Dave Campbell district predictions (Colt McCoy on cover)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this Look Similar

20-4A 2008

1. Ned

2. Living

3. PN-G

4. Lum

5. CENTRAL

6. Ozen

7. Vidor

8. LC-M

Dave Never gives us Respect

I think the head coaches from the district turn in their predicted order of finish to dave campbell magazine.

Grad, what do you think of the 4A District predictions?

Well, Coop.  You gotta figure with half of the district having new head coaches, anything can happen.  That being said, I think the magazine may have projected just a bit too meteoric of a ride for the Pirates.  Before my friends in Vidor break out the flame throwers, I do believe that they will make the playoffs, but I would have them in 3rd or 4th as I think they'll realize that they miss Chris Teinart more than they think, he was a master at running the Slot T.

I am also a bit surprised that Nederland is projected down in 4th place.  I know losing Asa Cardenas and Wareall Grogan will hit them hard, but they have good targets for Kirby Bellows (who is now in his third year  as the helm!) in Brady and I was impressed with Salenga.  I think it will be PN-G and Central fighting for the 4th spot.

I'd still keep my eye on Livingston, I know they lost a lot but I can't help but think that Randy Rowe has some tricks up his sleeve.

I'd have it like this:

1.  Lumberton

2.  Nederland

3.  Vidor

4.  Port Neches-Groves

5.  Central

6.  Livingston

7.  Ozen

8.  LC-M

These 20-4a picks are trash.  You know, is Jag fans should expect this.  They never respect us..  then we turn  it on durring the season, then they start  talking about how good we are.  You know, like they never said that we will miss the playoffs.

BTW, I will not waist my money buying that garbage. 

Oh well, off my soapbox...  ;D ;D

Lions asked "Has Vidor ever been picked to win District before?"

In 1964 DCTF picked Vidor to win district and preseason # 10 in AAA.  I think they made it to the semifinal that year.  I remember this because Little Cypress played Vidor the first game of the season that year.  The Bears were ranked #2 in AA by DCTF.  Vidor kicked our tails.

Grad, what do you think of the 4A District predictions?

Well, Coop.  You gotta figure with half of the district having new head coaches, anything can happen.  That being said, I think the magazine may have projected just a bit too meteoric of a ride for the Pirates.  Before my friends in Vidor break out the flame throwers, I do believe that they will make the playoffs, but I would have them in 3rd or 4th as I think they'll realize that they miss Chris Teinart more than they think, he was a master at running the Slot T.

I am also a bit surprised that Nederland is projected down in 4th place.  I know losing Asa Cardenas and Wareall Grogan will hit them hard, but they have good targets for Kirby Bellows (who is now in his third year  as the helm!) in Brady and I was impressed with Salenga.  I think it will be PN-G and Central fighting for the 4th spot.

I'd still keep my eye on Livingston, I know they lost a lot but I can't help but think that Randy Rowe has some tricks up his sleeve.

I'd have it like this:

1.  Lumberton

2.  Nederland

3.  Vidor

4.  Port Neches-Groves

5.  Central

6.  Livingston

7.  Ozen

8.  LC-M

Grad, I thought we were better than that!! ;D

Guest Lions

New this year are District Offensive/Defensive MVP & Key Game

21-5A

Offensive: RB Tracy Woods (NS)

Defensive: S Trey Murray (Lee)

Key Game: Lee @ Sterling

1. North Shore

2. West Brook

3. PA Memorial

4. Sterling

5. Lee

6. Channelview

19-4A

Off MVP: RB DeMartie Allen (Goose Creek)

Def MVP: ILB Jordan Baxton (Dayton)

Key game: North Forest @ BH

1. Dayton

2. Crosby

3. CE King

4. Barbers Hill

5. North Forest

6. Galena Park

7. Goose Creek

8. Kingwood Park

20-4A

Offensive: QB Kirby Bellow (Nederland)

Defensive: LB Anthony Beard (Lumberton)

Key Game: Vidor @ Nederland

1. Vidor

2. Lumberton

3. PN-G

4. Nederland

5. Central

6. Livingston

7. Ozen

8. LC-M

18-3A

Offensive: RB Marcel Johnson (Rusk)

Defensive: DL Deshun Williams (Carthage)

Key Game: Rusk @ Diboll

1. Carthage

2. Rusk

3. Jasper

4. Diboll

5. Center

6. Huntington

21-3A

Offensive: QB Jeremy Johnson (Silsbee)

Defensive: DE Steven Cook (WO-S)

Key Game: Hardin-Jefferson @ Bridge City

1. WO-S

2. Silsbee

3. Bridge City

4. Hardin-Jeff

5. Orangefield

5. Hamshire-Fannett

22-3A

Offensive: QB Chad Allen (Coldspring)

Defensive: LB Marcus Mallet (Cleveland)

Key Game: Cleveland @ Coldspring

1. Cleveland

2. Coldspring

3. Huffman

4. Splendora

5. Liberty

6. Shepherd

7. Tarkington

22-2A

Offensive: QB Halston Flanigan (Newton)

Defensive: LB JaMichael Ervine (Kirby)

Key Game: Newton @ Kirby

1. Kirby (No. 4)

2. Newton (No. 10)

3. Woodville

4. Hemphill

5. San Augustine

6. Shelbyville

23-2A

Offensive: QB Hank Jones (EC)

Defensive: DB Justin Albritton (Ana)

Key Game: Hardin @ Buna

1. Anahuac

2. Hardin

3. EC

4. Buna

5. Deweyville

6. Ktz

7. Warren

23-1A

Offensive: RB Mason Mounkes (HI)

Defensive: LB Shelby Stanley (Eva)

Key Game: West Hardin @ H-D

1. Evadale

2. H-D

3. WH

4. High Island

5. Chester

6. Colmesneil

7. Sabine Pass

8. Burkeville

Nederland, Vidor, PN-G, Ozen

Guest Brubaker

WOSgrad, your insight into HS football never ceases to amaze me.  Your predictions look right on in 204A, cept I think Central will be in the mix in the place of PNG.  I look for Nederland to be much better than they were last year.  They should be much improve on defense, and their receiving corp could be better than last years.  That's an improved receiving corp to go with Bellow, who is filling out that frame quite nicely, look for him to pick defenses apart in district.  My prediction is the spring hitting will bring that nasty back to the defense.. the first one at WOS will be a true test.  I don't expect them to win, but it should be much more competitive than last year.

WOSgrad, your insight into HS football never ceases to amaze me.  Your predictions look right on in 204A, cept I think Central will be in the mix in the place of PNG.  I look for Nederland to be much better than they were last year.  They should be much improve on defense, and their receiving corp could be better than last years.  That's an improved receiving corp to go with Bellow, who is filling out that frame quite nicely, look for him to pick defenses apart in district.  My prediction is the spring hitting will bring that nasty back to the defense.. the first one at WOS will be a true test.  I don't expect them to win, but it should be much more competitive than last year.

On Grads knowledge of Texas football is easy when you only have a house full of beast to be a football fan. What Grad? Bird, two cats, and a dog? My idea of a casual and enjoyable life.  8) Oh yea a wife that in the words of my son " hot" that is cool about SETX.  ;D 

WOSgrad, your insight into HS football never ceases to amaze me.  Your predictions look right on in 204A, cept I think Central will be in the mix in the place of PNG.  I look for Nederland to be much better than they were last year.  They should be much improve on defense, and their receiving corp could be better than last years.  That's an improved receiving corp to go with Bellow, who is filling out that frame quite nicely, look for him to pick defenses apart in district.  My prediction is the spring hitting will bring that nasty back to the defense.. the first one at WOS will be a true test.  I don't expect them to win, but it should be much more competitive than last year.

Thanks!  I wouldn't be surprised if PN-G and Central would be reversed in those final standings, either.

On Grads knowledge of Texas football is easy when you only have a house full of beast to be a football fan. What Grad? Bird, two cats, and a dog? My idea of a casual and enjoyable life.  8) Oh yea a wife that in the words of my son " hot" that is cool about SETX.  ;D

e, I showed your post to the Mrs. Grad and she blushed.  But you were a bit off on the stats, bro.  It is 2 parakeets, 4 cats and a dog.  I have labeled my house "The Preserve."

On Grads knowledge of Texas football is easy when you only have a house full of beast to be a football fan. What Grad? Bird, two cats, and a dog? My idea of a casual and enjoyable life.  8) Oh yea a wife that in the words of my son " hot" that is cool about SETX.  ;D

e, I showed your post to the Mrs. Grad and she blushed.  But you were a bit off on the stats, bro.  It is 2 parakeets, 4 cats and a dog.  I have labeled my house "The Preserve."

Ha

Everybody agree with this DCTF prediction:

21-3A

Offensive: QB Jeremy Johnson (Silsbee)

Defensive: DE Steven Cook (WO-S)

Key Game: Hardin-Jefferson @ Bridge City

1. WO-S

2. Silsbee

3. Bridge City

4. Hardin-Jeff

5. Orangefield

5. Hamshire-Fannett

Maybe a 1a and 1b. ;)

I feel like our team is just as good as last year's team and they did everything but beat WOS at their place. I still pick the Stangs to win district, but my Tigers owe them one after last year's loss.

I will make my predictions on that game after week 3. ;)

Good luck with that!

Believe me when I say that ALL of the WO-S players remember last year's game and will not take this year's matchup lightly... and ALL of the coaches and long-time fans still remember 1998.  We will be ready for you.  Silsbee generally plays us close but WO-S has come out ahead in all but two games over the past 32 years.  We plan on continuing the trend!!  We haven't lost a district game yet since dropping to 3A in 2004 and hopefully won't in 2009.

;D

Particularly since we will have our secret weapon there. ;)

One of the bigger news involves this person:

This is the hidden content, please

For one special night in Tiger Stadium!

WOS fans, be prepared. Wink

Oh, AAW.  Mustang fans will be prepared............to mob her if she does show!  So the Mustang players will never see her!  Nice try, try again! LOL!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The Schobels are just like the McCowns: gene pool is large. 
    • Columbus also has the other schobel kid that’s a LB/TE that’s committed to TCU
    • Orangefield went to state 89-90 falling to Southlake then made it to regional final in 2010 losing to Jasper
    • This will be both team’s first trip to the state tournament.
    • Chester Yellowjackets: Chester Yellowjackets  Coach: Coleman Butter (3 Years As Head Coach, 81 Career Wins) Assistant Coaches: Marty Thompson, James Tonnies, Evan Stewart 2023 Record:16-10 / 12-1 / Regional Quarterfinalist Returning Starters Cole Clark, Sr, INF (District DH of the Year) Brad Davison, Sr, Util (2nd Team All District)Waylon Sturrock, Jr, Util (2nd Team All District) Trayce Knox, Jr, Util (District Utility Player of the Year)Cutter Lowe, Jr, INF (1st Team All District) Will Thomason, Jr, INF (District MVP)Jaxon Gay, So, INF (District Offensive MVP) Jesse Bittick, So, C/P (District Catcher of the Year) Previous Games Date Game Opponent Score Record 02/19/2024 Regular Groveton Centerville Bulldogs 10-0(W) 1-0-0 02/22/2024 Tournament Douglass Indians 6-1(L) 1-1-0 02/22/2024 Tournament Gary Bobcats 12-4(L) 1-2-0 02/24/2024 Tournament San Augustine Wolves 11-5(W) 2-2-0 02/26/2024 Regular Deweyville Pirates 14-4(W) 3-2-0 02/29/2024 Tournament Dawson Bulldogs 6-2(L) 3-3-0 02/29/2024 Tournament Neches Tigers 7-12(L) 3-4-0 03/02/2024 Tournament Latexo Tigers 8-5(W) 4-4-0 03/02/2024 Tournament Apple Springs Eagles 10-4(W) 5-4-0 03/05/2024 District San Augustine Wolves 15-4(W) 6-4-0 03/07/2024 Tournament Neches Tigers 5-3(L) 6-5-0 03/07/2024 Tournament Spurger Pirates 18-2(W) 7-5-0 03/08/2024 Tournament Slocum Mustangs 13-3(W) 8-5-0 03/09/2024 Tournament Kennard Tigers 8-4(W) 9-5-0 03/09/2024 Tournament Martinsville Pirates 5-3(L) 9-6-0 03/12/2024 District Broaddus Bulldogs 4-3(W) 10-6-0 03/15/2024 District West Sabine Tigers 8-4(L) 10-7-0 03/19/2024 District Colmesneil Bulldogs 10-0(W) 11-7-0 03/22/2024 District Chireno Owls 17-7(L) 11-8-0 03/26/2024 District Leggett Pirates 15-0(W) 12-8-0 03/26/2024 District Leggett Pirates 19-1(W) 13-8-0 04/02/2024 District Burkeville Mustangs 13-0(W) 14-8-0 04/09/2024 District Brookeland Wildcats 5-2(L) 14-9-0 04/12/2024 District Zavalla Eagles 19-4(W) 15-9-0 04/13/2024 Regular Good Samaritan Home School 13-9(W) 16-9-0 04/18/2024 District Burkeville Mustangs 20-1(W) 17-9-0 04/23/2024 District Zavalla Eagles 13-2(W) 18-9-0 04/26/2024 District Brookeland Wildcats 7-1(L) 18-10-0 05/01/2024 Playoff Martinsville Pirates 10-2(W) 19-10-0 05/10/2024 Playoff Oakwood Panthers 9-2(W) 20-10-0 05/10/2024 Playoff Oakwood Panthers 18-5(W) 21-10-0 05/17/2024 Playoff Brookeland Wildcats 13-11(W) 22-10-0 05/25/2024 Playoff Neches Tigers 3-1(W) 23-10-0 05/28/2024 Playoff Neches Tigers 7-4(W) 24-10-0  
  • Topics