The Team to Beat in the 2009-2010 season

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On paper and what they accomplished last year Nederland will be the cream of the crop next year. After watching the Babe Ruth 13's, 14's and 15's in tournament action they have some kids that will shine at the varsity level in the next 2 or 3 years.

Orangefield will have what most 5A teams can't say, not one but two Div 1 players that have signed with prestigious colleges and 6 starters coming back besides Felts and Statum. I would say Nederland and Orangefield. 

Guest Orangeboy

I like Orangefield's chances with 8 starters back and the addition of Huckabay who was 24A Offensive MVP!

Great, just what O'Field needed was more offense.  :P What position does Huckabay play?  ???

Where the heck have you been eagle? Get back over on the college football board with me, Johnny and baddog where you belong!! If he has been a bother over here I am sorry, I don't know how he escaped!!! ;D

LOL...Dang, you found me.

Been busy at work and moving into new house. Home computer is in the shop...boo !

I ain't going anywhere.  ;D

With #5 on the Bump and Coach Landry at the helm, Bridge City has to be a favorite.

Come on bulldog you can say Orangefield its ok  ;)

Honestly with Felts and Statum anything short of DC looks to be a blown season... JMO

Bridge City and Orangefield should both be very good in district. Just hope Hicks isn't pitching in that game.  ;) He's going to be one tough pitcher next year.

I think BC with Kellogg and Hicks on the mound will again take the District; however,

I think that OF and BC will meet again in the semi-final round of Region III and that truly will be the State Championship game.

These are the two best teams in the state going in....

Guest Ranger83

19-4A will be solid from top to bottom. If the GCM Patriots can play some solid D down the stretch, they will contend with anyone in the district. Not sure if the Goose will have enough pitching to make a deep run in the playoffs, but Butler (Sr), Jacobs (Jr) and Czerwonka (Soph) will hold their own on Tues and Fri.

1. GCM

2. KP

3. Crosby

4. BH

5. CEK

6. GP

7. Dayton

8. NF

Don't forget about 18 3a. Last year a good team with several key injuries eventually won state. I will agree that sometimes the best team on paper does not get to play in Austin. I will have to go with Bridge City and Hicks and Co. for the district win. Hopefully Jasper will be there scouting the game, waiting to play the winner.  We have about six seniors Alvis, Ernest, Phillips, Sowell, Parker,and Nerio, followed with Sossion, Burleson, Bolton, and Holmes. It should be a good year with more depth and experience than we have had in several years. The sophmore group will be ready to add key depth in the spring tournaments and playoffs. Between fall ball and Coach Mixon's rigourous offseason the Dawg's will be tougher than ever.

19-4A will be solid from top to bottom. If the GCM Patriots can play some solid D down the stretch, they will contend with anyone in the district. Not sure if the Goose will have enough pitching to make a deep run in the playoffs, but Butler (Sr), Jacobs (Jr) and Czerwonka (Soph) will hold their own on Tues and Fri.

1. GCM

2. KP

3. Crosby

4. BH

5. CEK

6. GP

7. Dayton

8. NF

Change them up a bit

Crosby

KP

King

BH / GCM

GP

Dayton

NF

Coin flip on the forth spot. If BH can keep the injury pron pitcher back they will slide into the playoffs

I agree, I think Crosby will be the the team to beat along with KP in 19-4A. I am surprised that the AD (Flannigan) actually hired a true baseball coach in Wiggins. I have heard nothing but positive stuff about this guy. This group has a lot of talent. KP will be tough as well, they didn't lose much either. I think GCM still has a couple of years to grow. BH has a young group, they will struggle to make the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn