• HJ Freshmen
    • Twin County LD
    • HJ JH

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of odd coming from a guy who does the same thing for his Silsbee Tiger team!!! :D :D :D

I support my Tiger teams, but will respect anyone's differing opinion, good or bad.

::) ::) ::):D :D :D

Oh really AAW???  How ironic.

I respect it, may not agree with it, but respect a person's own opinion. I'll argue my point always till proven wrong, but if someone thinks differently about my Tigers than I do, I can debate with them and still respect their opinion. Of course unless I know for a fact they are doing it only out of spite. I don't think this is the case though.

Gotta disagree AAW....he is dismissing Lazeek's opinion just as much as the other way...."not become an HJ dominated website"??? Seriously???  Are you saying that HJ posters # of posts will be limited????

This has all gotten very silly....ya'll have a great day.

No, that's not what I am saying. Nobody will be limited to how much they can post. Everyone will be entitled to his or her opinion.

Actually coach just the opposite, have tried all day to get his opinion why, so far it is because they are HJ and that is it.  Nothing like, well we have a team that is hard to match up with or that we have 6 starters coming back.  How about we worked hard this offseason on blank in order to make up up for the 30 pts per game that we lost from last season.  Just a logical talk about basketball.  I realize that HJ has good program never said different but every program can have down year, look at WOS.  Just saying that if you look at this on paper I don't see it.

Guest stevenash

Wildcatter-when the opposition stops turner from slashing u can rest assured some of his teammates will have easy scoring opportunities. Furthermore if u wish to talk about what willmake hj competetive this year, it's not so much height or athletecism but basketball intellect and there is nothing u can say or do to lessen the impact of their considerable , year in year out intellect both from a player and coaching standpoint

I agree on the intellect, fundamentals are the key to any good team.  I don't quite agree at the point on the others based on what I have seen so far, but it is the preseason. IMO you let Turner get his points but someone else will have to step up and beat a good team.  HJ does have good players who understand the game and gets them far.  It is like the press, alot of unfored errors because they put you in bad position becasue they have worked same system since JH.

Guest spinks

Kind of odd coming from a guy who does the same thing for his Silsbee Tiger team!!! :D :D :D

I support my Tiger teams, but will respect anyone's differing opinion, good or bad.

::) ::) ::):D :D :D

Oh really AAW???  How ironic.

I respect it, may not agree with it, but respect a person's own opinion. I'll argue my point always till proven wrong, but if someone thinks differently about my Tigers than I do, I can debate with them and still respect their opinion. Of course unless I know for a fact they are doing it only out of spite. I don't think this is the case though.

I am interested in knowing where anyone was disrespected in this thread either way.  So many get bent out of shape about HJ fans and it is only because there are more on here.  However, I am sure if we are going to "not let this turn in to anHJ dominated board" than you will have substantially less traffic.

no spite at all, repect what they have accomplished just does not mean that I drank the Kool-aid.  Sorry about the wrong name for the school guess it was not as obvious as I thought it would be.  Also, not trying to turn it in to OF?HJ thread, the topic was what we thought about the rankings, not , how dare you disagree with rankings becasue we went further last year even though wildcatter said we would not.

Guest spinks

no spite at all, repect what they have accomplished just does not mean that I drank the Kool-aid.  Sorry about the wrong name for the school guess it was not as obvious as I thought it would be.  Also, not trying to turn it in to OF?HJ thread, the topic was what we thought about the rankings, not , how dare you disagree with rankings becasue we went further last year even though wildcatter said we would not.

I am just confused because I just see guys disagreeing with one another which is what this board and talking is all about.  Either one of you can say as you just said "how dare you disagree" because both think they are right which is fine.  Just lost at the AAW post about this not becoming and HJ board. 

What exactly is your motive?

Is it that you are tired of HJ beating OF?  Is it that you are tired of HJ constantly having the best 3A program in SE Texas over the last 2 decades?  Is it that deep down inside you wish that your kids went to HJ so that they could feel what it is like to play on a State Championship team?  What is it?

Should they be ranked in the state?  Absolutely!!!!  Should they be ranked #1.....NO!!!  But they are very worthy of a Top Ten ranking.  Hey they may lose two or three games in district.  They may lose to OF this year.  But nevertheless they are worthy of their ranking.

What exactly is your motive?

Is it that you are tired of HJ beating OF?  Is it that you are tired of HJ constantly having the best 3A program in SE Texas over the last 2 decades?  Is it that deep down inside you wish that your kids went to HJ so that they could feel what it is like to play on a State Championship team?  What is it?

Should they be ranked in the state?  Absolutely!!!!  Should they be ranked #1.....NO!!!  But they are very worthy of a Top Ten ranking.  Hey they may lose two or three games in district.  They may lose to OF this year.  But nevertheless they are worthy of their ranking.

I agree with the bold part 100%.

My motive was a discussion of how we felt about the rankings.  Just because you sit in the front row at all the games does not make you an expert, just means you have good seats.  Plyed on a state champion myself no greater feeling in the world.  Played on greatest program in college ball as well.  I can have an opinion even if it is different from yours.  My problem is that you feel like if we don't agree with you then we must be a hater or moron.  I always want someone from our district to be there but just as you accuse DV of putting down all the teams here so do you.  I always root for OF but I also am a realist.  You just make it very easy to get under your skin and you are never going to listen to another opinion.  I go back to original question then Why do you think HJ should be ranked that high and it can't be about what they accomplished last year because the nucleus of that team is gone.  Not negative just not convinced, my opinion only matters as much as yours no more, no less.  BTW I have had positives to say about HJ.

Guest stevenash

My motive was a discussion of how we felt about the rankings.  Just because you sit in the front row at all the games does not make you an expert, just means you have good seats.  Plyed on a state champion myself no greater feeling in the world.  Played on greatest program in college ball as well.  I can have an opinion even if it is different from yours.  My problem is that you feel like if we don't agree with you then we must be a hater or moron.  I always want someone from our district to be there but just as you accuse DV of putting down all the teams here so do you.  I always root for OF but I also am a realist.  You just make it very easy to get under your skin and you are never going to listen to another opinion.  I go back to original question then Why do you think HJ should be ranked that high and it can't be about what they accomplished last year because the nucleus of that team is gone.  Not negative just not convinced, my opinion only matters as much as yours no more, no less.  BTW I have had positives to say about HJ.

Wildcatter-  Since you are so interested in "truth" and "objectivity", why not let us know what "the greatest college program in college ball" is?  I suspect some (probably many) will have an OPINION that it was NOT the greatest program in college ball.   Also, as we "seek'truth and objectivity, why not step forward and admit that you did not see HJ play 15 times or for that matter, anywhere close to 15 times over the summer?  Additionally, for someone who portrays himself as fair minded and objective, you might wish to consider dropping the theory that you are getting under anybody's skin as it has a whiff of self aggrandizement to it.

What I'm most interested in is who has the best concession stand......  ;D chicken strip baskets, barbecue or chili dogs!.........as an onlooker I don't have a problem with HJ being ranked. The program,tradition and the success the program has had the last few years I think have earned it........time will tell as the season gets going.....

Very simple answer.....hen TABC votes they evidently take into consideration what they have coming back, what they have done, reputation, coaching among other things!!!!  Maybe you should call TABC and ask them because whatever I say is not good enough for you!!!

Guest stevenash

What I'm most interested in is who has the best concession stand......  ;D chicken strip baskets, barbecue or chili dogs!.........as an onlooker I don't have a problem with HJ being ranked. The program,tradition and the success the program has had the last few years I think have earned it........time will tell as the season gets going.....

No-look-  You will have access to a virtual concession stand as well as the conventional one.  THis is available only in the high tech skybox.  Jerry Jones has nothing on HJ

No-look-  You will have access to a virtual concession stand as well as the conventional one.  THis is available only in the high tech skybox.  Jerry Jones has nothing on HJ

I do feel honored and humbled to be held in such high regard........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317