Best Passing QB From Your School?

Guest Lions

I'd have to say Dusty Evans for H-D, I played with him in '01 (his senior year), that year we led the houston area in total offense per game 5A-1A, we were 2A at the time...think we averaged close to 600 yards a game with at least 80% of it being passing! I'm not sure of his stats, but I know our first district game he threw I think 5 td passes(4 to one reciever) in the first half and sit down the whole 2nd half. Guy had a cannon!

So he threw for 480 yards a game????? ::) ::) ::)

Don't think so!!!!

I'd have to say Dusty Evans for H-D, I played with him in '01 (his senior year), that year we led the houston area in total offense per game 5A-1A, we were 2A at the time...think we averaged close to 600 yards a game with at least 80% of it being passing! I'm not sure of his stats, but I know our first district game he threw I think 5 td passes(4 to one reciever) in the first half and sit down the whole 2nd half. Guy had a cannon!

So he threw for 480 yards a game????? ::) ::) ::)

Don't think so!!!!

I am with you, LAZEEK. Don't think so.

So what you are saying, this guy threw for 5,000 yards that year? Let me go check on that, be right back.

Here are the top 7 all-time passing yards for a season:

(notice how many games these guys played)

Single-Season Passing Yards (games)

4,827-Garrett Gilbert (16), Lake Travis, 2007

4,825-Graham Harrell (15), Ennis, 2003

4,822-Chase Wasson, Southlake Carroll (16), 2002

4,700-Kelan Luker, Stephenville (16), 1998

4,698-Greg McElroy, Southlake Carroll, 2005

4,678-Phillip Daugherty, Bridgeport (15), 2001

4,672-Chase Daniel, Southlake Carroll (16), 2004

If this HD QB averaged 480 yards a game, he would have been on this list in just 10 games. I assume HD went to the playoffs that year, so he should have eclipsed 5,000 yards with ease.

I think not!

Look guys, I said I wasn't sure of his stats, and I know I was way off on the percentage, but I got your attention.....all I know is he had a lot of yards passing for a 10 game season. We missed the playoffs that year by 1 yard, time expired on us on the 1 yard line. Beat Anahauc by I think 8 and had to beat them by 14 to get in by point system.

Look guys, I said I wasn't sure of his stats, and I know I was way off on the percentage, but I got your attention.....all I know is he had a lot of yards passing for a 10 game season. We missed the playoffs that year by 1 yard, time expired on us on the 1 yard line. Beat Anahauc by I think 8 and had to beat them by 14 to get in by point system.

You only got our attention because of your bogus stats, not that he was a good quarterback.

Alot of passing yards could be 2,500 in 10 games. Far cry from 4,800.

If this HD QB averaged 480 yards a game, he would have been on this list in just 10 games. I assume HD went to the playoffs that year, so he should have eclipsed 5,000 yards with ease.

I think not!

Hands down the greatest throwing quarterback from ANY school in this area has been Todd Dodge at TJ.  In 1980 he threw for what was then a national high school record I believe, (I'm sure aggies,wos, or skipper will have the true stats). 

As all of you know, he went on to coach 3 of the top 7 listed above.  Todd Dodge paved the way for all of the guys on that list.  Even H-D's Dusty Evans.  ;)

You only got our attention because of your bogus stats, not that he was a good quarterback.

Alot of passing yards could be 2,500 in 10 games. Far cry from 4,800.

I threw for 7930 my senior year @ Channelview back in the day...........no wait, maybe it was 793 .  ;)

I think not!

Hands down the greatest throwing quarterback from ANY school in this area has been Todd Dodge at TJ.  In 1980 he threw for what was then a national high school record I believe, (I'm sure aggies,wos, or skipper will have the true stats). 

As all of you know, he went on to coach 3 of the top 7 listed above.  Todd Dodge paved the way for all of the guys on that list.  Even H-D's Dusty Evans.   ;)

I agree. Todd Dodge is the man when you are talking about top QB's of this area. All qb's will and should be compared to him.

Ronnie Thompson, who coached Todd Dodge in high school, told me that Dustin Long from PN-G was THE BEST high school throwing QB he has ever coached. ( he coached Dustin for a week for a high school all-star game).  This list included Todd and Craig Stump, another high school all-american.

Well, the post is...best passing quarterback from YOUR school, but I would have to agree on Todd Dodge being the best from this area. I was a junior in 1980 and watch several play-off games, and of course the TJ-WO-S game and he and his reciever, (was it Brent Duhon?) were the talk of the state that year. I have not been surprised to follow his success since then.

Dustin Long is the best passing QB EVER! ...........................................from PNG.

Dustin passed for 3119 yards dustin shared that with 2904 yards rushing plus the total rushed for in the state game against Stephenville. Well balanced.

Dustin Long is the best passing QB EVER! ...........................................from PNG.

Dustin passed for 3119 yards dustin shared that with 2904 yards rushing plus the total rushed for in the state game against Stephenville. Well balanced.

Nice post Mrs. Long!    ;D  ;D

Dustin Long was/is a great quarterback and always seemed to handle himself and the pressures of PNG's march through the playoffs his senior year with great poise. 

Dustin Long may very well be the best passing QB ever!  (From PNG)  JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami