Why is everone so SCARED of Angleton?

TexAgNDN

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

66 Here is some stats for dist.Angleton #1 Team Offense avg.350.3 per gm.But they rank #8 in team passing-Team Total Defense #4 allowing 266.0 per gm.-Total Team Rushing Defense #4 allowing 149.3 per gm.Team Passing Defense #4 allow 116.8 per gm. Team scoring Defense #3=21 pts.per gm.

[quote name="liltex" post="694252" timestamp="1257167785"]
66 Here is some stats for dist.Angleton #1 Team Offense avg.350.3 per gm.But they rank #8 in team passing-Team Total Defense #4 allowing 266.0 per gm.-Total Team Rushing Defense #4 allowing 149.3 per gm.Team Passing Defense #4 allow 116.8 per gm. Team scoring Defense #3=21 pts.per gm.
[/quote] You have to take in consideration those stats are from  playing in one of the toughest districts in TX, !

Yes it is a tough one but so is 20-4a thats my point. PNG and Central could play in there district this particular season. TY 79 i THINK THEY LIKE ME ALSO. I watched som game footage of Angleton and they are fast. They were playing Friendswood. I saw a bunch of missed tackles on the Stangs side of the ball. I did like the QB from Friendswood though. Whats his name Metzold something or another. I did notice that Friendswood had one heck of a kickreturn game. Definatly think the indians would be able to move the ball on them. (Wildcats) They maybe hard to stop on offense but looks like they could be slowed some. They are not unbeatable. I can say one thing for sure PNG has a better defense than Friendswood.  FW people get mad if you want its true. I will see more tapes ttoday if I get time. I have a local 4A coach from the area going to watch them with me later today. He alrerady watched some 20-4A footage with me. Should be a good week or 5 of football the next few weeks.

What's scary is they're unbeaten-nobody has come close-All pre-season against good 5A teams-Sam Carter had nearly 300 rushing yds against the Wildcats and still close to 38 pts could not overcome the 50 pts.Angleton put up.They Will be in the region finals in their division.Question for us is who gets the shot?

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="694258" timestamp="1257168937"]
Yes it is a tough one but so is 20-4a thats my point. PNG and Central could play in there district this particular season. TY 79 i THINK THEY LIKE ME ALSO. I watched som game footage of Angleton and they are fast. They were playing Friendswood. I saw a bunch of missed tackles on the Stangs side of the ball. I did like the QB from Friendswood though. Whats his name Metzold something or another. I did notice that Friendswood had one heck of a kickreturn game. Definatly think the indians would be able to move the ball on them. (Wildcats) They maybe hard to stop on offense but looks like they could be slowed some. They are not unbeatable. I can say one thing for sure PNG has a better defense than Friendswood.  FW people get mad if you want its true. I will see more tapes ttoday if I get time. I have a local 4A coach from the area going to watch them with me later today. He alrerady watched some 20-4A footage with me. Should be a good week or 5 of football the next few weeks.
[/quote]

Hey, I like everybody -- especially people like the hammer who clearly don't know any better.  He so wants to be liked!   ;D  

Having said that, I don't for a minute believe that the hammer has actually watched any game tapes, much less that he has "a local 4A coach from the area" who watches tapes with him.  That's a good one!  Almost as good as saying that PNG has a better defense (or anything for that matter) than Friendswood!  But it shows he's learning -- wanting to add a patina of credibility to his mindless blathering in support of PNG and its "reservation magic."  I love it!!!!   :D :D :D      

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="694294" timestamp="1257172358"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=61287.msg694258#msg694258 date=1257168937]
Yes it is a tough one but so is 20-4a thats my point. PNG and Central could play in there district this particular season. TY 79 i THINK THEY LIKE ME ALSO. I watched som game footage of Angleton and they are fast. They were playing Friendswood. I saw a bunch of missed tackles on the Stangs side of the ball. I did like the QB from Friendswood though. Whats his name Metzold something or another. I did notice that Friendswood had one heck of a kickreturn game. Definatly think the indians would be able to move the ball on them. (Wildcats) They maybe hard to stop on offense but looks like they could be slowed some. They are not unbeatable. I can say one thing for sure PNG has a better defense than Friendswood.  FW people get mad if you want its true. I will see more tapes ttoday if I get time. I have a local 4A coach from the area going to watch them with me later today. He alrerady watched some 20-4A footage with me. Should be a good week or 5 of football the next few weeks.
[/quote]

Hey, I like everybody -- especially people like the hammer who clearly don't know any better.  He so wants to be liked!   ;D  

Having said that, I don't for a minute believe that the hammer has actually watched any game tapes, much less that he has "a local 4A coach from the area" who watches tapes with him.  That's a good one!  Almost as good as saying that PNG has a better defense (or anything for that matter) than Friendswood!  But it shows he's learning -- wanting to add a patina of credibility to his mindless blathering in support of PNG and its "reservation magic."  I love it!!!!   :D :D :D      
[/quote]

FW has a stout defense with two of the best linebackers you will see in HS this year.  They do not have a ton of speed in the secondary but they are always in good position.  Their defense is comparable to the best defenses in 20 4A.

[quote name="PurpleDawg" post="694617" timestamp="1257186662"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=61287.msg694258#msg694258 date=1257168937]I watched som game footage of Angleton and they are fast. They were playing Friendswood.[/quote]

Is there any internet footage available?
[/quote]
Yes, on youtube there is a 10 minute video put together nicely by someone from Friendswood that put together most of the big plays and touchdowns scored by both teams. Just type in Friendswood football in the search box and it should be listed on there.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="693993" timestamp="1257127363"]
Its ok they need somewere to go. FW guys Ill be back in a few to continue our play-date.
[/quote]

That is what you do on these forums gang - share points of view and guess what, they do not always line up! We are going to disagree on some issues! Wow what a concept!!  PS I will remind folks that some of SETX freqeuent contributors would gleefully post - FW lost!! You did not see us do that when Crosby beat Dayton did ya?? So I hope it is ok with you if we come on and try to have some intellectual debate about teams that will see each other in the playoffs at some time? Good luck to all the last week of regular season and lets bring home a state title from our region!!Where is that Mary poster by the way??

From my understanding, Angleton is going Div II with the outside chance of going Div I.....Lake Travis will meet up with Denton Guyer or Longview for the title, but I personally think it will be Guyer.  I've seen them both play and Denton Guyer has a stout defense!  They are strong on all 3 levels...

[quote name="rollinac" post="694458" timestamp="1257180869"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=61287.msg694294#msg694294 date=1257172358]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=61287.msg694258#msg694258 date=1257168937]
[/quote]

[/quote]

FW has a stout defense with two of the best linebackers you will see in HS this year.  They do not have a ton of speed in the secondary but they are always in good position.  Their defense is comparable to the best defenses in 20 4A.
[/quote]

their defense is the best in the state!!!  EASY!!        and dont mislead these poor people about their secondary

[quote name="stevieray" post="696146" timestamp="1257289036"]
From my understanding, Angleton is going Div II with the outside chance of going Div I.....Lake Travis will meet up with Denton Guyer or Longview for the title, but I personally think it will be Guyer.  I've seen them both play and Denton Guyer has a stout defense!  They are strong on all 3 levels...

[/quote]

Angleton has no chance of going Division 1.  The Division 1 reps are Friendswood and Dawson.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476