Lumberton Scoop

thescoop

before the school year started and most of you didnt know who he was and why the other coach was being replaced.....i was the first to tell each and everyone of you that he was a man that could go anywhere and maek a winning team...some of you are still doubting....you go right ahead and each week on saturday morning after your team has lost to the Raiders you should think to yourself...why didnt we respect this team and there coach

I've said it several times. The new Coach is a great coach no doubt about it. Great man great coach. He knows football. It's nice that Lumberton is 3-0 and i'm glad he's got them headed in the right direction. I wish nothing but the best for Lumberton. All i'm saying is this is a very tough district. I've seen some of these teams play and it won't be easy for Lumberton this year in District. They will get better each year under him and their time will come.

well WO-S 92

maybe just maybe,in the near future Lumberton will pop into your head as a football school.

If u remember Nederland didn't always pop into peoples head either.

Lumberton does have a GREAT COACH and they will play very hard for him.These kids have heart and win or lose they will be ready to play every Friday night.This is a very tough district but Lumberton will surprise some team's this year. These are CREDUER'S RAIDER'S!!!!!These guy's don't care about the past.They are in the here and now!

The kid's aren't the one's bragging.This group of athlete's have alot of class.There should not be anyone from L-Town talking smack!

That's all for now.Good luck to all the 22-4A teams..

the combined record of L-TOWNS OPPONETS IS 2-7. AND 2 OF THEM WERE 3A SCHOOLS.WILL THAT LEVEL OF COMP. HAVE THEM READY FOR THE TEAMS IN THEIR DISRICT? WE'LL FIND OUT FRIDAY! l

Sometimes coaches will play smaller schools to help with chances of winning. Lumberton plays a "soft schedule" So do half of the NCAA teams in the starts of the season. They have been able to learn the system and execute and win, therefore they have gained confidence which may be something that program has never had. Lets look at winnable games for LHS this year in district. Vidor, and LCM. Steal one from Ozen, then knock off one of the big boys and your in the middle of the playoff race. The coach knows what he is doing and LHS may surprise a few teams and sneak into the playoffs. If they don't and finish 6-4 the ground work is started for a winning program and he has created interest in it already. When is the last time someone talked this much about Raider football?

VERY GOOD POST JMAY!

One thing to keep in mind, this schedule was set before Credeur took over the head coaching job. Although, i did hear that he was involved in the making of the schedule.

Another point! Both BC and Cleveland were 3A playoff teams last year and BC probably will be again this year. New Caney is a huge 4A school with 1800+ students.

The Raiders will never have any respect until they earn it in district. That starts this Friday at 7:30 in Dayton.

Sometimes coaches will play smaller schools to help with chances of winning. Lumberton plays a "soft schedule" So do half of the NCAA teams in the starts of the season. They have been able to learn the system and execute and win' date=' therefore they have gained confidence which may be something that program has never had. Lets look at winnable games for LHS this year in district. Vidor, and LCM. Steal one from Ozen, then knock off one of the big boys and your in the middle of the playoff race. The coach knows what he is doing and LHS may surprise a few teams and sneak into the playoffs. If they don't and finish 6-4 the ground work is started for a winning program and he has created interest in it already. When is the last time someone talked this much about Raider football?[/quote']

There is however, a difference between colleges playing soft schedules and doing the same in high school. Colleges play for bowl games and ranking are EVERYTHING.

It doesn't matter if Ohio State played 3 top ten teams in the preseason and lost all of them but played well. They will be ranked about 25th at best and out of any of the top bowls, no matter how they did in conference.

In high school, rankings mean NOTHING. West Brook started its first year in existence by going 0-5. They then started district play and won the 5A state championship.

When high school teams play a tough schedule, it is to get them ready for what they will have to do to make it to the playoffs and have a good run. Going 3-0 in high school preseason means absolutely nothing except a topic of discussion between fans.

The bottom line, colleges play preseason games for rankings and high schools play preseason games for experience.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124