Odessa Permian Fan on PNG Website

pngrick

Yes, Coach Faircloth has brought a breath of fresh air to the Reservation.  Now having said that, if I were a 20 4A coach, I'd check out Permian's first, 6th, and both playoff losses to Euless Trinity to see all those fancy 'wrinkles' the Permian fan speaks of.....

SFA, I read elsewhere there was a running back that transfered recently from PA to PNG. You know anything about it?

No Mr Fan.  Haven't heard....

Yes, Coach Faircloth has brought a breath of fresh air to the Reservation.  Now having said that, if I were a 20 4A coach, I'd check out Permian's first, 6th, and both playoff losses to Euless Trinity to see all those fancy 'wrinkles' the Permian fan speaks of.....

SFA, I read elsewhere there was a running back that transfered recently from PA to PNG. You know anything about it?

No Mr Fan.  Haven't heard....

I had heard the same thing. The person told me he was a soph.  I never heard if anything was confirmed or if it was in fact a rumor.

Envy is the name of the game here for some of these. They have been nothing but wrong so far, as we are heading into district 3-0. Enjoy being wrong for the rest of the year.

I don't really think its envy as much as it is uncertainty. I am still not convinced PNG is as good as some think they are. I mean theyve played three pretty weak opponents thus far and squeaked by two of them. Texas City is not the powerhouse they once were. District is going to be a rude awakening I feel. Good luck to the ndns, but dont let that head swell too much...  

Envy is the name of the game here for some of these. They have been nothing but wrong so far, as we are heading into district 3-0. Enjoy being wrong for the rest of the year.

I don't really think its envy as much as it is uncertainty. I am still not convinced PNG is as good as some think they are. I mean theyve played three pretty weak opponents thus far and squeaked by two of them. Texas City is not the powerhouse they once were. District is going to be a rude awakening I feel. Good luck to the ndns, but dont let that head swell too much... 

My point exactly.  I, for one, would rather just quietly take care of our own business and not rant about being 3-0, or whatever.  I'm excited about the direction of our program, but have no huge expectations for this season.  As long as we compete, and play our best, then that's all one could ask of a 1st yr. coach/program.  Anything above that is just lagniappe'. 

My point exactly.  I, for one, would rather just quietly take care of our own business and not rant about being 3-0, or whatever.  I'm excited about the direction of our program, but have no huge expectations for this season.  As long as we compete, and play our best, then that's all one could ask of a 1st yr. coach/program.  Anything above that is just lagniappe'.   

Everything considered, the Indian community, is at least psycologically leaps and bounds over where they were last year at this point, IMO.  If I remember correctly last year at this time everything was a big NEGATIVE.  That has turned around 180 degrees.  With that being said, district is where PNG is going to have to prove themselves.  With everything in place as it currently is, I foresee an exceptional year for the IndianNation as a whole.

HOLD YOUR EARS FOLKS....WHILE I TOOT MY OWN HORN SOME MORE!!!!!

Man, this stinks.

Proud, I feel where you are coming from on this...better to let things be and quietly go about taking care of your business...way too premature to be hanging championship banners.

Anytime a regime change takes place, most fan bases can expect at least a 2 year transitional period for the coaching staff to get everyone pulling on the same rope.

With that being said, it's hard not to be optimistic about the progress the Tribe has made under Coach Faircloth. However, these early winning ways may garner some unrealistic expectations among the unreasonable PNG fans. Such expectations could cause disappointment and negativity from said party around a program that has too much of that during recent history.

I think a lot of people have gotten off point from the original topic of this post. It was simply an encouraging remark made from an Odessa Permian fan for the PN-G fans.This O.P. fan was saying to PN-G fans that he thought we had a great coachand that the coach would help PN-G to turn things around. This fan was extending his hopes for PN-G to have a great season. This fan was being a polite and encouraging individual, and I think more of us should be that way.

I think a lot of people have gotten off point from the original topic of this post. It was simply an encouraging remark made from an Odessa Permian fan for the PN-G fans.This O.P. fan was saying to PN-G fans that he thought we had a great coachand that the coach would help PN-G to turn things around. This fan was extending his hopes for PN-G to have a great season. This fan was being a polite and encouraging individual, and I think more of us should be that way.

I try 79....I try..

I think I've been fairly supportive on here with my comments. ANd with the exception of THE ONE GAME each year, I pretty much root for the Indians to win.

Guest Brubaker

Don't take this wrong, but it would've and probably was better received on your PNG board.  Don't poop in the punch bowl and complain about the taste.

Winning breeds success. I hope P.N.G. has a great year. But when district starts the wheels will come off. Barbers Hill, Crosby and Texas city are not Nederland, Lumberton, Central or Vidor. Lets see how much everyone loves the coaching staff mid-way through district. Who will be the first one to complain then.

wow bassman.. wow.. that has to be one of the most ignorant posts i have ever seen. I agree that we should of kept the comments from the odessa fan on our board, but to think our wheels are going to come off when district gets here.. hahaha thats funny. I guess we will wait and see who will really be complaining when district is over with.

We are not worried about the "wheels coming off",and we are well aware of the teams in this district. I think you left some out--Ozen,LCM,and Livingston--maybe they don't mean anything to you, but I bet they mean a great deal to their fans. We won't take anyone lightly and our emphasis will be on all of the teams, not just 4.

wow bassman.. wow.. that has to be one of the most ignorant posts i have ever seen. I agree that we should of kept the comments from the odessa fan on our board, but to think our wheels are going to come off when district gets here.. hahaha thats funny. I guess we will wait and see who will really be complaining when district is over with.

So because you disagree its ignorant?

Good point NDN79:The quite ones who don't say much will have something to prove in the coming days.Livingston has only 1 loss to a top ten ranked Bellville 3A team by a couple of scores.The Brahmas have moved up a few notches so consider all teams a worthy opponent.Lions have been in the playoffs the last 2 years and caught Dayton early.I'm not a Lion fan or a supporter but their program is on a upswing from the old days.