Hardin vs. Kelly Scrimmage

Hardin looked good after a slow start. Kelly scored on their 15th play, Hardin scored twice during their 15 plays. Hardin dominated during the two 16 minute quarters, only giving up a touchdown towards the end after all the reserves and JV players were in. Villemez only had about 4 or 5 rushes, the second one going about 65 yards for a touchdown. Hardin didn't show half of what they got though, Haynes is a very smart man!

The passing games were off today on both sides . Kelly has a young O Line and it looks like they will have to step up to help out their QB and RB(s). Kelly's Defense did not look bad considering they kept taking their 1st D out . It looked like their 2nd & 3rd teams got a lot of play time.

I do want to say I use the word "dominated" loosely, Hardin still has tons to work on and Kelly was no slouch and is loaded with talent and should have a great year. So "looked better" might have been a better choice of words.

Considering that Kelly's 1st team sat out most of the scrimmage , I thought it was not that bad of a game. Hardin has some talent, they need to work on their passing game - as does Kelly.

Kelly's 1st 15 plays had their 1st team Offense in when they made the touchdown and 2 point conversion. Kelly's OL is young and is going to have to step up to protect their QB and backs. Towards the end of the scrimmage you could tell they were lacking on the line.  I hope Middleton can get them to step up to do their job.

Guest football03

I would like to add that hardin scored twice, on two back to back plays. BUT it was against and entire 2 team defense, with all starters on the bench................................... One the first 12 plays the first defense was in Hardin gained 11 yards.......

Not that it matters, but Kelly only had one interception during the initial 15 plays and it was on their own 2 yard line, but it did keep Hardin from scoring again on them, so i duess it did play into things by them not getting embarrased even worse. Kelly didn't have a first down during the first quarter of timed play, and don't give me the crap that it was their second and third team in there, it was the first quarter of live play, not a time for coaches to play reserves.

I do want to say I use the word "dominated" loosely, Hardin still has tons to work on and Kelly was no slouch and is loaded with talent and should have a great year. So "looked better" might have been a better choice of words.

Considering that Kelly's 1st team sat out most of the scrimmage , I thought it was not that bad of a game. Hardin has some talent, they need to work on their passing game - as does Kelly.

Kelly's 1st 15 plays had their 1st team Offense in when they made the touchdown and 2 point conversion. Kelly's OL is young and is going to have to step up to protect their QB and backs. Towards the end of the scrimmage you could tell they were lacking on the line.  I hope Middleton can get them to step up to do their job.

How did Eddins do?

From what I saw, Hardin might beat maybe 2 or 3 teams. They looked confused on Offense. I am thinking the defense probably don't get much practice time

What I saw was what typically happens during their first scrimmage. The team took awhile to start rolling. I did like the explosive plays that Hardin had.Those were players flat out out running the opponent. We had too many dropped passes but those will work itself out. Thought the defense was shaky, but that is expected with a new defensive scheme. Should see a tougher game with Hardin Jefferson next week.

Guest baseball25

Villemez had like 6 rushes lol he was the best.  athlete on the field if haynes wanted to use him he would have and nobody would have stopped him. Its a scrimmage lol its all about getting ready for the real games and progressing as a team. I will say this hardin had the better athletes sbd better team and hardin should have a pretty good year.

Kellys 1st team defense is Solid.... In the first eight plays of the scrimmage Hardin didnt gain a first down.. By Design Kelly's Defensive corrdinator took the first team out of the game after those first 8 plays.... Kellys second team gave up 2 touchdowns in 2 plays... That raises big questions about their depth on defense... Kelly's first team d gave up one touchdown on a fade towards the end of the scrimmage. that was it... Defensively Kelly held it own.. In a game situation the outcome would have been much different..

Offensively Kelly led 2 good touchdown drives... They have mostly sophmores on the line but did well ..... Eddins was very efficient but overthrew nearly every deep route.. Eddins threw short quick passes  and led them down the field  twice on a Colin Fornet touchdown run, and Patrick Cook Touchdown run... Kelly's sophmore kicker almost hit a 55 yard field goal near the end of the scrimmage..

As far as Hardin goes, they are a tough scrappy football team.. they have very good athletes at the skill positions.. small offensive line.. they threw the ball well aside from the 2 interceptions of course... Their running back is big and powerful but seemed only effective against kelly's 2nd team defense

It's hillarious how two sides can come up with two completely different stories of what they saw! Kelly lost the scrimmage to a much smaller school that didin't even use their #1 back but 5 plays on offense and a few on defense and they can't stand it, but that's OK, you can rebound next week against Liberty. I watched their scrimmage and they couldn't even beat themselves.

Guest blackflag

I would like to add that hardin scored twice, on two back to back plays. BUT it was against and entire 2 team defense, with all starters on the bench................................... One the first 12 plays the first defense was in Hardin gained 11 yards.......

Does Kelly have enough players to sit out their entire 1st team defense ?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476