*West Brook vs. Ozen/33-0 WB Wins/Comments*

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predicted this beating...i told all the other ozen faithfuls that were going to struggle for some time to come ozen needs some athletes and to answer you guys question WB is not that good ozen is just that bad Savaet needs to hire a coach thats from this area not any knock on nelson just dont think he's the guy thats going to turn things around...so last but not least ozen is in for a very long year and so is WB...i know some of you WB fans might not like it but they will be lucky to make the playoffs this year but congrats on the win

I predicted this beating...i told all the other ozen faithfuls that were going to struggle for some time to come ozen needs some athletes and to answer you guys question WB is not that good ozen is just that bad Savaet needs to hire a coach thats from this area not any knock on nelson just dont think he's the guy thats going to turn things around...so last but not least ozen is in for a very long year and so is WB...i know some of you WB fans might not like it but they will be lucky to make the playoffs this year but congrats on the win

You are right about that.  You did predict this.  I dissagree with you in that you say Ozen needs athletes.  Ozen have athletes.  they just wasn't put in positions to do damage last night...  Or the more simple solution....  Brook stopped them from doing damage.  The score board tells the tale, I guess. 

Maybe I should fess up and say that Brook is that good and Ozen is bad??

You are right about that.  You did predict this.  I dissagree with you in that you say Ozen needs athletes.  Ozen have athletes.  they just wasn't put in positions to do damage last night...  Or the more simple solution....  Brook stopped them from doing damage.  The score board tells the tale, I guess. 

It's hard to be a critic from the stands at this level....we don't accept dropped balls, penalties, or turn overs as part of the game.  Ozen did not look that bad and West Brook did not look that good, both teams will make drastic improvements in the weeks to come....their youth will get more and more comfortable as the season rolls on and the penalties, dropped balls, and turn overs will be minimized....we'll be alright 8) 8) 8)

I just got back from the game.  I was really impressed by the athletes Brook has on defense.  Very fast to the sidelines and got decent pressure on the QB all night.  Concerned about size up front, and youth all around, but they are an athletic bunch of kids.  Offense is going to need a lot of work.  Looked like 3 of the Oline were Sophs.  Soulja is right about Reyes.  He is going to need to get rid of the ball on his first read more.  Seemed like he pumped on almost every pass play.  Don't know if he is misreading defenses or he just is a little hesitant to pull the trigger. 

Overall, we are better off than I thought, but maybe a year away from being really competitive again.  Should be a good match up with the jags.

yes, we were better than I thought we would be. I was at the field house when the teams walked up at the half side by side and you could see and feel how Ozen was imtimidated by Da Brook.

It's hard to be a critic from the stands at this level....we don't accept dropped balls, penalties, or turn overs as part of the game.  Ozen did not look that bad and West Brook did not look that good, both teams will make drastic improvements in the weeks to come....their youth will get more and more comfortable as the season rolls on and the penalties, dropped balls, and turn overs will be minimized....we'll be alright 8) 8) 8)

Nah.  It's easy to be a critic.      ;D

For what it is worth, I thought both teams had their share of first ball game blues. The yellow flag came out way to much for both teams. In the end, WB out performed an Ozen team that really didn't look conditioned or ready to play.

West Brooks offense - Overall "C"  Against a better ball club, I see the Brook struggling to score points.

West Brooks Defense - Overall "B+" Outside containment was great, but secondary will need to tighen up a bit. Defense will keep the Brook in a bunch of games.

Once again, you need to wake up and smell the coffee, ozensfinest. We compete in 21-5A, which is a six team district. Four of those teams will make the playoffs. What that means is, all we have to do is win 2 district games and we're in. If we improve week after week, and get through our juggerknaut of a pre-season schedule without injury (Ike, Westfield, and Katy), we will be more than prepared to roll through district and win 3 or 4 games. We wont beat NS, but I dont see WB losing to either of the Baytown schools, Channelview or PAM. We'll see how WB does this week against those speedsters from Central.

I just got back from the game.   I was really impressed by the athletes Brook has on defense.   Very fast to the sidelines and got decent pressure on the QB all night.  Concerned about size up front, and youth all around, but they are an athletic bunch of kids.  Offense is going to need a lot of work.  Looked like 3 of the Oline were Sophs.  Soulja is right about Reyes.  He is going to need to get rid of the ball on his first read more.  Seemed like he pumped on almost every pass play.  Don't know if he is misreading defenses or he just is a little hesitant to pull the trigger. 

Overall, we are better off than I thought, but maybe a year away from being really competitive again.   Should be a good match up with the jags.

yes, we were better than I thought we would be. I was at the field house when the teams walked up at the half side by side and you could see and feel how Ozen was imtimidated by Da Brook.

Intimidated??? Really, Ozen was intimidated? Wow that is shocking considering WB is a young squad. What's the Bruins secret? :o

I just got back from the game.   I was really impressed by the athletes Brook has on defense.   Very fast to the sidelines and got decent pressure on the QB all night.  Concerned about size up front, and youth all around, but they are an athletic bunch of kids.  Offense is going to need a lot of work.  Looked like 3 of the Oline were Sophs.  Soulja is right about Reyes.  He is going to need to get rid of the ball on his first read more.  Seemed like he pumped on almost every pass play.  Don't know if he is misreading defenses or he just is a little hesitant to pull the trigger. 

Overall, we are better off than I thought, but maybe a year away from being really competitive again.   Should be a good match up with the jags.

Intimidated??? Really, Ozen was intimidated? Wow that is shocking considering WB is a young squad. What's the Bruins secret? :o

Just the name, baby...just the name....WEST BROOK

Hope everyone alright...They're(Brook) not comming...calm down...calm down...

I beleive they were.  After the Ozen reciever was hit hard on the slant rout by the WB LB, Ozen seemed intimidated.  Ozen's QB was running for his life most of the time.  WB hurt James White.  You can just tell that Ozen was never really the same after these events took place.  If you want to win ball games, you can never let the other team know that you are intimidated.  It was showing on the players all night. 

They seemed to be intimidated by the shear size of our players and by the number of players we had on the sidelines. If you look at the size of most of Ozen's players, they looked like little kids to me.

Team Stats

Beaumont West Brook          Beaumont Ozen

Total yards       384                          76

First downs        13                            9

Rushes/Yds    44/291                       22/0

Average rush    6.61                           0

Comp/Atts        8/14                        8/28

Pass yards         93                           76

Comp pct        57.14                       28.57

Punts                 2                             6

Punting Yards    70                           213

Punting Average 35                         35.5

Fumbles/Lost    1/1                         3/2

Penalties-yards 12-70                      9-75

Scoring summary

BWB -- Bruce Reyes 8-yard run (Dominick O'Neal kick), 9:38, 1st.

BWB -- Safety ( ), 7:42, 1st.

BWB -- Dominick O'Neal 16-yard field goal ( ), 6:42, 2nd.

BWB -- Bruce Reyes 21-yard run (Dominick O'Neal kick), 0:18, 3rd.

BWB -- Nick Barber 94-yard run (Dominick O'Neal kick), 7:52, 4th.

BWB -- Ben Goodman 19-yard interception return (Dominick O'Neal kick), 3:46, 4th.

Team Stats

Scoring summary

BWB -- Ben Goodman 19-yard interception return (Dominick O'Neal kick), 3:46, 4th.

Goodman didn't have that int return...it was our second string Defense that were on the field, goodman and the rest of the first D was sippin water...it was our back up MLB.

Went to game last night. I stayed to about 6:00 in the 4th. I was really disappointed, I thought the game would be more competitive. Ozen defense really had a hard time pickup West Brook the ball carriers last night. West Brook front 7 really dominate the line of scrimmage, Ozen ball carriers had no where to run ( game really got boring ). It's looks like another long embarrassing season for Ozen, I really feel for those kids. As for West Brook no real surprises offense, Reyes really did a good job at Q.B.. West Brook defense, I was impressed with the defensive line size and athletic ability.

Team Stats

Scoring summary

Goodman didn't have that int return...it was our second string Defense that were on the field, goodman and the rest of the first D was sippin water...it was our back up MLB.

Yeah that was Robert Wilkerson who ran that back.

It's obvious to me Jeff should've ran something different besides the same thing they run @WB.  I bet it was like WB's starting D practicing against the scout team.  Tendencies all the same.  Of course White going down didn't help.  Yes Ozen has size on the Oline but I haven't seen an Ozen team yet that can block running the spread O with any consistancy.  I'm going back to A. Lou and Brooks.  Either break downs on the snap or they had slow feet to block rushers off the edge....

Man, listening to NS/Katy was like listening to a heavy weight fight.  NS tried spreading Katy out but for the most part, both teams ran right @each other.  The game came down to 1 too many fumbles and a kicking game mistake on the part of NS.  I wish more coaches would realize old fashion football works and go back to more smash mouth and stop trying to be cute.  Especially when you have size on the Oline....

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

It's obvious to me Jeff should've ran something different besides the same thing they run @WB.  I bet it was like WB's starting D practicing against the scout team.  Tendencies all the same.  Of course White going down didn't help.  Yes Ozen has size on the Oline but I haven't seen an Ozen team yet that can block running the spread O with any consistancy.  I'm going back to A. Lou and Brooks.  Either break downs on the snap or they had slow feet to block rushers off the edge....

Man, listening to NS/Katy was like listening to a heavy weight fight.  NS tried spreading Katy out but for the most part, both teams ran right @each other.  The game came down to 1 too many fumbles and a kicking game mistake on the part of NS.  I wish more coaches would realize old fashion football works and go back to more smash mouth and stop trying to be cute.  Especially when you have size on the Oline....

I agree with you...The Spread is Sissy Ball. Go Pro Style

well there is good news and bad news from sat. nights game. The good news is West Brook is young and hopefully coachable and can learn from some of the mistakes , misques, and game experiences.  Ozen can look at the game , take some constructive criticism and grow the remainder of the yr. looking to the future of the program. The bad news is for West Brook the opponets get bigger, stronger , and faster.  The offense is going to have to be more versatile , the defense meaner. For Ozen, they may have to take some lumps and endure some growing pains , and it might sting.  Good luck to both programs the rest of  the way . 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi