Best 23-2A team

which team is the best 23-2A team this year?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. which team is the best 23-2A team this year?

• Hardin
    • Anahuac
    • Deweyville
    • Warren
    • Kountze
    • East Chambers
    • Buna

I can't see Hardin losing to shepherd and beating EC or A1

Idk bout Anahuac, but we (Shepherd) scrimmaged EC and they couldn't even score on us until we put the 2nd string in which is made up of a ton of sophomores. And Shepherd has bettered them by leaps and bounds since we scrimmaged EC. I know both teams we're rusty and probably didn't play up to their potentials, but I'm just throwing that out there. 8) So before you go off on Hardin for losing, just remember that EC played us to and didn't exactly dominate either! Hardin just needs work on the defense and The O-Line, the skill players we're extremely good!  ;)

Our 2nd string rb had 2 tds on you'll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Hardin losing to shepherd and beating EC or A1

Idk bout Anahuac, but we (Shepherd) scrimmaged EC and they couldn't even score on us until we put the 2nd string in which is made up of a ton of sophomores. And Shepherd has bettered them by leaps and bounds since we scrimmaged EC. I know both teams we're rusty and probably didn't play up to their potentials, but I'm just throwing that out there. 8) So before you go off on Hardin for losing, just remember that EC played us to and didn't exactly dominate either! Hardin just needs work on the defense and The O-Line, the skill players we're extremely good!  ;)

Our 2nd string rb had 2 tds on you'll.

against our 2nd team D also, many of which we're either really, really young, or kids who have size and potential who have never played before who are trying to learn the game. Our first string scored 3 Td's? on yall i know we could of scored 3 if we hadn't, but anyway against hardin we never took our first string out, which EC didn't manage to score against. I'm not tryin to blow Shepherd up as this great team, because we're not, we're FAR from it! i was just trying to compare the two teams hardin and EC by using the games we played against them. You'd be far past stupid to overlook Hardin.

Plus, I hate excuses, but I got some and it's killing me not to throw them out there....

What is the score if:

1. Villemez plays the second half?

2. We catch a deep pass that hits our kid in the bread basket all alone in the end zone?

3. We get the kickoff return for a touchdown by Villemez that the ref's said he stepped out of bounds which he wasn't even close?

4. We don't touch the ball on the punt return that gave them the ball on like the 5?

5. We actually tackle their #9...lol

We made a ton of mistakes that if it happens again we will lose again.

1.Villemez really wasn't on his game it didn't seem like against us. I'm almost positive he's longest run was 15 yards or so, and he wasn't getting anywhere on our D. Ya'lls passing game is what scored all the points.

2.  The Game was almost over by then, but yeah was a lucky break on our part.

3. In all honesty, we all knew he wasn't out, another lucky break for us!

4. also, game almost over, but yeah lucky break after lucky break for us.

5. Don't worry to much about that, Shaw is very elusive and probably one of the fastest kids in the region, Only a junior also!  8)

Let's establish this...

Anahuac, Hardin, and EC all return a large amount of starters.

All are expected to make the play-offs.

Anahuac vs. Hardin is expected to be the game of the year in the district.

With all of that being said, it will be a competitive season...Hardin fans bring it upon themselves because they have been on the board since last spring arguing how they are the best team in the district (based on their success in 7-on-7.)  Karma is a witch.  Shepherd has been a "below average" program in recent years and got the best of Hardin.  You only bring it on yourself due to all of the trash-talking that has been going on.  One thing that I know about Hardin is they never know when to keep their mouths shut and just play football. 

On a final note, Anahuac does not talk as much trash on this board (unless it deals with Kirbyville) because they are focused on the upcoming district season and not the nice, new turf that Hardin installed this summer.

YOU BRING IT ON YOURSELF!

Let's establish this...

With all of that being said, it will be a competitive season...Hardin fans bring it upon themselves because they have been on the board since last spring arguing how they are the best team in the district (based on their success in 7-on-7.)  Karma is a witch.  Shepherd has been a "below average" program in recent years and got the best of Hardin.  You only bring it on yourself due to all of the trash-talking that has been going on.  One thing that I know about Hardin is they never know when to keep their mouths shut and just play football. 

On a final note, Anahuac does not talk as much trash on this board (unless it deals with Kirbyville) because they are focused on the upcoming district season and not the nice, new turf that Hardin installed this summer.

Not all but some do which brings a lot of dislike to our program.

Let's establish this...

Bingo. I couldn't agree more. It's one thing to support your school, and pointing out the positives is part of that. However, constantly making outrageous claims (why aren't we in the top 10?), degrading the competition and acting as if every player at every position is far superior the any other district (and state sometimes) team is the problem I have with it.

You don't see Newton on here posting that cr@p. No, it's Hardin of all places.

I'll lay off but just one more time...The tradition continues!

Let's establish this...

Bingo. I couldn't agree more. It's one thing to support your school, and pointing out the positives is part of that. However, constantly making outrageous claims (why aren't we in the top 10?), degrading the competition and acting as if every player at every position is far superior the any other district (and state sometimes) team is the problem I have with it.

You don't see Newton on here posting that cr@p. No, it's Hardin of all places.

I'll lay off but just one more time...The tradition continues!

Agreed, goodluck to EC except for one particular game... ;)

After 3 games IMO:

1st (a) A-Town

1st (B) Hardin

3rd      EC

4th      Buna

5th      Kountze

6th      Deweyville

7th      Warren

Hard to pick a clear cut 1st because the Panthers played a church school this week and Hardin played a salty 3A Shepherd.  Of course all of this can & will change depending on injuries....

After 3 games IMO:

1st (a) A-Town

1st (B) Hardin

3rd      EC

4th      Buna

5th      Kountze

6th      Deweyville

7th      Warren

Hard to pick a clear cut 1st because the Panthers played a church school this week and Hardin played a salty 3A Shepherd.  Of course all of this can & will change depending on injuries....

thats a good prediction.

After 3 games IMO:

1st (a) A-Town

1st (B) Hardin

3rd      EC

4th      Buna

5th      Kountze

6th      Deweyville

7th      Warren

Curious, does anybody from Anahuac know how bad Justin Albritton's ankle injury is? Heard is was at Dr. Litner's on Saturday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami