• HJ Freshmen
    • Twin County LD
    • HJ JH

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again.........HJ does not need your support.  Take your sarcastic remarks and keep them in Orangefield.  You represent your school so well.  You should be proud and I am sure that your son is proud of you as well.

I will personally make sure that if HJ makes a deep run that you are not welcome to come watch!!! :D :D :D

Once again.........HJ does not need your support.  Take your sarcastic remarks and keep them in Orangefield.  You represent your school so well.  You should be proud and I am sure that your son is proud of you as well.

I will personally make sure that if HJ makes a deep run that you are not welcome to come watch!!! :D :D :D

I could send the H-town gestapo to help for security purposes ?........ ;D

Now see, that is funny.  The reason for sarcasm is that you have yet to give me a reson to believe that HJ should have the rank.  That is why it is a discussion.  It has to consist of more than Uh UH in order for it to work.  Thus far that is the extent of your reason for the ranking.  I can see Silsbee they are returning several starters and a matchup problem.  I say anything about HJ whome I have seen play at least 15 times over the summer and I am not representing the school.  It is a basketball discussion not who has the best school.

HJ is always a solid program and will always have the respect of coaches in the state who vote on the rankings and based on what HJ has done in the past with the so-called "under manned" teams that they have had.  They get respect and that is one of the reasons for the state ranking.  They also have a great coaching staff that enables them to get more out of less!!!!

Are you satisfied with my response now? ::) ::) ::)

But as I said it is based on before not a real picture of what is there.  I also said that they would have a good season.  I also said that your predictions had to include more than just your team and it has to be more than well we are HJ.  That is my entire point.  The differnce is I watch basketball you just watch the hawks and there is nothing wrong with that, just don't get pissed if people ask you to defend your thoughts with something other than well HJ has a better coaching staff.  I agree that Sutherland is good coach and will have them ready to play ut you also have to look at the talent and this is one of the leaner years that HJ has had in the past 3 or 4 years.  Does not make them bad team but this year they have weaknesses unlike other years.  I watched turner this summer and in my opinion he can't take over a game like others have because people will be able to key on him.  He will get his points but you can't tell me that you are the same team that you have been with 2 or 3 guys that could score at will.

But as I said it is based on before not a real picture of what is there.  I also said that they would have a good season.  I also said that your predictions had to include more than just your team and it has to be more than well we are HJ.  That is my entire point.  The differnce is I watch basketball you just watch the hawks and there is nothing wrong with that, just don't get pissed if people ask you to defend your thoughts with something other than well HJ has a better coaching staff.  I agree that Sutherland is good coach and will have them ready to play ut you also have to look at the talent and this is one of the leaner years that HJ has had in the past 3 or 4 years.  Does not make them bad team but this year they have weaknesses unlike other years.  I watched turner this summer and in my opinion he can't take over a game like others have because people will be able to key on him.  He will get his points but you can't tell me that you are the same team that you have been with 2 or 3 guys that could score at will.

HJ haters have said this for years and yet the Hawks continue to surprise people.  HJ will not have a main guy to go to this year, but will have 5-7 guys that con lead the team on any given night.  With Gustafson, Turner, Ricossa, Prudhome, Venable, Anderson, Nobles and Persohn.  There are more but I am drawing a blank on names right now  All of these kids played Varsity last year except for Prudhome and Persohn.  This does not include any kids moving up from JV.  HJ will be fine.  Will they make it to state????  Who knows and nobody expected them to last year except for the Hawks themselves!!!!

But they had the tools to get there last year.  5 of those 7 you mentioned played varsity and this summer.  That is the point, not a lot of scoring there and no impact players, maybe solid team.  Just because I disagree does not make a hater just means that no matter what is said you call us that, not really a discussion. If that were the case then I would just call you a discussion hater which sounds pretty ridiculous.  You go on and on about DV bragging but you do the same if anyone talks about the hawks. My point in the beginning of all of this was that the ranking was based upon past not the present which is what you have now said.

Actually I usually down play the Hawks!!!! :D :D :D

I just defend them when someone like yourself has no clue about HJ basketball and comes on here talking about how they are overrated over ranked when it is just pure jealousy.

Maybe last year when at the end of the season they were ranked around 12-14 and they made it to the Final Four I guess that means that they were underrated last season.

And please do not ever compare me to DV!!!!! ::) ::) ::)

You are more like him trying to start crap on here!!!

Jealousy over what? The fact that HJ made a run last year, why would that be?  I have just tried to have basketball discusson about THIS year not how many times you have won this or that.  I merely asked you to convince us why you thought you should be ranked and the only basketball answer that I got was a roster update.  BTW I think we beat you both JV games last year not just one.  My point is that all you have been able to say is look at last year or the year before that and most of the guys are gone now.  This is opinion for this year and you have done or said nothing to justify other than remind all of us 10 times about last year.  Since you are the all knowing then tell me the scoring from those because I actually think you lost 2/3 of scoring not just half.  So if you ae starting with a good defensive player like Turner unles you are going to win 2 to nothing you are going to need to score.  When I have seen Turner playe for the last 2 years plus the summer he has not exactly been know for his outside shot, it has been slashing to the basket.  That leaves some small guys outside that can shoot if they are left open, not creators.  So my point is that if Turner is stopped they do not have weapons like they did in the PAST which you still will not agree with I am sure.  If they were that great I am sure that they would have goten significant minutes last year.

Man Wildcatter, you sure spend alot of time saying the same thing over and over and over again. I guess if you start the thread it makes it ok. That is why you started the thread isn't it? So you can say the same thing over and over and over and over again. No wait, you watched 15 games this summer from the concession stand, right? OK, that qualifies you to say the same things over and over and over and over again. Lets break it down!! You don't think HJ will be that good this year. Ranked too high. Turner not that good of a scorer. HJ has noone else to score. You don't think HJ will be that good this year. Ranked too high. Turner not that good of a scorer. HJ has noone else to score. You don't think HJ will be that good this year. Ranked too high. Turner not that good of a scorer. HJ has noone else to score. You don't think HJ will be that good this year. Ranked too high. Turner not that good of a scorer. HJ has noone else to score.  Got it!!!!!

What do you want my answer to be?

If you know then you tell me.

I know that OF has a great player in Hayes and that he is a force, but other than him who else does OF have?  Angelle is gone.  That was a ton of OF offense from last year as well.

HJ always finds ways and they will this year as well.  Everyone always wants to down the Hawks and claim that this is the year that they will be down.  Yet they have continued to prevail!!!!

Please introduce yourself at the next HJ/OF game so I can see the intellect that is Wildcatter!!!!

Man Wildcatter, you sure spend alot of time saying the same thing over and over and over again. I guess if you start the thread it makes it ok. That is why you started the thread isn't it? So you can say the same thing over and over and over and over again. No wait, you watched 15 games this summer from the concession stand, right? OK, that qualifies you to say the same things over and over and over and over again. Lets break it down!! You don't think HJ will be that good this year. Ranked too high. Turner not that good of a scorer. HJ has noone else to score. You don't think HJ will be that good this year. Ranked too high. Turner not that good of a scorer. HJ has noone else to score. You don't think HJ will be that good this year. Ranked too high. Turner not that good of a scorer. HJ has noone else to score. You don't think HJ will be that good this year. Ranked too high. Turner not that good of a scorer. HJ has noone else to score.  Got it!!!!!

I just wet my pants I think!!!! :D :D :D

The way I see it, Wildcat is entitled to his opinion on the subject of HJ being overrated or not. Some may disagree with him, some may not. There is no problem with defending your team and saying why you may disagree with someone. What's not okay is to ridicule someone for them stating their opinion about a team. It's quite alright to debate back and forth on what each person believes in but it's not okay to just dismiss someone for their opinion. To say he doesn't know what he is talking about and that he is just a hater is not fair. He is just giving his opinion on what he thinks HJ will be this coming season, nothing more.

I am going to say this right now on this thread because I was asked to by several folks to speak on this before basketball season gets underway. I hope this does not offend any of my friends over at Hardin-Jefferson.

This basketball forum will not turn into a HJ basketball dominated forum like another site became. We want all the area schools to have their day in the sun here on our site. I really, really appreciate what the HJ fans bring to this site but we are not going to allow them to just dismiss others for their opinions on the Hawk team. The same will go for any other teams in our area. You can defend your teams till the cows come home but your opinion means no more than anyone else's. If you disagree with someone's opinion on how good or bad your team is, then defend it with your own opinion or facts. But don't make it personal. I have been guilty of this myself and I am going to promise not to do that any longer.

If Wildcat thinks the Hawks are going to have a somewhat down year, so be it. I don't see how that is a personal attack on the HJ fans, players, or coaches. He maybe pretty observant but only time will tell on that. I for one will not make such predictions, but that's just me.

We have actually met several times, and I agree that Hayes is good player, others will have to step up this year such as Granger, Evans, Smith, Moss, Gustream. Since Coach is on with us now go back through my posts on this and let me know where I have said we would win district or that you would not.  I realize that is has hurt your feelings greatly that I don't agree with the state rankings but I am sure that when you win state this year you will show me. Guess I am going to have to start a thread for basketball discussion for those other than HJ coaches or family to get that discussion as it is getting nowhere here.  It is fun to get you guys stirred up though.  This was better than golfing today.

Nobody ever said that you said that OF would win district.....we ALL know that that is not gonna happen!!!!

You also never said that HJ would not win district either.  I have just defended my Hawks and will continue to do so.  I did not realize that HJ had to justify their state ranking to anyone, especially you.  I am sure that TABC will take your opinion into consideration in the next poll!!! ::) ::) ::):D :D :D

Guest stevenash

We have actually met several times, and I agree that Hayes is good player, others will have to step up this year such as Granger, Evans, Smith, Moss, Gustream. Since Coach is on with us now go back through my posts on this and let me know where I have said we would win district or that you would not.  I realize that is has hurt your feelings greatly that I don't agree with the state rankings but I am sure that when you win state this year you will show me. Guess I am going to have to start a thread for basketball discussion for those other than HJ coaches or family to get that discussion as it is getting nowhere here.  It is fun to get you guys stirred up though.  This was better than golfing today.

I suspect that for you, most everything is better than golfing

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317