Longview beats Allen

Longview beat Allen Friday night 28-25. Allen was the 5-A state champ in division 1 last year.They are ranked 2nd in the state this year. Longview is ranked 1st in the state in 4-A this season.Does this mean that the top 5 in 4-A are just as good as the top 5 in 5-A.Let's get some opinions on this topic.

Guest Ranger83

The only difference between a good 4A and a good 5A is depth (IMO). Most can match-up with their starting 22. Good 4A schools have size and speed, they just do not have as much as the 5A's do.

Dayton's team from last year could play with any classification in Texas.

Did you see what LT did to Westwood?.... granted they aren't Allen, but LT had like 55 pts. 670 yds of offense against them.

If it comes down to LT and Longview again, I would think LT would have the edge because it's just so much harder to stop such a balanced Offense. Who knows though?? I hear Longview is more balanced this year than last.

Longview beat Allen Friday night 28-25. Allen was the 5-A state champ in division 1 last year.They are ranked 2nd in the state this year. Longview is ranked 1st in the state in 4-A this season.Does this mean that the top 5 in 4-A are just as good as the top 5 in 5-A.Let's get some opinions on this topic.

Lobos are going to be tough and I think will go undefeated in the regular season. lobo1982 went and watched Marshall loose to Jville and ready to slit my wrist. :'( I tell you after watching some ET football again I hope that Coach Stewart will schedule some of their teams in the future. Long drive but Dayton would match up very well with any team up that way. After seeing what district 13-4a did this weekend don't know if it will be as strong as it was last year.

Lake Travis last year could have beat any team in the state, 5A or not. That Longview beat Allen just emphasises the point. LT beat us (Friendswood) and looked like they were on a Sunday stroll. Then did the same thing to Longview. And we were beating teams in the 2nd and 3rd round just as soundly.

The very top (5 to 10) 4A programs could easily compete with the best 5A teams. I think though, that the falloff in 4A is much faster, lots of 5A teams are almost at Katy and Allen's level, but only a handfull of 4A on any given year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124