Problems at Horn land

Hazben

Bad news from Horn land, more players leave the program. One of them a 3 year starter.Problems continue to plague the Horns. The problems run deep and are fixable if the supt. will step up and realize they screwed up and fix it before they loose another 5 years. Enrollment up football participation down.

HF made the biggest mistake of gettin rid of Tarver.  Then they get rid of Walker, which he wasnt the greatest coach, but he was decent.  They go and hire a dang softball coach.  Are you freakin kidding me,  what were they thinking?  They were stupid whenever they passed on 2 people who wouldve made great head coaches,  Pratt and Broussard.  Im predicting HF wont have a football team in a few years if this keeps up.  No offense to the players,  but the school board doest know what theyre doing.

Guest Tong Po

HF made the biggest mistake of gettin rid of Tarver.  Then they get rid of Walker, which he wasnt the greatest coach, but he was decent.  They go and hire a dang softball coach.  Are you freakin kidding me,  what were they thinking?  They were stupid whenever they passed on 2 people who wouldve made great head coaches,  Pratt and Broussard.  Im predicting HF wont have a football team in a few years if this keeps up.  No offense to the players,  but the school board doest know what theyre doing.

I'm sure HF could just call up any of the coaches you mentioned, and they would all be willing to rush back to the armpit of southeast texas.  :D

I'm sure HF could just call up any of the coaches you mentioned, and they would all be willing to rush back to the armpit of southeast texas.   :D

Stfu.gif

Go crawl back into the hole you came out of. K Thx

Guest ECBucFan

HF made the biggest mistake of gettin rid of Tarver.  

As I understood it, Tarver bailed on H-F. He wanted to follow his wife where ever she worked. 

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan

Tarver, Pratt or Broussard would not have been able to stave off this low point in the HF Football program.  People who were paying attention new this going into this year.  Not discounting the fact that at least eight starters have had season ending injuries, some of the best athletes in grades 10 - 12 have had no interest or desire to play football since Middle School.  Couple that with the fact that the Administration has done very little to support, much less endorse athletics has got us into the current situation.  No one could succeed under these circumstances.  Hamshire Fannett Youth Football began with the current class of sophomores and continues to grow.  Those kids were raised with the desire to play football.  HF will be back.  Whether it is with the current coach or someone else.  P.S. - for those interested, HF Girls athletics has had a lot of success in the last few years.

HF made the biggest mistake of gettin rid of Tarver.  

As I understood it, Tarver bailed on H-F. He wanted to follow his wife where ever she worked. 

well maybe he did,  i could be wrong.  Speakin of Tarver anybody know where he's at now adays,  is he still coaching?

He retired after the 06 season. I believe he lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax