**Bayou Bowl - June 13th 8:00 pm Kick Off**

Local player A.J. Dugat of Dayton, and John Stelly from Hardin  are on the Texas roster.

This is the hidden content, please

8:00 PM Kick-off:  7th Annual “TEXAS-LOUISIANA ALL STAR FOOTBALL GAMEâ€

Gates Open at 7 p.m.

Ticket Prices:

Adults $10

Students Kindergarten thru 12th grade - $5

Kids under 5 free!

Prior Year Results

Texas        Louisiana

2003          32          29

2004          17          15

2005            7            10

2006            3            7

2007          15            31

2008          24          14

Local player A.J. Dugat is on the Texas roster.

John Stelly from Hardin is also on the Texas Roster as of 6/9/2009.  Way to go Liberty County.

8:00 PM Kick-off:  7th Annual “TEXAS-LOUISIANA ALL STAR FOOTBALL GAMEâ€

Gates Open at 7 p.m.

Ticket Prices:

Adults $10

Students Kindergarten thru 12th grade - $5

Kids under 5 free!

Hardin’s Stelly tapped to replace Michael

By Dave Rogers

Published June 11, 2009

John Stelly of Hardin was defensive player of the year for District 24-2A, but the two-way star is listed as a running back for the Nike Bayou Bowl.

Tuesday night, he was tapped to take the place on the roster of Beaumont West Brook’s Christine Michael, who pulled out of the game last week, so he could practice with his future teammates at Texas A&M.

Michael was one of four A&M recruits to sign up to play in the seventh annual Texas-Louisiana high school game, but the only one to bow out. Huntsville Kirby Ennis, Hightower’s Colton Valencia and Steven Campbell of Jersey Village are future Aggies playing in the game.

Stelly, 5-10 and 215 pounds and a standout linebacker, is slated to play ball at Northeast Oklahoma. His high school coach, Larry Haynes, is a former Crosby head coach and Baytown Lee offensive coordinator.

He was one of two replacement players added to the Team Texas roster. The other was wide receiver Ryan Eastman of The Woodlands.

The 6-2, 190-pounder has signed with Abilene Christian. He takes the place of Westfield wide receiver Ja’Mes Logan, a University of Mississippi signee.

•••

The Nike Bayou Bowl could be in for a first, in terms of its alumni.

Chad Jones, who went from the 2007 Bayou Bowl to be a freshman All-American on LSU’s 2007 national championship football squad, could become the game’s first alum to win a national title in two sports.

The Southern Lab graduate is in Omaha for the College World Series as a reserve outfielder for LSU’s baseball team.

Jones, who was drafted by the Astros in the 13th round in 2007, is batting .324 this season. He has appeared in 34 games, starting in seven.

The 6-foot-3 lefty has also made six short pitching appearances, compiling a 4.91 earned run average.

•••

Chance Imhoff, a member of Team Texas, finished fifth in the Class 5A 100 meters at last week’s UIL State track meet.

That came after he and schoolmate Bo Snelson, another Texas All-Star in this week’s Nike Bayou Bowl, made up one half of Pasadena Memorial’s 4x100-meter relay team that finished third and won all the runners a bronze medal.

“Me and Bo weren’t even planning on running track this year,†said Imhoff, a 6-foot, 190-pound receiver headed to Blinn College, “but our coaches pushed us to do it.

“We got better and better and took it to state.â€

Watching the Bayou Bowl now.  They were talking about a kid from Conroe named Jordan Wilson.  The game is dedicated to him because he died in a horrible accident in May.  I'm not great at putting the actual link on here, but if you want to read the story and view the video, I copied and pasted the link below.  I showed my 15-year old the video and pics because this kid had the world in his corner and one dumb mistake cost him his life.  Truly sad.

Im getting a little fed up with the Bayou Bowl!  We NEVER have any local players in the game.

Just what I remember.

This year:

Christine Michael (WB)- decided not to play

Radermon Scypion (PAM) - played

AJ Dugat (dayton) - held out for medical reasons (anemia)

John Stelly (hardin) - played

What do you consider local?

Ford Smesny (dayton) - played last year

Brandon Williams (central) played a couple years ago

One of the Chavis' also played.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124