*Lumberton vs. Central/Central wins 14-7/Comments

I guess Central had a bad night on offense HUH! PIRATE FANS!

Is that a question?  ???

In all honesty, I thought the Raider D played pretty solid vs. Vidor, so I hope you're able to take a compliment, because you certainly can't take criticism. Here's the criticism, granted, it's only speculation. But I think had the weather been more pleasant, Central might have scored a little more. The same can be said for the Raider O too, so don't think I'm taking anything away from your team.

Be proud, Raiders. I don't know exactly how many fumbles your team had, but it sounded like a lot. To lose that many fumbles, and only lose by 1 TD? Impressive. That's something to be glad about.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Game Raiders An Jags

Y'all say Lumberton Defense was good..But so was Centrals D..They held Lumberton to 7 Pt's and that 4th and inches yard stand the D made was the Game winner IMO..

Centrals Defense gets better and better every week..Also i saw Jacoby Hale #44 on the sideline in street Cloths..

I attended this game and note that i am neither a raider nor jaguar fan. Had this game been dry, the ltrain would have dominated. Im assuming they would have held onto the ball a bit better though  ::)

this is the response that created the snowball down hill. don't forget the ball was dry last week! as far as lumberton winning out, hard to say? but their are no locks in this district!

I attended this game and note that i am neither a raider nor jaguar fan. Had this game been dry, the ltrain would have dominated. Im assuming they would have held onto the ball a bit better though  ::)

please, central has much more team speed than lumberton does

Well, here's my coulda woulda shoulda take on the game, you can take it or leave it Vidor Peerat. If L-Train coulda got over their fumblitis or at least recovered their own fumbles, they woulda in all likelyhood won, that being said, as many fumbles as we had/lost, I personally think Central shoulda stomped a hole in the Raiders tonight. I am really surprised Central didn't come away with at least 42 more points, give the Lumberton Defense some huge props for containing this game and never letting the Jags run away with it. On the other side, props to the Jags for jumping on all those fumbled balls. Both teams played well considering the greased pig they were trying to hang on to. Thank goodness, the penalties were pretty much at a minimum this week. The team that took the best care of the ball came away with the win, congratulations. On a side note, I think teams who commit penalties on purpose just to burn up a little more time should receive a loss of down as well as the negative yardage.

Are you talking about Central?

Yes and no Soulja, I think any team that does this is wrong and should lose a down. Granted it was a heck of a way to burn up the rest of the clock, but had they not gotten that last "penalty", we would have had the ball for what at least one more play. People can use all the excuses in the world, but this has IMO, always been a sneaky way to win. Let the game play out until the end is what I feel.

Y'all say Lumberton Defense was good..But so was Centrals D..They held Lumberton to 7 Pt's and that 4th and inches yard stand the D made was the Game winner IMO..

Centrals Defense gets better and better every week..Also i saw Jacoby Hale #44 on the sideline in street Cloths..

You're right about that, that, at least for Central could have easily been the play of the game. Solid stand there.

Also, our announcer said that air horns are against UIL rules.  not even 2 seconds later, the guy in the truck on track blew the L-Train horn!  What's up with that?  You just refuse to keep that darn thing quiet!  ;D

Don't worry about the horn .....get ya one!

The rule probably states in the stands!LOL!

You're right about that, that, at least for Central could have easily been the play of the game. Solid stand there.

3rd week in a row we stopped a 4th and short ;D i love it. But Lumberton did make a game of it. good game Raiders, ya'll have come a long way :)

Also, our announcer said that air horns are against UIL rules.  not even 2 seconds later, the guy in the truck on track blew the L-Train horn!  What's up with that?  You just refuse to keep that darn thing quiet!  ;D

Although I haven't found it yet, the actual rule on Air Horns at athletic events only prohibits their use at indoor facilities. It is located somewhere in one of the UIL manuals if anyone wants to go looking for it online.

It's really nothing.  It didn't bother me at all.  I thought it was creative that you call them L-Train and you bring the train horn to the games.  I was just saying that right after the announcer said something about brining horns to a UIL event, immediately afterwards, the Horn was blown.  It was like, 'the heck with that dude, I'm blowing this darn horn!'. 

The Jags will keep the win.....you can keep your horn and the loss...  :)

It's really nothing.  It didn't bother me at all.  I thought it was creative that you call them L-Train and you bring the train horn to the games.  I was just saying that right after the announcer said something about brining horns to a UIL event, immediately afterwards, the Horn was blown.  It was like, 'the heck with that dude, I'm blowing this darn horn!'.  

I don't know the rule but I think it says noisemakers aren't allowed in the stands. Lumberton's announcer always announces that if you use them you have to go to the endzone.

Although I haven't found it yet, the actual rule on Air Horns at athletic events only prohibits their use at indoor facilities. It is located somewhere in one of the UIL manuals if anyone wants to go looking for it online.

I will only post this one more time as I have already posted it too many times already.

The UIL website is found at www.uil.utexas.edu.  The rule in question is found under section 1208 subletter (n) MASCOTS, FIREARMS, PYROTECHNIC DEVICES, BALLOONS.  It states: Noisemakers are prohibited at League athletic events held in field houses and/or gymnasiums.  Releasing balloons is prohibited at League athletic events held outdoors.  However this does not prevent a school or venue from establishing their own rules regarding what they will and will not allow.

The Jags will keep the win.....you can keep your horn and the loss...  :)

What kind of dumb statement is that ...... ? Oh! That's right look who we're talking about! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

I know you didn't soulja, I was stating my opinion of the game under those horrible circumstances. I would have loved to see how the game would have been if mother nature would have been better. I will always give props to the winning team. The last couple of weeks have been tough on us raider fans knowing that we usually play better and take better care of the ball. Good luck the rest of the season to your jags  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476