Jasper 21 3a District Champs 2009

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jasper has already beat Wos, Silsbee, and HF.  That's half the district, probably the top two teams and the bottom team. All we have left is BC, Orangefield, and HJ.  Win 2 of those games and we are district champs should be an easy row to hoe. 

After Jasper plays Carthage that would mean Jasper has played the #1 team Gilmer #2 Carthage and #3 WO-S in the state. 

Jasper has already beat Wos, Silsbee, and HF.  That's half the district, probably the top two teams and the bottom team. All we have left is BC, Orangefield, and HJ.  Win 2 of those games and we are district champs should be an easy row to hoe. 

After Jasper plays Carthage that would mean Jasper has played the #1 team Gilmer #2 Carthage and #3 WO-S in the state. 

That is impressive.  Can't remember that happening before.

That is impressive.  Can't remember that happening before.

Don't tell anybody Hup, those WOS pollsters might have to move Jasper ahead of Newton.  They are still recovering from moving WOS down and just can't take a Jasper step-up right now.

Oh well, maybe not being ranked is a good thing. A lot of coaches say they don't want to be ranked because it is a distraction to the kids. But at the same time, it is a slap in the face to the Jasper kids who soundly defeated WO-S, and Kirbyville, and played neck-to-neck with Gilmer for one half of that game.

Guest dawg4life

I don't think Jasper is one of the top 15 teams in the state at this point, but I do think they are world's better than they were last couple years.

Friday September 18, 2009

Jasper Bulldogs 23

W-O-S Mustangs 13

and the Mustangs are deserving of a top 10 ranking ???

There are some scenarios out there (although unlikely) that would produce a Jasper/WO-S rematch in the playoffs.  That is something Jasper does not want to happen, no matter what they say.  Take care of Carthage, then come talk about top 10.  If you take playing Gilmer close for one half and getting blown out in the other as a bragging point positive, the expectations are too low and you'll never get there.

I don't think Jasper is one of the top 15 teams in the state at this point, but I do think they are world's better than they were last couple years.

Friday September 18, 2009

Jasper Bulldogs 23

W-O-S Mustangs 13

and the Mustangs are deserving of a top 10 ranking ???

Maybe, but if they are, Jasper should be at least #9.  ;D  But I don't really care about rankings.  I care about those playoff victories.  :)  At least five or six of them.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder