Sarah Palin (continued)

Guest DickVitale

Sorry, but B.O. is definitely smarter/intelligent  than Palin.

Maybe he is or maybe he isn't. He is almost certainly more educated if that matters.

Here are some questions.

Does intelligence make a person right in political decisions? If a test is given and it is discovered that I have a higher IQ than others on this board, does that invalidate their political arguments?

Should the presidency be determined by IQ if it really matters? If so, let's just give a test and pick the smartest man/woman.

Does education really matter? My brother has 4 college degrees, 2 bachelors and 2 masters. He is working on his 3rd masters. I would venture to guess that he is way more educated and probably has a lot higher IQ than Palin, Obama, McCain or Biden. I wonder if my brother should be the next President of the United States.

does he share your politcal views???    ;D

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes him smarter?

Because he's black...and male... ::) ::) Are you serious, man? You think that Palin is in the same league with Barack Obama? You have GOT to be kidding...seriously.

And your answer is...

Maybe he is or maybe he isn't. He is almost certainly more educated if that matters.

Here are some questions.

Does intelligence make a person right in political decisions? If a test is given and it is discovered that I have a higher IQ than others on this board, does that invalidate their political arguments?

Should the presidency be determined by IQ if it really matters? If so, let's just give a test and pick the smartest man/woman.

Does education really matter? My brother has 4 college degrees, 2 bachelors and 2 masters. He is working on his 3rd masters. I would venture to guess that he is way more educated and probably has a lot higher IQ than Palin, Obama, McCain or Biden. I wonder if my brother should be the next President of the United States.

Do you actually realize how easier it is to get a Masters than a B.A.? Do you really know how hard it is to finish just first year of law school? I don't think you have a clue.

But let me get back on topic here:

What would Palin do if she were president of the United States and there were ethics investigations, Snow asked. The answer is priceless.

Palin says that if she were president of the United States, the "Department of Law" would throw most of them out.

The Department of what?

The ABC editors felt the need to include a line telling online readers there is no Department of Law in the United States government.

We already know Palin's education is a little, shall we say spotty. But Department of Law? You have to wonder if she took high school civics. :D :D

Fair enough.  Problem is, most of us don't really get to know the candidates, except what we see during public appearances.  If they don't come across very well, they get labeled dumb or stupid.   Maybe we should make them all take a written test to qualify.       ???

Good, a point of agreement. I just think it is bad in political arguments to make statements about the other party's candidate that very well might apply to your own. You may not have done so but others certainly have.

It is like my old argument about war records. When Bob Dole ran against Bill Clinton, the Democrats thought that a true war hero meant nothing. Fast forward a few years and when it is John Kerry against George Bush, all of a sudden the war record is of utmost importance.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

How so?

Here are some questions.

Do you actually realize how easier it is to get a Masters than a B.A.? Do you really know how hard it is to finish just first year of law school? I don't think you have a clue.

Evidently you don't have a masters degree

What would Palin do if she were president of the United States and there were ethics investigations, Snow asked. The answer is priceless.

Palin says that if she were president of the United States, the "Department of Law" would throw most of them out.

The Department of what?

The ABC editors felt the need to include a line telling online readers there is no Department of Law in the United States government.

We already know Palin's education is a little, shall we say spotty. But Department of Law? You have to wonder if she took high school civics. :D :D

I wondered if Obama ever took Geography when he mentioned visiting all 57 states! 

Here are some questions.

You really don't want to get into a discussion of degrees with me, trust me ;)

Sorry, but B.O. is definitely smarter/intelligent  than Palin.

Here are some questions.

Oh I'm sure you have 4 doctorates from UT, a couple from Harvard and six masters from LU just to top it off.  

Besides, as you have stated, degrees are no indicator of intelligence!  ;)

Sorry, but B.O. is definitely smarter/intelligent  than Palin.

Here are some questions.

Oh I'm sure you have 4 doctorates from UT, a couple from Harvard and six masters from LU just to top it off.  

Besides, as you have stated, degrees are no indicator of intelligence!   ;)

Nope, never attended LU or Harvard, nor do I have 4 Doctorates or six Masters. ::) ::)

The Department of what?

I wondered if Obama ever took Geography when he mentioned visiting all 57 states!   

Oh please, I hope you're not trying to tie in this statement with that racist email going around at one time, when he was campaigning?

Racist because Obama doesn't know how many states we have? Then he coincidently gives the number of Islamic states in the OIC......

Probably just a gaffe. Who knows where the number 57 came from.. that just happened to match the number of the OIC. But racist?

If Bush or Palin would have said that there were 57 states, the left/liberal/Democrats would still be talking about it.

Racist because Obama doesn't know how many states we have? Then he coincidently gives the number of Islamic states in the OIC......

Probably just a gaffe. Who knows where the number 57 came from.. that just happened to match the number of the OIC. But racist?

If Bush or Palin would have said that there were 57 states, the left/liberal/Democrats would still be talking about it.

Something like you are doing now?

Candidates misspeak all the time.  i can live with that.  it's when they're rendered speechless by a question they should have an intelligent answer to that i start to worry.

Its misspeaking.  Who was rendered speechless? 

I'm beginning to see a double standard here. 

Here are some questions.

So how many graduate degrees do you have?

Candidates misspeak all the time.  i can live with that.  it's when they're rendered speechless by a question they should have an intelligent answer to that i start to worry.

Its misspeaking.  Who was rendered speechless?  

i "misspoke", but fixed it before you posted :)

did you see the palin/couriq interview?  it would've been better had she been rendered speechless.  instead she was rendered stupid.  there's no double standard.  if a candidate gives an intelligent answer, but misspeaks, i can live with that.  bush was known for that, and while i'm not going to lie and say i never made fun of him, i never held it against him when i judged his intelligence.  palin looked like a deer in headlights.  not only did she "misspeak", she CLEARLY had no clue what she was talking about in several KEY areas.  considering she was trying to become our vice president, i had a serious problem with that.  so, to paraphrase:

candidate who knows his/her stuff but speaks poorly = OK.  

candidate who can motivate crowd/arouse older men but doesn't know what the heck is going on in the world = no bueno.

This is the hidden content, please

Because Joe Biden is a really great speaker and all.

This is my favorite.  Where are all the people who call out everyone for racist remarks?

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." --Joe Biden, in a private remark to an Indian-American man caught on C-SPAN, June, 2006

There's a video clip is you want that link...

DV, Dove, SFA, and any of the other who have brought up racism.

I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.

Joe Biden

About US presidential candidate Barack Obama, January 2007. He later apologised for these remarks, saying: "I deeply regret any offense my remark in the New York Observer might have caused anyone. That was not my intent and I expressed that to Sen. Obama".

This is the hidden content, please

Its misspeaking.  Who was rendered speechless?  

i "misspoke", but fixed it before you posted :)

did you see the palin/couriq interview?  it would've been better had she been rendered speechless.  instead she was rendered stupid.  there's no double standard.  if a candidate gives an intelligent answer, but misspeaks, i can live with that.  bush was known for that, and while i'm not going to lie and say i never made fun of him, i never held it against him when i judged his intelligence.  palin looked like a deer in headlights.  not only did she "misspeak", she CLEARLY had no clue what she was talking about in several KEY areas.  considering she was trying to become our vice president, i had a serious problem with that.  so, to paraphrase:

candidate who knows his/her stuff but speaks poorly = OK.  

candidate who can motivate crowd/arouse older men but doesn't know what the heck is going on in the world = no bueno.

But there is absolutely no proof that she didn't know what was going on in the world.  I mean, come on, do you really think that a governor of a state, the highest office in that state is that out of touch with world events. 

If Katie Couric had asked me that newspaper question I probably would have taken it as a sign of disrespect.

There is a double standard.  They didn't ask B.O. those questions.  They sure asked Bush and Palin.  Double standard all the way.

I will say this. Sarah Palin is doing something right.  Liberals can't stop talking about her. 

This is the 2nd thread in a week (both started by liberals) and this one is 9 pages long. 

at least if you're of the mindset that any publicity is good publicity.

I will say this. Sarah Palin is doing something right.  Liberals can't stop talking about her. 

This is the 2nd thread in a week (both started by liberals) and this one is 9 pages long. 

at least if you're of the mindset that any publicity is good publicity.

She may very well galvanize the left like Hillary galvanized the right.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476