Best Athlete To Come Through Setx Since 2000....

Deon Beasley

Earl Thomas

AJ Dugat

these three would get some consideration.... All three of these guys could do it all!

no doubt but you think better athletes than d-hall or chopper? ok i cant lie i have to give aj some consideration he impressed me the first time i saw him play and that was as a sophomore

Deon Beasley

Earl Thomas

AJ Dugat

these three would get some consideration.... All three of these guys could do it all!

no doubt but you think better athletes than d-hall or chopper? ok i cant lie i have to give aj some consideration he impressed me the first time i saw him play and that was as a sophomore

I'd say better than Hall but I only saw Ivory on the track... never on the football field. can't say much about him.

for some reason, Hall impressed me his junior year but not his senior year... not sure what was up his senior year... but the Jags were a mess by the time we played them in '07.

I wasn't fortunate enough to see him play, but Jamaal Charles has to be in the discussion.

From what I have seen from the games I have videoed, the best player east of Houston has been AJ Dugat, but I have only videoed the Dayton games and their opponents.

Cody Green is way up there as is the Friendswood QB, but he is not east of Houston.

For the two years Dayton was in 22-4A would have to say the Central QB at the time was the best athlete Dayton faced.

So many quality players we get to see.

If the question you are asking is BEST OVERALL Athlete it would not limit them to one sport such as football or track... So you wuold have to take into consideration how well they were in each sport which they competed in. There were many who excelled in both...

Hall was an excellent football player who suffered a serious injury and also a state medalist in track...

E. Thomas was a Willie Ray Smith Winner and a State medalist in track..

Many great athletes in SETX hard to judge them unless they go head up in each sport...

very good debate and just because a guy is really good at track doesnt make him a great athlete. dont get me wrong Ivory Williams was a great athlete but Jamal Charles was a fantastic track guy and football player. Christian Micheal needs to be on the list. Brandon Williams, Cody Green, R. Morris from Ozen??? what was his name. that guy was so explosive. hmmm Derek Hall. The guy who played running back from Central and also won the Triple Jump and ran on the spring relay David Dixon!!! that guy was 220+ and you track guys know you have to be a good and explosive athlete to do that.

You will have to think back but in 2000 and 2001 Jason Wilkins was  the best (Athlete) to come out of Southeast Texas. He is the only Athlete, that I know of, in the area to have  State Champion Rings in Two Sports ,baseball and basketball. He was also 1st team all dist. in 25 1a in  4 sports football , basketball , baseball ,track, he was the starting shortstop and picher on the 2000 State Champions Baseball team, and the MVP of the state tournament in the 2001 State Champion Basketball team. Was voted Athlete of the area by KBMT 12  in 2001, The leading scorer in the WMBL tournament of all size schools, After leaving High school he  went to played Basketball for Nichol State and lead the conference in 3 point shooting. I know some of you will not remember that far back but you did say since 2000 And you said Athlete not just a one sport man

Earl Thomas was the starting point guard for WOS basketball team his junior year, when they went to state.  He was the starting RB and DB, when they lost to Wimberly in the region 3 finals in football, and also his senior year they lost to Waco La Vega.  Not to mention he starred in baseball, and won a gold medal at state in track on the relay team.  4 sport letterman, and big time in all of them.

Guest baseball25

just because you play footbal doesn't make you the best athlete...There way better athletes than eckert,hare,beard, and hussey to come from lumberton

Guest baseball25

Hare is not one of the best athlete to come out of lumberton lol...I could name 10 better athletes than hare rightnow that has came out of lumberton.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder