**Rockets vs Lakers Series Thread**Lakers Advance!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing, so many people wrote the Rockets off. Even predicting sweeps from several people. Then Yao went down and it looked like lights out, but I knew how well these guys can play. Let's see how well they do in LA this time knowing that ''this is it''....there is no coming back to Houston. I will actually get to watch this one.

Win or lose, I will be on here talking my Rockets up. This should be the top story in sports right now..... how well the Rockets are playing the Lakers without their stars. What say ye, old great sports writers?  ;D

The story across the country though is how the Lakers could possibly choke it away more than how the Rockets are making a series of it. Unfortunately Houston does not get the pub over LA.

its the biased east coast announcers that only like the BIG name teams with BIG name players. But on jim rome is burning, i heard the first person give them credit. and also jackie McMullan on around the horn did the same... they both basically said that they think LA is underestimating the fact that even without yao and tracy that this rockets team is REALLY good. they were built for this style of play, the aggresive post defense, the scrappy play, making the extra pass to get the open shot.. this team was BUILT for this, and its ashame that they're only getting credit from TWO ppl... Lets see if we can take game 7 and maybe they'll get some credit then... But i Doubt it.. it'll still be LA choking im sure..

Isn't that really a shame? I mean, instead of David slaying Goliath, it reads Goliath forgot to duck.

Go Rockets!!

Quit agreeing with me, that is scary  :D :D

My bad. I'll be more careful.

After Kobe and Gasol, the one player that scares me is Farmar. If the Lakers are down and he is in there, he can flat out hit those 3s and erase a deficit real quick, especially if the Lakers get a stop. I'd take him on my team anyday.

My Rockets are doing something not many other teams could do without their stars, and that's win against arguably the best team in the west. Let the Lakers lose Kobe, Denver lose Carmelo, Cleveland lose LeBron, Miami lose Wade.....I don't think these teams could win without them.

I had a litle extra money this week. I sent some to LA trying to buy the Rockets a bucket, but to no avail.  >:(

I think the Lakers played a very average game (Gasol had a good one though). My Rockets couldn't hit a bull in the arse with a bass fiddle. They also made some of the stupidest passes I have ever seen. I'd pull Artest and insert Wafer. Battier couldn't hit a three. Scola couldn't hit and probably should have fouled out. Still love my Rockets, but they should have played much better than they did. They should have gotten beat by 40 again. That's why I say the Lakers played average.

I'll give the Lakers credit for holding off a scrappy Rockets squad and winning in seven games.

Hey, the Astros beat Chicago today!!!

baddgog they aren't my lakers. I always wanted the Rockets to win it, just never thought they could. I do like Kobe a lot though. I'm not a Lakers' hater like most on here and I always pull for the hometown Rockets. Just was a realist and knew LA would take the series.

Great game.....  I love the nba playoffs.....

I hope the league lets who plays the best in game 7 win.....  The nba has alot at stake with a celtics/lakers or cleveland/ lakers final......

denver or houston vs orlando or cleveland is suicide for national ratings....

This group the rockets have is FUN to watch when they have it going....

And there you have it. Lakers win in 7......great series for ratings. The NBA gods are happy because 'the plan" is still in place....Kobe vs. LeBron.

Great effort by the banged up Rockets !

baddgog they aren't my lakers. I always wanted the Rockets to win it, just never thought they could. I do like Kobe a lot though. I'm not a Lakers' hater like most on here and I always pull for the hometown Rockets. Just was a realist and knew LA would take the series.

Difficult for me to tell. Some people say,"I'm a Rocket fan but...."

Great game.....  I love the nba playoffs.....

I hope the league lets who plays the best in game 7 win.....  The nba has alot at stake with a celtics/lakers or cleveland/ lakers final......

denver or houston vs orlando or cleveland is suicide for national ratings....

This group the rockets have is FUN to watch when they have it going....

And there you have it. Lakers win in 7......great series for ratings. The NBA gods are happy because 'the plan" is still in place....Kobe vs. LeBron.

Great effort by the banged up Rockets !

Carmelo is gonna have something to say about that    ;)

baddog I'll be man enough to admit I'm not a huge fan of the Rockets but I will always support them. I'm not fan enough to see when I think they will get beat and admit it. I wish they would win all the time but I go with instincts LOL

baddog I'll be man enough to admit I'm not a huge fan of the Rockets but I will always support them. I'm not fan enough to see when I think they will get beat and admit it. I wish they would win all the time but I go with instincts LOL

You can't allow logic to enter the equation. You gotta believe.

I-F....Yao had been healthy and the format was 2-3-2, after stealing one of the first two in LA would have been interesting. It turned out to be interesting anyway.

I became a Rockets fan when Olajuwon and Sampson came aboard. I used to love the Celtics when Bird was there, so I guess that's where my anti-Lakers comes from.

I look for the Rockets to deal 'always hurt' McGrady. I look forward to adding another player like Von Wafer, or even another Battier. He played Kobe about as good as anyone.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83