who will make playoffs in 4a

Guest happyhour4

Guest Ranger83

1. Crosby- New coach, one D-1 committment and couple of d-1 recruits. Ready to build off of last years success.

2. KP- Great staff, all returning players. Going to put a great fight for that number one spot.

3. BH- Decent pitching coming back, offense is questionable

4. GCM- Prove me wrong on this one Rupp.

What pitchers are returning for the Hill.  M. Bounds, who was out w/ an injury all year. Burditt ( Galveston), Peterson, Rocha, Carmona, Baker all have graduated.  

My bad, forgot Daniel Mitchell.

Who do think will be # 3 and #4 in the rotation ?

Barbers Hill rotation,  #3 Asbury...#4  Long or Leggett

How many Varsity innings did this group throw last Spring?

Bounds  0

Mitchell 10 maybe

Long  0

Asbury  0

Leggett  5 or less

Oh and Thompson got some varsity innings in this past spring.  6 i think

BUT...ALL of the boy have been playing select all summer and fall so i am sure they will be ready to take on GCM! ;D....And contend for a play off spot. ;)

Well as soon as we get the ankle bracelets off, we're gonna be playin' us some summer and fall ball too. That way, we'll be ready!

The ss, Caleb Mangum committed to Rice this summer, and I believe their ace, Gabryski??, is getting quite a few looks.

Kpark is definetly a talented team whom i did say has the potential to take #1; i just lean towards Crosby since my nephew plays summer ball with a few of their kids.

Caleb Mangum was at Galveston last week and sign with them from what I been told. His summer team coach Hondo is now one of the coaches at Galveston.

Mangum from Crosby did not sign with Rice. He wasn't even being recruited by Rice. I think KP takes district and Crosby comes in 2nd. KP returns everyone and Crosby only lost a couple. BH and King will battle for 3rd and 4th, no GCM, not yet anyway.

Guest rambleonus

Don't count out Galena Park either.  It looks like its going to be another fun race again this year.  At one time I think there where 4 teams tied for second last year.

Mangum from Crosby did not sign with Rice. He wasn't even being recruited by Rice. I think KP takes district and Crosby comes in 2nd. KP returns everyone and Crosby only lost a couple. BH and King will battle for 3rd and 4th, no GCM, not yet anyway.

So sitting in Wayne Graham's office and verbally committing to Rice is no longer sufficient?

He was going to be redshirted, so he is being referred to Galveston,Rice's number one juco feed, for one year. But yes i can see KP taking the district w/ ease now that i step back and reason.

Guest Ranger83

So sitting in Wayne Graham's office and verbally committing to Rice is no longer sufficient?

He was going to be redshirted, so he is being referred to Galveston,Rice's number one juco feed, for one year. But yes i can see KP taking the district w/ ease now that i step back and reason.

So Coach Graham comes from San Jac, but gets his Rice University players from Galveston?

No. Name  Pos. B/T Ht/Wt Cl./Exp. Hometown/          Last College/High School

34 Boogie Anagnostou p L/R 5-11/200 JR/Tr.            LaPorte/Alvin College/LaPorte H.S.

30 Andrew Benak p R/R 6-5/215 SO/1L                      Houston//Langham Creek

14 J.T. Chargois p/if S/R 6-2/180 FR/HS                    Sulphur, La.//Sulphur H.S.

13 Tony Cingrani p L/L 6-4/200 JR/Tr.                      New Lenox, Ill./South Suburban College/Lincoln-Way Central

2 Jimmy Comerota if R/R 6-1/185 SR/3L                    Missouri City//Hightower

33 Trey Crain if/of R/R 6-2/195 JR/Tr.                      Corpus Christi/Weatherford/Ray

42 Tyler Duffey p R/R 6-3/210 FR/HS                        Houston//Bellaire H.S.

12 Matt Evers p L/L 6-3/220 JR/2L                          Houston//Stratford

40 Jeremy Fant p R/R 6-1/195 FR/HS                      Cypress//Cypress Woods H.S.

9 Anthony Fazio p R/R 6-1/195 RS FR/HS                  Beaumont//Kelly

15 Michael Fuda if/of R/R 6-0/190 RS SO/1L              Katy//Katy H.S.

24 Abel Gonzales p/if L/L 6-1/195 JR/2L                    Houston//St. Thomas

1 Daniel Gonzales-Luna if/of R/R 5-9/175 SO/1L          Houston//Lamar

36 Will Gray p R/R 6-4/215 FR/HS                            Houston//Kinkaid

11 Rick Hague if R/R 6-2/190 JR/2L                        Spring//Klein Collins

31 Kevin Hahn p L/L 6-0/200 FR/HS                        Houston//Stratford

35 Zack Harwood p R/R 6-2/188 JR/2L                  Groves//Port Neches-Groves

27 Mark Haynes p R/R 6-2/198 SR/2L                      Sugar Land//Austin

16 Ryan Lewis of L/L 6-3/210 SO/1L                    Baton Rouge, La.//Catholic

10 Craig Manuel c L/R 6-2/210 SO/1L                  Satellite Beach, Fla.//Satellite

19 Will Maxwell of L/R 6-2/195 FR/HS                  Marietta, Ga.//The Walker School

25 Chase McDowell p/of L/R 6-2/185 FR/HS          College Station//A&M Consolidated H.S.

39 Holt McNair p L/L 6-1/170 FR/HS                      Austin//Westlake

4 Chad Mozingo of L/L 5-11/190 JR/2L                  Spring//Klein

18 Nick Natale of R/R 6-2/180 RS SO/Sq.              Livingston, New Jersey//Seton Hall Prep

17 Mike Ojala p R/R 6-3/195 SR/3L                      Kingwood//Kingwood H.S.

28 Geoff Perrott c R/R 6-2/185 FR/HS                  Kingwood//Kingwood H.S.

3 Jeremy Rathjen of R/R 6-5/190 SO/1L              Houston//Memorial

8 Michael Ratterree if/of R/R 6-1/195 FR/HS        Houston//Memorial H.S.

29 Matthew Reckling p R/R 6-4/205 SO/1L            Houston//Kinkaid

23 Anthony Rendon if R/R 5-11/180 SO/1L            Houston//Lamar

32 Jared Rogers p R/R 6-6/190 SR/1L                  Duncanville/Navarro/Duncanville H.S.

5 Diego Seastrunk c/if S/R 5-10/180 SR/3L          Channelview//Channelview H.S.

38 Doug Simmons of/p L/L 6-1/205 JR/2L            Kingwood//Kingwood H.S.

7 Tyler Spurlin p/of R/R 6-3/185 FR/HS              The Woodlands//The Woodlands H.S.

21 Steven Sultzbaugh of R/R 6-3/210 SR/1L          Austin/Weatherford/Westwood

26 Taylor Wall p L/L 6-2/180 SO/1L                    Houston//Westside

44 Luke Willson if L/R 6-6/220 SO/Sq.              LaSalle, Ontario, Canada//St. Thomas of Villanova

43 Travis Wright p R/R 6-6/195 JR/1L              Paris//Paris H.S.

I see your point. This roster is loaded with White Caps!

First, Mangum is a great ballplayer. I could see him being able to play at Rice w/ his talent.

Second, Galveston is Rice's #1 JUCO feed........now that's quite a stretch.  ???

1. Crosby- New coach, one D-1 committment and couple of d-1 recruits. Ready to build off of last years success.

2. KP- Great staff, all returning players. Going to put a great fight for that number one spot.

Crosby barely made the playoff's last year, I say they do about the same this year. Saw Sam Malchur(don't know if I spelled that right) play last weekend he did good.

Crosby barely made the playoff's last year, I say they do about the same this year. Saw Sam Malchur(don't know if I spelled that right) play last weekend he did good.

Is he at Wharton ?

We (Angelina) play @ Wharton tomorrow.

Is he at Wharton ?

We (Angelina) play @ Wharton tomorrow.

He is at Wharton. Did you get to play this weekend. If so how did it go.

• 3 months later...
[quote name="PhatMack19" post="648285" timestamp="1253234602"]
1. [b]Nederland[/b]- The Dogs had a great run last year with a lot of underclassmen stepping up.  Only lost 3 starters off of last years Regional Finalist team.  Bellow and crew should win the District

2. [b]PN-G[/b]-  They have a good core coming back with Benoit, Sweetenham, Reyenga, Jalali and some younger guys that are ready to  step up.  The Indians have some good young talent and Stone will have them ready.

3. [b]Vidor[/b]-  If Hester can stay healthy this year, Vidor should be in the running.  They will be young, but have some pretty talented kids coming up.

4. [b]LC-M[/b]-  Shane Wadell and ?????????.  This team lost almost everyone from last year.  Lots of new faces will have to step up for the Bears to make the playoffs.  Hard to ever count out one of Griff's team, they should get in.

5. [b]Lumberton[/b]-  They have some good players coming back.  They may have a shot to sneak up on some people.
[/quote]

I believe someone better count in Ozen in somewhere on that list.  Dont come in with your eyes closed.

[quote name="renae70" post="740295" timestamp="1262920245"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=59459.msg648285#msg648285 date=1253234602]
1. [b]Nederland[/b]- The Dogs had a great run last year with a lot of underclassmen stepping up.  Only lost 3 starters off of last years Regional Finalist team.  Bellow and crew should win the District

2. [b]PN-G[/b]-  They have a good core coming back with Benoit, Sweetenham, Reyenga, Jalali and some younger guys that are ready to  step up.  The Indians have some good young talent and Stone will have them ready.

3. [b]Vidor[/b]-  If Hester can stay healthy this year, Vidor should be in the running.  They will be young, but have some pretty talented kids coming up.

4. [b]LC-M[/b]-  Shane Wadell and ?????????.  This team lost almost everyone from last year.  Lots of new faces will have to step up for the Bears to make the playoffs.  Hard to ever count out one of Griff's team, they should get in.

5. [b]Lumberton[/b]-  They have some good players coming back.  They may have a shot to sneak up on some people.
[/quote]

I believe someone better count in Ozen in somewhere on that list.  Dont come in with your eyes closed.
[/quote]

Nobody has their eyes closed.  Ozen has to prove it on the field.  They couldn't make the playoffs when Lott and Gardiner were there, I don't think they are better now.  Unless several new players have moved in I don't see them making the playoffs this year.  I applaud you being a true fan and supporting them though.

[quote name="sitsinstands" post="742016" timestamp="1263178736"]
i cant wait till you see ozen this year they are going to shut you up

[/quote]

I'll be the first to give them credit if they do make it to the playoffs.  However to come on here and claim we should expect them to make the playoffs when three of the top 4 teams, all of which beat Ozen last year, return most of their starters is just not very realistic.  That would be like any team in 20-4A saying they were better in basketball than Ozen before they have actually went out and proved it on the court....it's easy to say how good you are but it doesn't mean anything until the team proves it.  Ozen should be better but so should those other young teams that did so well last year. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="742701" timestamp="1263320751"]
[quote author=CircleChange link=topic=59459.msg658894#msg658894 date=1254221176]
I thought everyone made it in in 4A  ;D
[/quote]

I'll take Brenham (4A), over just about anybody... Including 5A schools.  We prove this year in and year out.  14 State Appearances and 6 State Championships
[/quote]

Cant wait until Nederland gets to play Brenham again. We will see what happens on the field this year.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="742770" timestamp="1263325796"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=59459.msg742701#msg742701 date=1263320751]
[quote author=CircleChange link=topic=59459.msg658894#msg658894 date=1254221176]
[/quote]

I'll take Brenham (4A), over just about anybody... Including 5A schools.  We prove this year in and year out.  14 State Appearances and 6 State Championships
[/quote]

Cant wait until Nederland gets to play Brenham again. We will see what happens on the field this year.
[/quote]

Amen.  Both teams return lots of talent and are favorites in the region, every year.  LCM, I believe is playing in the Brenham tournament this year,  are their any other teams from yalls area that will be there?  I like to get a preview of what we will see in the playoffs.  Keep an eye on Brenham SS, Drake Roberts.  This kid is only a junior but has been committed to Arkansas since his freshman year.  He has had offers to just about anywhere he wants to go.  Prolly the third best player I've watched at the high school level, behind only Slade Heathcott (Texas High 08'-09', also the first round pick of the Yankees) and Jon Peters (Brenham pitcher in the late 80's and also first high school athlelete to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated.)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="742837" timestamp="1263335371"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=59459.msg742770#msg742770 date=1263325796]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Amen.  Both teams return lots of talent and are favorites in the region, every year.  LCM, I believe is playing in the Brenham tournament this year,  are their any other teams from yalls area that will be there?  I like to get a preview of what we will see in the playoffs.  Keep an eye on Brenham SS, Drake Roberts.  This kid is only a junior but has been committed to Arkansas since his freshman year.  He has had offers to just about anywhere he wants to go.  Prolly the third best player I've watched at the high school level, behind only Slade Heathcott (Texas High 08'-09', also the first round pick of the Yankees) and Jon Peters (Brenham pitcher in the late 80's and also first high school athlelete to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated.)
[/quote]

BrenhamFan, how is your district shaking out this year? Will it be a cakewalk or will you have some competition?

Our district will be competitive with DIV 1 players from UT and Lamar throwing every Tuesday and Friday.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="742841" timestamp="1263336040"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=59459.msg742837#msg742837 date=1263335371]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BrenhamFan, how is your district shaking out this year? Will it be a cakewalk or will you have some competition?

Our district will be competitive with DIV 1 players from UT and Lamar throwing every Tuesday and Friday.

[/quote]

Souldn't be too hard other than Montgomery, who is usually pretty good and Magnolia who upset us both games last year.  Huntsville would be the other team I would pick to make the playoffs from our district.  Should be a good year.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="742837" timestamp="1263335371"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That Drake Roberts was solid last year. Hard to believe he is only a junior. Great baseball player. That Slade Heathcott is one the best high school players i have seen. Pitch and hits at top level. Nederland and Brenham will be top ranked in the state too.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="743171" timestamp="1263393703"]

[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=59459.msg742837#msg742837 date=1263335371]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That Drake Roberts was solid last year. Hard to believe he is only a junior. Great baseball player. That Slade Heathcott is one the best high school players i have seen. Pitch and hits at top level. Nederland and Brenham will be top ranked in the state too.
[/quote]

Drake is a really good kid too.  I know him, because he dated my sister last year and he was always around.  Great player, polite and smart.  I remember him going 1-4 with a double and a RBI last year but he didn't want to go home because he had also struck out twice and he had been receiving text from his dad, saying, "you're a disgrace to your team!". "if you wanna be my son, you better start playing like it, and quit this strike out b.s.".  It's got to be hard knowing that, if you dont have a superstar-like game, every game, with atleast 2 or 3 rbi's, that your dad won't want you around.  It's sad to see such a great kid have so much on his shoulders.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124