Lumberton's Kicking issues

raid07

Am I the only one who thinks we have a kicking problem? If we dont get this thing fixed it will cost us a game in district. We are making PATs about 50% of the time. IM not exagerrating there. Hard to believe that we cant find a consistent PAT kicker somewhere. Geez, we have the best soccer team in the district. If we cant fix it maybe we should go for 2 everytime.

He seems like hes getting alittle more consistent and I think that during the predistrict sch they were gonna keep letting him kick to work out his issues because eventually Lumberton will need him. Lumberton has 3 coaches Hopson, Mckeller and Luttrull who all know what they are talking about. He just needs alittle more confidence because the kid works really hard and has a good leg. heck as a freshman and a sophmore the guy did a really good job. Kinda weird that hes struggling.

Guest Ranger83

He seems like hes getting alittle more consistent and I think that during the predistrict sch they were gonna keep letting him kick to work out his issues because eventually Lumberton will need him. Lumberton has 3 coaches Hopson, Mckeller and Luttrull who all know what they are talking about. He just needs alittle more confidence because the kid works really hard and has a good leg. heck as a freshman and a sophmore the guy did a really good job. Kinda weird that hes struggling.

Then you have to look at the other variables involved. Is there a new holder or snapper? PAT's are all about timing. If any of those variables are off, you'll have problems. And if the kicker is not confident in his holder, you have a whole seperate issue there.

Could be mental issues that he is struggling with now. There are a bunch of things that can mess with a kickers head and if he lets just even the slightest thought get to him then he can struggle greatly. Best thing to do is try and think positive and not over think things. Over thinking can lead to bad things for any kicker and potentialy make him worse than he previously was.

he is better than 50%. im not a kicker, so i dont know how to fix a kickers problem, but hes on a TEAM

that has several things to work on. this is for sure, these raiders will only(should) get better. our kicker

seams to be better than most, not the best, but not a setx post topic, geeeeeeeeezzzzzz ???

Guest currahee

how some of these threads get started on here is beyond me! there is nothing anyone can say on here that is going to remedy anything. talk about it at work, at home, anywhere but here!

Guest airitout123

If kicking issues are the only thing on your mind........think of this.......3 wins 0 losses. 

3 and 0 is good.  However, the 3 teams you have beat are 2 and 7.  Of those 2 wins, one was BH against a JV and Silsbee's win was against an 0 and 3 Houston Davis team.

I am curious to see how Lumberton will finish in the district race.

After reading this I saw no where mentioned how Lumbertons kicker is missing. Are his kicks being blocked, missed right, left or not far enough. There are great coaches at Lumberton that can and will fix the mechanics. If a kicker is slightly off in his steps or approach or hips are not turning at the right moment then the ball will not go where it's supposed to. It is really very simple, but complicated to to carry out. I watched Lumbertons kicker when he kicked with my son. He will be just fine.

If the kicker from Lumbertons reads this he needs to remember exactly what he was tought this summer. That will take care of any mechanics that are slightly off. Go back to your no step drill.

how some of these threads get started on here is beyond me! there is nothing anyone can say on here that is going to remedy anything. talk about it at work, at home, anywhere but here!

If getting a remedy for anything is the purpose of a thread, we might as well pull down the entire website. I don't know that this very popular site has solved anything. It's all about posting thoughts not finding remedies.

Back to the topic that isn't solving anything...... hopefully he will get it together and start putting 'em between the uprights.

Guest currahee

If getting a remedy for anything is the purpose of a thread, we might as well pull down the entire website. I don't know that this very popular site has solved anything. It's all about posting thoughts not finding remedies.

Back to the topic that isn't solving anything...... hopefully he will get it together and start putting 'em between the uprights.

you find it very popular to single players out? good for you!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor