who has the firsrt game against friendswood? Bellow or Dean?

Guest Ranger83

I would guess Dean. Bellow gives you a little "insurance" if something weird happens in Game 1.

My question would be who gets Game 3?

I would guess Dean. Bellow gives you a little "insurance" if something weird happens in Game 1.

My question would be who gets Game 3?

Both have had great years, but Bellow is the unquestioned ace of this team.  Kirby pitched Saturday so an extra days rest wouldn't hurt.  I say flip a coin,  heads you win, tails you win.

As for game 3 it would be a combination of Tyler Smith(So.), Cody Laird(Jr.), and Jacob Pitts(So.).  All are very capable pitchers and would get a lot more innings on any other team in the area.  Nederland has a bright future on the mound with these 3, but for this series I would prefer not to see them pitch.  ;) ;)

I'd go with Dean....you win game one and finish them off with Bellow. Sooner or later Dean is going to pitch. Show some confidence in him and let him get the win for us. A little run support gives any pitcher some confidence to just let it fly. This could be why I'm not coaching baseball, but if we don't trust him to win game one, why game two?

Guest zewkpr5

Not a confidence thing with either pitcher it is just a preference by a fan thats all........ Both are very capable and both will get the win......... just what I as a fan would like to see........

I am not a coach either but my strategy would be to let Dean start and if we had the game and he started to give up hits and it was in the 5th or later I would let Bellow finish and preserve the win then let him start game 2. If Dean could go the distance and get a win then I would love the odds because if you couldn't hit Dean life would not get better against Bellow.

I am not a coach either but my strategy would be to let Dean start and if we had the game and he started to give up hits and it was in the 5th or later I would let Bellow finish and preserve the win then let him start game 2. If Dean could go the distance and get a win then I would love the odds because if you couldn't hit Dean life would not get better against Bellow.

Dawgnut, you rephrased it like I should have said. I also shouldn't have used the word trust. I'll let coach decide what is best and go with that. He has done well all year.

Dawgnut, you rephrased it like I should have said. I also shouldn't have used the word trust. I'll let coach decide what is best and go with that. He has done well all year.

I hear you, it never comes out the keyboard like the brain thinks. One of these days they will have a direct link and make it easier to put your thoughts together. But on some days it would be better to stay away from the computer ;D

Guest Brubaker

I think at this point, you don't want to outthink yourself.  Only reason I don't go Bellow is the extra day of rest, that's the only reason, and it may be a good one.  Only Robbins knows, but I would think if Bellow feels strong, then there's heads on both sides of that coin he'd be flippin.

Guest Ranger83

You guys are in dream land.  Both of oyur "aces" are about to get hung with a big "L"!  You're playing Friendswood, not some GT team.

Hello?........McFly?

baddog you obviously live under a rock...texas city played in round rock the year before last, congrats your an idiot

To hear you tell it, but I know the difference between your and you're. Maybe you could take a shot at their, there, and they're....it could be mind boggling!!

Let's see, a Texas City team that played in the state tournament two freaking years ago has something to do with this year's team?

In 2005, we had the #2 team in the state behind Waco. Montgomery beat us out of the playoffs that year. Doesn't that count? By your way of thinking, it does. Now, quit resorting to name calling. It lessens any credibility you may have accumulated.....which is none.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83