*Lumberton vs. BH Updates/RAIDERS WIN!

KFDM COOP

BH34 why don't you stay focused on this years group and stop comparing this team to last year because the way I see it things aren't much different 0-2!

I guess you ,SnooopDog, either can not read or can't comprehend what it was that BH34 was trying to say. He was giving you guys credit and naming our mistakes. And obviously you don't have a kid that played last night because when I asked my son did the boys talk a lot of a smack. His exact answer was no not at all, they were telling them good catch, good hit. That's called good sportsmanship. I doubt you know anything about that.

Snoop never has anything positive to say on this board. Go read all of his posts.

Tough loss for the Eagles. Keep working hard.

Congrats to Lumberton.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lumberton 35, Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill 29 - Final

Lumberton Overall: 2-0  District: 0-0

Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill Overall: 0-2  District: 0-0

Boxscore

Friday September 4, 2009 7:00pm

1 2 3 4 Total

Lumberton 3 14 12 6 35

Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill 3 14 6 6 29

Scoring summary

LUM -- Cody Guiterrez 21-yard field goal, 06:42, 1st.

BHL -- Chris Frazier 33-yard field goal, 02:07, 1st.

LUM -- Ryan Asher 1-yard run (Cody Guiterrez kick), 09:35, 2nd.

BHL -- Matthew Viverette 15-yard pass from Caleb Stork (Chris Frazier kick), 06:13, 2nd.

LUM -- Ryan Asher 5-yard run (Cody Guiterrez kick), 01:40, 2nd.

BHL -- Matthew Viverette 2-yard run (Chris Frazier kick), 00:28, 2nd.

LUM -- Ryan Asher 3-yard run (kick failed), 08:29, 3rd.

LUM -- Ryan Asher 1-yard run (kick failed), 05:28, 3rd.

BHL -- Caleb Stork 35-yard pass from Matthew Viverette (pass failed), 01:54, 3rd.

LUM -- Mark Purks 15-yard run (run failed), 04:20, 4th.

BHL -- Caleb Stork 10-yard pass from Matthew Viverette (kick failed), 02:57, 4th.

Team Stats

Lumberton Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill

Total yards 331 355

First downs 20 20

Rushes/Yds 41/204 26/74

Average rush 4.98 2.85

Comp/Atts 8/19/0 23/33/2

Pass yards 127 281

Comp pct 42.11 69.7

Punts 3 3

Punting Yards 105 114

Punting Average 35 38

Fumbles/Lost 0/0 2/0

Penalties-yards 5-45 9-83

Lumberton

Passing

Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Ryan Hughes 8 19 42.11 127 0 0

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Ryan Hughes 18 122 6.8 0 1

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Kyler Keith 2 63 31.5 0 0

Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill

Passing

Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Matthew Viverette 23 33 69.7 281 3 2

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Matthew Viverette 17 17 1 0 1

Kade Bradford 6 9 1.5 0 0

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Caleb Stork 7 120 17.1 0 3

Wade Duke 9 89 9.9 0 0

BH34 why don't you stay focused on this years group and stop comparing this team to last year because the way I see it things aren't much different 0-2!

I guess you ,SnooopDog, either can not read or can't comprehend what it was that BH34 was trying to say. He was giving you guys credit and naming our mistakes. And obviously you don't have a kid that played last night because when I asked my son did the boys talk a lot of a smack. His exact answer was no not at all, they were telling them good catch, good hit. That's called good sportsmanship. I doubt you know anything about that.

Thanks, for backing me up ImJusSayn.  Snoop, I am focused on this years team!!  The reason I've referred to last years team(only twice I might add) is because, me, and many others, really didn't expect much this year, all of you over there included, and all because of what we witnessed from last years team.  The team overall (not every player) had no leadership and no heart, after loosing a game it seemed they hardly cared.  This years team is not like that, at all, and I want them to know they aren't that team.  All we heard before the season is how PNG & Lumberton were going to stomp us, and why, because of the performance of our last years team.  So guess what?  This ain't last years team, no matter what our record says.

I'm so pumped right now about this team

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Any word on Beard?  I heard his name wasnt mentioned much and was just curious if he is 100% healthy?  I wasnt at the game and did not get to listen, so was just wondering how he looked?

His knee is fine. No issues at all since surgery. He did tweak his ankle though in first quarter against Hamshire Fannett. High ankle...He did ok against BH. Had 8 tackles, 2 Tackles for loss and 1 defended pass. Not bad for playing in pain with limited mobility. He'll be fine. He'll have bye week coming up to get ready for district.

Any word on Beard?  I heard his name wasnt mentioned much and was just curious if he is 100% healthy?  I wasnt at the game and did not get to listen, so was just wondering how he looked?

His knee is fine. No issues at all since surgery. He did tweak his ankle though in first quarter against Hamshire Fannett. High ankle...He did ok against BH. Had 8 tackles, 2 Tackles for loss and 1 defended pass. Not bad for playing in pain with limited mobility. He'll be fine. He'll have bye week coming up to get ready for district.

Thats good to hear.  Havent made it to a game yet this season, but cant wait to see him play again. 

Guest Ranger83

The one bad call hurt, but Lumberton played error-free football...we didnt.  Very very good game by two quality teams IMO.  Very impressed with Lumberton overall:  good offensive line, QB and their secondary played very well, but gave up a couple of big plays.  BH didn't not tackle well on several opportunities having the qb/rb locked up in the backfield and let them go.  I still feel good about BH being a good football team.  Lots of soph's contributing for the Eagles too, so future is still bright.  Right now I think its Dayton, the BH for the top two spots in 19-4a!

You must be kidding me! BH will not finish #2 in 19-4A. I was there on friday and BH could not defend the Sisters of Charity. Take off the "Mecca" shades and be for real. You guys will struggle to finish #4 at best.

The one bad call hurt, but Lumberton played error-free football...we didnt.  Very very good game by two quality teams IMO.  Very impressed with Lumberton overall:  good offensive line, QB and their secondary played very well, but gave up a couple of big plays.  BH didn't not tackle well on several opportunities having the qb/rb locked up in the backfield and let them go.  I still feel good about BH being a good football team.  Lots of soph's contributing for the Eagles too, so future is still bright.  Right now I think its Dayton, the BH for the top two spots in 19-4a!

You must be kidding me! BH will not finish #2 in 19-4A. I was there on friday and BH could not defend the Sisters of Charity. Take off the "Mecca" shades and be for real. You guys will struggle to finish #4 at best.

Not sure what a "Mecca" shade is but....we'll see!

19-4A will finish like this.

1.  Dayton

2.  CE King

3.  Crosby

4.  Toss up between the other sisters

I don't know much about CE King this year but I think BH finishes ahead of Crosby in the 2nd or 3rd spot.

What is your order of finish for 19-4A? Before the season I would complete agree with your assesment , but things are changing ;D  Lumberton was the district co champ of their district last year, so it's not like they are GCM or nothing ;D I though Crosby would be #2 but after Ennis (I know they are a great team) put in the the cheerleaders after the half because they were tired of scoring and then PNG (BH lost by1) put a Golden Triangle Arse whoopin on them I can see Crosby at the four spot. CE King still looks good ,but not unbeatable! BH at #2 is not a strech at this point with or without the shades. Top four as I see um.

1.) Dayton (Duh!)

2.) C.E King (Could be 3)

3.) BH (Could be 2)

4.) Crosby (Maybe)

Now that prediction i can see

What is your order of finish for 19-4A? Before the season I would complete agree with your assesment , but things are changing ;D  Lumberton was the district co champ of their district last year, so it's not like they are GCM or nothing ;D I though Crosby would be #2 but after Ennis (I know they are a great team) put in the the cheerleaders after the half because they were tired of scoring and then PNG (BH lost by1) put a Golden Triangle Arse whoopin on them I can see Crosby at the four spot. CE King still looks good ,but not unbeatable! BH at #2 is not a strech at this point with or without the shades. Top four as I see um.

1.) Dayton (Duh!)

3.) BH (Could be 2)

4.) Crosby (Maybe)

Guest Ranger83

1.) Dayton (Duh!)

3.) BH (Could be 2)

4.) Crosby (Maybe)

1. Dayton - clear favorites, not sure they are as good as last year, but it's theirs until proven otherwise.

2. CE King - strong showing so far lots of skill position talent.

3. Crosby - not as bad as they have played, Flannigan will get them in the right direction.

4. GCM- you guys play Pearland Dawson and we'll compare notes. Young secondary needs to step up or this is a moot argument.

1.) Dayton (Duh!)

3.) BH (Could be 2)

4.) Crosby (Maybe)

1. Dayton - clear favorites, not sure they are as good as last year, but it's theirs until proven otherwise.

3. Crosby - not as bad as they have played, Flannigan will get them in the right direction.

4. GCM- you guys play Pearland Dawson and we'll compare notes. Young secondary needs to step up or this is a moot argument.

Speaking of shades LOL ;D ;D ;D "Crosby not as bad as they have played" GCM going to the playoffs :o GCM beats one team that still has yet to score on anyone and they are #4.......................Goodluck with that ::)

Guest Ranger83

1.) Dayton (Duh!)

3.) BH (Could be 2)

4.) Crosby (Maybe)

Speaking of shades LOL ;D ;D ;D "Crosby not as bad as they have played" GCM going to the playoffs :o GCM beats one team that still has yet to score on anyone and they are #4.......................Goodluck with that ::)

The highlights I saw of Dayton included a ton of Mr. Franks. That was a big blow to the Cougars! Hard to replace a playmaker like that. I still think they will get better.

Everyone has to start somewhere! 1-1 is MUCH better that 0-2. ;D Woulda, coulda, shoulda!

Happy Homecoming! Hope you can enjoy the dance when it's all said and done.

Whens it all said and done BH will be in the playoffs this year, and GCM, that remains to be seen...They are improved, but we'll see if they make it.. Guess we'll all know in 8 weeks or so...BH has played 2 good teams, but yeah their 0-2..I agree I think they should at least give some new kids a look at corner, nothing against the kids there,but this would be a good week to try it..and BH had "alot" of missed tackles.. Fundemental football..."WRAP-UP".....

1.) Dayton (Duh!)

3.) BH (Could be 2)

4.) Crosby (Maybe)

BHFan, I agree with your assessment.  How is North Forest this year?  We had more trouble with them last year, than King.  I believe once we get a couple of wins, we will be a pretty tough team.  I think we are playing a little tight right now.

1.) Dayton (Duh!)

3.) BH (Could be 2)

4.) Crosby (Maybe)

BHFan, I agree with your assessment.  How is North Forest this year?  We had more trouble with them last year, than King.  I believe once we get a couple of wins, we will be a pretty tough team.  I think we are playing a little tight right now.

Actually, and I don't know anything about C.E.King, I see BH as taking at least the number two spot AND if anyone can actually take it to Dayton, this may be the team. They may be 0 for everything going in to district, but I don't see more than 2 losses tops in district. Good Luck and I'm warning you now Dayton, watch out for these Eagles.

1.) Dayton (Duh!)

3.) BH (Could be 2)

4.) Crosby (Maybe)

Actually, and I don't know anything about C.E.King, I see BH as taking at least the number two spot AND if anyone can actually take it to Dayton, this may be the team. They may be 0 for everything going in to district, but I don't see more than 2 losses tops in district. Good Luck and I'm warning you now Dayton, watch out for these Eagles.

I think they (BH) could probably hang with Dayton this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83