Hardin Football Player Killed in Car Crash

Kids think cars are toys. My girl friend's daughter has had a few fender benders and still insist she's ready to get a car. Cars are serious weapons if not handled respectfully. Man, what sad news this is. Prayers goes out to family and friends of this kid. My heart is truly saddened by this. Conroe kid now this unfortunate kid :'(

Truly on of the most tragic things. Prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends. This is a very sad day for the Hornets. A great kid, with a phenomenal work ethic and complete team oriented attitude.

May God be with his family, friends, teammates.  :'(

This young man was at my house last night, wanted me to know that I should be expecting a phone call from the Airforce that I was his reference never thought it would be the last time I would see him alive.  What a great kid and athlete.  He will be missed.

Back in the day I fell so sorry for you and this young mans family. Kids just don't know how fast life can change. I have razed 3 kids the 2 oldest were not bad but the youngest (16) is a hand full. He thinks he is bullet prof and nothing can happen to him. I hold by breath every time he leaves the house. I am going to make him read ever post on this boy. And maybe this can open his eyes. I know posting this is hard for you but I thank you.

This was a great kid who was and still is loved by many. A great athlete with a "Don't Give Up" attitude. Not only was he great on the field,  but he was a excellent student as well. He will be greatly missed. My prayers go out to his family and friends! God Bless!

Back in the day I fell so sorry for you and this young mans family. Kids just don't know how fast life can change. I have razed 3 kids the 2 oldest were not bad but the youngest (16) is a hand full. He thinks he is bullet prof and nothing can happen to him. I hold by breath every time he leaves the house. I am going to make him read ever post on this boy. And maybe this can open his eyes. I know posting this is hard for you but I thank you.

Every Teen should read these post because so many think that nothing will happen and that they are invincible.

please accept my prayers to the family and friends of this young man as well. i'm originally from alto, and just two weeks ago today, a young man who graduated from class of 2009 was killed in the early morning hours. while you are at it, please pray for Kyle Denum's family, friends, and community too. He was a young man who enjoyed life, was a team player, and respected by all. It has really left a hole in his friends hearts..

God Bless all involved.. :-[

Prayers from Bridge City for the family, friends, team!  What a tragic loss, and a parents worst nightmare!  I have 17 and 15 yr old boys and both think I worry too much and think nothing will happen to them.  They will both read all these posts and hopefully how quickly something can happen will sink in.

Just remember to hug your kids everyday and tell them that you love them! 

Prayers from Bridge City for the family, friends, team!  What a tragic loss, and a parents worst nightmare!  I have 17 and 15 yr old boys and both think I worry too much and think nothing will happen to them.  They will both read all these posts and hopefully how quickly something can happen will sink in.

Just remember to hug your kids everyday and tell them that you love them! 

That last sentence sums it all up.  We are not promised another second, let alone another day.  It might be us or our children, but always remember that no matter what...you want your last words to each other to be expressions of love.  Most kids do think that their parents worry too much, but I don't think that we will until our last breath because that's what makes us parents.  I would also like to add...you just never know what other kids have at home, so it doesn't take too much more to say kind words to them as well because you just never know. 

Pate.6.21.09.jpg

Christopher Dwayne Pate, 17, of Hardin died Saturday June 20, 2009 in Anahuac TX.

A native of Crockett, he lived in Hardin most of his life and was a senior at Hardin High School.

Survivors include his father; Gerald Wayne Pate and stepmother Melissa of Cleveland, his mother Megan Treece and stepfather Ronald of Hardin, Brother; Casey Pate of Hardin, and stepbrother Ronald Treece of Tucson, AZ, Sisters; Ashley and Christian Pate of Hardin, Grandparents; Gerald and Denise Pate of Cleveland, Leonard and Margaret Ball of Conroe, Pete and Karen Bryant of Milano TX, Robert and Peggy Allee of Trinity, and Betty Hale of Hardin.

A service of remembrance will be held Tuesday June 23, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. at Faith & Family Funeral Services 40847 Hwy 105 E. Batson, TX, with Reverend Wade McKinney officiating.

Interment to follow at Hardin Chapel Cemetery in Hardin. A gathering of his family and friends will be held Monday June 22, 2009 beginning at 4:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at the funeral home.

Arrangements by Faith & Family Funeral Services, 40847 Hwy 105 E, Batson, Texas 77519

chris pate was like my little brother we were always together.. he was a wonderful. he did no one harm. he was at too young of an age he had so many plans ahead of him.. we sat so many weekends talking about how he was so excited about his senior year of football. he lived for the sport he worked so hard at it. i miss you so much bro i cant wait to see you again.. you keep your head up so i can keep mine up! i love you!...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont