*West Brook vs. Ozen/33-0 WB Wins/Comments*

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just got home from the game...I left at the end of the third. West Brook looked, lethargic, at best. However, we were able to move the ball pretty well, but shot ourselves in the foot on a number of occasions with penalties that negated at least one more TD. I'm not going to brag too much on my Bruins because, this is Ozen, and Ozen looked horrific. Tonight, the Panthers would have made West Hardin look good. I expect a great game next week against Soulja's Jags. The team with the fewest mistakes, IMO, will win that game. The Bruins played sloppy tonight, but will begin the season 1-0. Lots of work to be done in the next few weeks in order to have a successful 2009 season. However, I was very impressed with QB Bruce Reyes tonight. He showed great poise in the pocket, and made some great runs to keep some drives alive. It's gonna be fun to watch him this season....kinda reminded me of James Brown, and also wears #5.

Sissy Ball? Oh, I get it, that must be your name for the spread offense. Its allright SFA85, everybody here knows you're a WB hater. Make all the excuses you want, but Ozen looked really bad tonight. Lots of penalties first game jitters really got to them. They will be OK, but Nelson has alot of work to do with them before they are contenders.

Sissy Ball? Oh, I get it, that must be your name for the spread offense. Its allright SFA85, everybody here knows you're a WB hater. Make all the excuses you want, but Ozen looked really bad tonight. Lots of penalties first game jitters really got to them. They will be OK, but Nelson has alot of work to do with them before they are contenders.

No excuses.  The spread just ain't for everybody.  I know you WestEnders take great comfort of being Champs of Beaumont but like Lufkin showed you last week, when WB steps out of it's confort zone, the get it handed to them.....

This game actually started off good.  Untill James White (Ozen's star RB) went down with an injury in the first quarter and never returned. (hope the kid is ok).  Though this, they still hung around.  WB was just the better team.  Reyes ran wild, although I think he will need to pass the ball better based on 'instinct'.  He sometimes wait to long.  You have wheels.  If the pass isn't there, run for the first down.  I was impressed by Brook's defense.  They didn't miss tackles, they hit the Ozen player over the middle early and set the tone for the night.  May have been an intimidation factor.    Ozen was tired and Brook began to pour it on in the 4th.  Ozen was not able to move the ball at all.  Ozen's O-Line is realy huge, but they are slow and didn't block anyone.  They will need to get their butts in gear if they want to make a statement in this district.  

Now I'm left in a state of confusion.  I don't know if Brook is that good or if Ozen was that bad.  I guess we will find out when the Bruins and Jags get it on next week.

This game actually started off good.  Untill James White (Ozen's star RB) went down with an injury in the first quarter and never returned. (hope the kid is ok).  Though this, they still hung around.  WB was just the better team.  Reyes ran wild, although I think he will need to pass the ball better based on 'instinct'.  He sometimes wait to long.  You have wheels.  If the pass isn't there, run for the first down.  I was impressed by Brook's defense.  They didn't miss tackles, they hit the Ozen player over the middle early and set the tone for the night.  May have been an intimidation factor.    Ozen was tired and Brook began to pour it on in the 4th.  Ozen was not able to move the ball at all.  Ozen's O-Line is realy huge, but they are slow and didn't block anyone.  They will need to get their butts in gear if they want to make a statement in this district.  

Now I'm left in a state of confusion.  I don't know if Brook is that good or if Ozen was that bad.  I guess we will find out when the Bruins and Jags get it on next week.

Yes we will just have to do that. 

I just got back from the game.   I was really impressed by the athletes Brook has on defense.   Very fast to the sidelines and got decent pressure on the QB all night.  Concerned about size up front, and youth all around, but they are an athletic bunch of kids.  Offense is going to need a lot of work.  Looked like 3 of the Oline were Sophs.  Soulja is right about Reyes.  He is going to need to get rid of the ball on his first read more.  Seemed like he pumped on almost every pass play.  Don't know if he is misreading defenses or he just is a little hesitant to pull the trigger.  

Overall, we are better off than I thought, but maybe a year away from being really competitive again.   Should be a good match up with the jags.

Quote from: 82 5A State Champs on August 23, 2009, 05:06:44 PM

Quote from: scooter! on August 23, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Quote from: KFDM COOP on August 23, 2009, 09:40:09 AM

This is the hidden content, please

i thought they were a bit over-hyped a few weeks ago until i found out who they had coming back on offense. Lufkin can win state.

No they cant, and they wont! There's too many other good teams out there that will beat them when it counts. They got lucky in this game. IMO, WB didn't play to their potential and Lufkin caught them on a bad day. They will look like another team against Ozen next week. Stump will have them motivated and in playing form. Granted, we are going to have some growing pains, and will have a few bumps in the road along the way, but Ozen is definitely no Lufkin. It should be a good game.

85... I know you are a fan but, "A BAD DAy!?'  That was too funny... I died laughing when I read it...  21-10 bad day maybe, 14-0 bad day maybe, 30 - 14 bad day maybe, 46-0 is an  a$$ kickin!!!!  Their potential will not rectify a 46 point beatdown!!!

46-0 is indeed an a$$ kickin and as for potential---well it is really going to suck to be the teams that get beat by WB this season. 

Yeppers --you got beat by that team that got its A kicked.   

******************************************************************************************************************

Remember the Lufkin WB scrimmage thread.  I feel for some of you  :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder