last years downfall at west orange

yep i am with you on that one,thats what gilmer did last year ,5 tds  by air express .wos had poor pass coverage that day but it seems like its becoming a habit more and more.the mustangs need some ball hawks back there

I watched the Gilmer game and I agree, the Mustangs could not cover the Gilmer receivers.

There aren't many teams in this area that defend the pass well.

2 reasons:

1. They don't see it enough throughout the year. SETX widely considers it sissy ball and won't open it up. Only hurts the locals in the playoffs.

2. Guys going both ways at DB and WR... I don't care how great their conditioning is, they can't cover all night, especially when the QB has time to throw. Any decent QB will beat you in that situation.

Skipper, if you know what the Mustangs have to do to win a State Championship, why don't you just tell us instead of making us guess. I'm sure every team in the land would want to hire you as a consultant. I will be your agent.  ;D

i agree aggie.silsbee moved the ball very well that night.but you guys have a super QB that keep the stings off balance all night

I agree. This year, Jeremy will have to have a great game offensively, running and throwing. Our defense will not be as good as last year's team but they will still be pretty good. I believe our offense will be much better this year. I don't look for this game to be a low scoring affair like last year. The winner of this game will score 3 or 4 td's.

AAW, I think one of the big reasons that the game last year was low scoring for both teams was do to the layover from IKE.  A spread offense is more of a timing offense, and to take three weeks off is like to start over.  I to expect to see more points out of BOTH offenses this year.

TD,sorry my friend i cant leave austin.you know as well as i do what is hurting  west orange and its (NOT THR RUNNING GAME).lets look back at west orange -start in the 80s no one like to put the ball in the air,becouse there were a few people  at the corners that just loved to pick it off and go the other way smiles.TD that  is what is hurting  wo-s you know it and i do also.

TD,sorry my friend i cant leave austin.you know as well as i do what is hurting  west orange and its (NOT THR RUNNING GAME).lets look back at west orange -start in the 80s no one like to put the ball in the air,becouse there were a few people  at the corners that just loved to pick it off and go the other way smiles.TD that  is what is hurting  wo-s you know it and i do also.

Today's passing games are much different than the 80's. Especially with the upper echelon passing teams like Gilmer, China Springs.... etc. (those are the 3A's i could think of off the top of my head)

Teams that can sling it around always have a chance... even against the chain gang defense.

TD,sorry my friend i cant leave austin.you know as well as i do what is hurting  west orange and its (NOT THR RUNNING GAME).lets look back at west orange -start in the 80s no one like to put the ball in the air,becouse there were a few people  at the corners that just loved to pick it off and go the other way smiles.TD that  is what is hurting  wo-s you know it and i do also.

I think that problem is being worked on with a "new" coach that's coming.

Dayton,i do agree with you on some of that.BUT i love to watch game tapes and watch how my guys play D agnest there recivers.as kiven smith said at one time to me i just watch the OB  feet  that was one thing that helped.maybe you and TD can help me on this part, if you have a team  that has speed like wo-s has this year would you like your DC backs to play tighter on the recivers

Dayton,i do agree with you on some of that.BUT i love to watch game tapes and watch how my guys play D agnest there recivers.as kiven smith said at one time to me i just watch the OB  feet  that was one thing that helped.maybe you and TD can help me on this part, if you have a team  that has speed like wo-s has this year would you like your DC backs to play tighter on the recivers

Skipper, you are asking the wrong person when you ask me. I'm a fan of the game and a fan of the Mustangs. Not a teacher of the game or a coach that has enough knowledge to do anything other than encourage kids. Baseball is and was my game.

That being said, I would just like for them to turn around at some point and not face guard. It seems we don't know when the ball is coming.

I'm with TD on that one... I'm not knowledgeable enough to really answer that. One thing I would focus on..... and WOS does have the athletes to do it, is to not have the same guys at WR and DB the entire game against a good passing team. In special situations, maybe, but they just won't be as productive on either side of the ball playing both ways the whole game. I'm convinced that depth has been the biggest issue for dayton in recent years in regards to defending the pass. Our coaches do a fantastic job with getting the most out of what we have, we just don't have the depth. In Dayton's case the last couple of years, we would have had to give up some ground on O or D to achieve not wearing out our DBs/WRs. Even still, not sure if it would have helped against SS, FW, and LT and their all-state and all-american passing games.

yep i am with you on that one,thats what gilmer did last year ,5 tds  by air express .wos had poor pass coverage that day but it seems like its becoming a habit more and more.the mustangs need some ball hawks back there

I watched the Gilmer game and I agree, the Mustangs could not cover the Gilmer receivers.

There aren't many teams in this area that defend the pass well.

2 reasons:

1. They don't see it enough throughout the year. SETX widely considers it sissy ball and won't open it up. Only hurts the locals in the playoffs.

2. Guys going both ways at DB and WR... I don't care how great their conditioning is, they can't cover all night, especially when the QB has time to throw. Any decent QB will beat you in that situation.

Good observation.

TD,i watch you play my friend and i must say you were one of the best.i coached teen ball years ago and had some of the best kids around and a pleaser to to teach them and watch them grow up to go on to better things in there life some of them went on to pro ball.  ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh someone said you play goft also  are u eny good smiles

TD,i watch you play my friend and i must say you were one of the best.i coached teen ball years ago and had some of the best kids around and a pleaser to to teach them and watch them grow up to go on to better things in there life some of them went on to pro ball.  ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh someone said you play goft also  are u eny good smiles

I don't play too much golf anymore, too busy with my boys and teenage daughter. Thanks for the compliment but that day has past and now ll I have is to watch and teach my children and that's not too bad.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124