Stadium Improvements at Barbers Hill

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to someone yesterday and they said BH opted for the non tron score board ;( I was also told that they have been asking the board for Turf for the past 3 years and they will not approve it!!!! I just read the 2A Hardin was getting Turf!!!!!!!!!!! Come on BH put some money in that sorry excuss for a stadium and get us up to Par!! We now have 4 schools in our district that has went to turf :(

Dayton fills the Barbers Hill stadium-Last year some handicap folks went back home.If you get there early for a seat you cannot hardly get up and down for concessions or restroom call-2 isles up and down.Bronco fans would fill the home side.Your excuses are not valid for visitor seating period for 4A class school.

Guest KHS 89

I guess they are waiting to see a need for larger visitor stands.  I've been going to football games here since 2001 and haven't seen the ones we have full yet.  PNG was complaining about the stands not being big enough before last years game but didn't fill them up.

I remember the stands being quite full at the Barbers Hill VS PN-G game.

I agree, I think the capacity needs to be increased. BH added about 250-300 extra seats last year with extra bleachers. Don't forget though BH was only added to 4A status 3 years ago.. Dayton just recently I believe in the last couple of years expanded their stadium and added turf. The PNG fans "did not" fill the visitors side......Its my understanding the stadium will be upgraded after the 2009 season.

Guest Ranger83

Come on BH, quit telling us that you do not upgrade your facilities because PNG did not fill up the visitor section or that you just got moved up to 4A. If you build it, they will come!

Come on BH, quit telling us that you do not upgrade your facilities because PNG did not fill up the visitor section or that you just got moved up to 4A. If you build it, they will come!

Sorry, but that is baloney, I've been to every BH home game in the last 3 yrs...the only team that ever filled the visitor stands was Dayton...most teams' fans don't travel well.  When the visitor stands start filling fully up, we'll consider expanding  :)

Sorry Dayton fans...get there early :)

I agreee HIllguy. Dayton will normally bring a pretty large crowd, afterall their 14 miles down the road and have large fan base. PNG "did not" fill up the visitors side last year, and frankly I was surprised by that. It's my understanding that their will be an enlargment of the bleachers, stadium upgrades including, new turf, scoreboard after the 2009 season. Honestly after having to repair major damage to caferteria's, classroooms and the auditoriums after Hurricane Ike this may be put on the back burner, who knows. After all we actually study at Barbers Hill High also..and yes my son(s) play football there, And I'd love to see improvements, but you got to have priorities.

Considering the district that you are talking about I would start with the stadium that North Forest plays on, talk about an eye sore. I would put BH's stadium on the same level (with exception of the field turf) as Crosby.

You ever think that they don't increase the visitor side on purpose?

But the field turf is something that I am suprised that they have not done already.

I agreee HIllguy. Dayton will normally bring a pretty large crowd, afterall their 14 miles down the road and have large fan base. PNG "did not" fill up the visitors side last year, and frankly I was surprised by that. It's my understanding that their will be an enlargment of the bleachers, stadium upgrades including, new turf, scoreboard after the 2009 season. Honestly after having to repair major damage to caferteria's, classroooms and the auditoriums after Hurricane Ike this may be put on the back burner, who knows. After all we actually study at Barbers Hill High also..and yes my son(s) play football there, And I'd love to see improvements, but you got to have priorities.

??? You point is?

??? You point is?

The point is that BH suffered the 3rd worst Ike $ damage for a school district.  There is more important things to worry about right now than the visitors stands.  Its coming, but low on the priority list.

Guest etbu

??? You point is?

The point is that BH suffered the 3rd worst Ike $ damage for a school district.  There is more important things to worry about right now than the visitors stands.  Its coming, but low on the priority list.

Really?

Guest etbu

Thanks Hillguy for making that clear for etbu.. Apparently he skipped a lot of school and couldn't grasp the concept of sometimes you actually have to get your priorities straight.   lol

just a big old thanks to hillman and 99 for setting my priorities. now quit talking smack and come over to huffman and look at a real stadium.  ;D hillguy and 99 are two on  graveyards this week?

Thanks Hillguy for making that clear for etbu.. Apparently he skipped a lot of school and couldn't grasp the concept of sometimes you actually have to get your priorities straight.   lol

just a big old thanks to hillman and 99 for setting my priorities. now quit talking smack and come over to huffman and look at a real stadium.  ;D hillguy and 99 are two on  graveyards this week?

No graveyards, but out of timezone way up in the Rockies this week.  Oh man does 68 degrees and low humidity feel good!

Guest etbu

I personally do not see anything wrong with Bh stadium bc seems pretty nice to me. Track is nice and who cares about the visitor side? As long as the Bh fans are comfortable who gives a rip right? Bh will get on in time but until then way it goes. HillGuy are you not doing any camps this summer?

I personally do not see anything wrong with Bh stadium bc seems pretty nice to me. Track is nice and who cares about the visitor side? As long as the Bh fans are comfortable who gives a rip right? Bh will get on in time but until then way it goes. HillGuy are you not doing any camps this summer?

We do. The band stands are standing room only when we play at Barber's Hill.

We do. The band stands are standing room only when we play at Barber's Hill.

I agree. If you expect the visiting band to sit in their designated band section, then they should be able to all have a seat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed