Grades, how did everybody do?

I was told that the linebacker was ineligible due to grades. Haven't heard anything other than that.

TD, you won't see ME come on here with excuses. I leave that to a couple of WOS fans. ;) But I can't vouch for any other Tiger fans.

OK good. By your wink I hope you were referring to other WOS fans than myself. If I ever do whine or make excuses about a loss, I want to know. I do believe sometimes you can get caught up and not realize you're doing it. No worries people here will let you know.  ;D

Oh no TD, you are not one of those. Those couple know who they are. ;) ;D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that the linebacker was ineligible due to grades. Haven't heard anything other than that.

TD, you won't see ME come on here with excuses. I leave that to a couple of WOS fans. ;) But I can't vouch for any other Tiger fans.

OK good. By your wink I hope you were referring to other WOS fans than myself. If I ever do whine or make excuses about a loss, I want to know. I do believe sometimes you can get caught up and not realize you're doing it. No worries people here will let you know.  ;D

Lord, AAW, don't don't put that popcorn under that heat again.

I hear ya, Soulja. ;D

But, if the game tomorrow night goes down like I hope it does, this site may very well explode. ;)

Guest Silsbee88

I hear ya, Soulja. ;D

But, if the game tomorrow night goes down like I hope it does, this site may very well explode. ;)

Just remind Coop we do have lots of security lined up for tomorrow night... ;)

Guest Silsbee88

Now that is FUNNY BMTSoulja1

Silsbee lost 2 starters. Wide Reciever (leading reciever) and Linebacker.

ouch!

Exactly!! When is the bad luck going to end for the Tigers? Coupled with injuries, 2 of which are season ending injuries, Silsbee has now lost 4 starters and a key reserve in the last few weeks to go along with these ineligible players.

Hopefully the bad ends tomorrow night.

you consider it bad luck when an athlete in ineligible due to grades??

sorry if people disagree with me but an athletes number one priority is and should be grades!

ouch!

Exactly!! When is the bad luck going to end for the Tigers? Coupled with injuries, 2 of which are season ending injuries, Silsbee has now lost 4 starters and a key reserve in the last few weeks to go along with these ineligible players.

sorry if people disagree with me but an athletes number one priority is and should be grades!

I will agree with you on that one. Good post young man! ;)

ouch!

I'll clarify my statement. I do not think the ineligible players is bad luck. I meant it that coupled with the injuries, just some bad sitiuations for Silsbee to have to overcome.

Guest Silsbee88

ouch!

I just wish alot of the parents of athletes felt the same way......it would amaze some at the response you get from some parents regarding their children not being allowed extra-curricular activities......and they will never respond to teacher request for conference due to poor performance in the classroom. :'( :'(

ouch!

I just wish alot of the parents of athletes felt the same way......it would amaze some at the response you get from some parents regarding their children not being allowed extra-curricular activities......and they will never respond to teacher request for conference due to poor performance in the classroom. :'( :'(

most teachers are more than willing to help players keep their eligibility, but if they have no help from the parents or kid there isn't much they can do. most will tell you the kids no pass no play rule helps some kids that are borderline achieve more because the kids want to play so bad. this gives the kids more incentive to keep their grades up. once they lose out on their chance to play sports some kids give up on classwork all together. hopefully all the kids that are out bring up their grades by the 9 week report card date.

ouch!

most teachers are more than willing to help players keep their eligibility, but if they have no help from the parents or kid there isn't much they can do. most will tell you the kids no pass no play rule helps some kids that are borderline achieve more because the kids want to play so bad. this gives the kids more incentive to keep their grades up. once they lose out on their chance to play sports some kids give up on classwork all together. hopefully all the kids that are out bring up their grades by the 9 week report card date.

may sound like a stupid question, but i was never ineligible from playing cause i refused to miss a game... BUT,

is it only from report card to report card to determine if you're eligible or not? i heard that report cards make you ineligible but a progress report or a report card could make you eligible?

i mean, you shouldn't be aiming for that but was just a question that i honestly dont know the answer to.

how can i make any excuses?  you or one of your silsbee buddies delete everything i post.

The best quote I ever heard on this was from a guy who used to work for me.He told his daughter "No pass, No play" and then took it another step "All A's or No play".She went on to be a standout athlete and the valedictorian.There is no excuse for a kid not to be able to pass a high school course.atahey just have to hit the books a little harder when there is a question of eligibility.

Guest Burkeville Chronicle

whsalum, I agree with most of what you say and thank God for teachers. They do not get near the credit or near the pay that they deserve for educating our children. However, in some schools, we tend to have some teachers who love having that power of failing a kid in their hands and will use that to their advantage. I would give all kids the benefit of the doubt the first six weeks (although I would not let them know it) and pass them if they were football players. All kids learn differently and many students take time to learn a specific teachers style of education. Most coaches that I know would stay on an athlete that is failing but many teachers will not even tell the coaches or worse will have the students passing at the 3rd six weeks progress reports. Kids indeed need to "hit the books" but teachers (some, not all) need to learn that teaching is in itself a learned science.....and that high school teachers are just that..and not college professors.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• I will never understand why someone cares what decisions a family makes regarding their own child? Maybe Joe Burrow learns great life lessons from burning up all his eligibility sitting behind Justin Fields at Ohio State but I’m sure him and his family feel like they made the right decision by transferring to LSU, becoming the #1 pick and now being the highest paid QB in NFL history. Same for Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts at their first stops.    I think it was more beneficial for Reggie Branch to transfer to Crosby and end up having an opportunity to play for a state title versus staying at GCM and learning life lessons while he loses and probably doesn’t go D1 because his team is a perennial loser. If Robinson throws for 2k yards this year it’s going to be a lot better for his recruitment purposes than sitting on the bench at BH, not to mention he’s going to get significant looks because of the kids he’s on the team with and the offers/commitments they’ve already made. He’s not being taught to run from competition, he’s being taught to gamble on himself just like all those other guys I mentioned did. 
    • You have found Utopia. I live in the real world.
    • Every Yuppie wants one.  Give me a V-8 with loud pipes, and they can have their electric vehicles.  Was working a major incident one day and we had a road blocked off.  Police vehicles with lights going and a kid pulls up in a Tesla.  He - let me stress that HE is sobbing uncontrollably because he is at 5% battery life and HAS to go down the road we have blocked to get to a charging station.  He pulled over and literally threw a temper tantrum because we would not let him through.  
    • Have you noticed that it's always the libs that bring up race?  For a long time now whenever a lib is losing an argument or have nothing else to say they bring up racism.  Or something silly like institutional racism.  LOL!
    • Ha!  Whatever that means!  
  • Topics