PINTO DIRECTOR'S TOURNAMENT

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Cubs and Angels.  The Vidor Astros were able to pull off a win in an unbelievably close game (19-18) with the TC Storm.  Congrats to the Storm on a great game, and WOW can that that Kash kid hit the ball a mile.

I hear the Vidor teams did well over at Groves today.  I understand the Indians and Rangers won their games, and I'm not sure who won the game that had two Vidor teams playing each other. 

Thank you to the crew at Pt. Arthur for putting together an exciting environment for the kids.  I really like the music and announcing.  You guys are doing a great job.

Thanks.  It was a big win over an Elite team from Orange.  Credit to the Red Sox who showed lots of heart to fight back after we jumped ahead 5-0.

Congrats to all the Vidor Teams that are still in and everyone who has come and enjoyed the great hospitality and environment.  Pt Arthur has done a great job.

See everyone Tuesday.

I did not get to see all the games but Twin County had some big hitters in Pt Arthur spread out among the different teams.

And I hear that Orange has their talent spread out nicely too. 

However, it is hard to argue with 6 out of the final 6 teams.  I will even say that Vidor has to be the early All-Star favorites.

Last thought: It has been very nice to see so many coaches from so many different cities having fun together.  Everyone wants to beat each other on the field but no one seems to want to beat anyone up after the game.  That is unfortunately not always the case but I have seen so much positive vibes on the sidelines from almost all of the teams.  Everyone deserves a pat on the back.  I personally have really enjoyed seeing so many friendly and familiar faces this tournament.

And I hear that Orange has their talent spread out nicely too.

This is very true of the Orange Pinto Division.  The Red Sox with TGreen at the helm have 3 All Star candidates(returning All Stars) and the other 8 teams all have maybe one or two each.  There is not really a stacked team in Orange.

From the looks of this tournament, Vidor does look to be the ones to be on top this year.

:'( :'( :'( My teams didn't preform well. :'( :'( :'(

My understanding is that you scored 8 runs against the Angels.  According to my records, that is the most runs scored against them all year.  We lost to them 10-5 in league (Cubs) and the Twins (not in the tournament) scored 7.  So...congrats.

I saw some really good talent in Port Arthur this past weekend.  I feel that the real difference is the amount of kids that each community has to chose from and the fact that some leagues keep players together!!!!  Vidor and Orange keep their kids together.  I am not sure about Groves and PA, but I know that TC starts from scratch each year.  This is a hude disadvantage for the TC players and teams.  With that being said how does everyone feel that All Stars will fair.  I feel after seeing games this weekend that this is how I would rank them.  Vidor is the best by far.............as far as Orange, TC and Port Arthur I feel any of those three could beat each other.  Jefferson County is down this year.  What is the deal over there to only have one team in the Director's tourney and only two teams in the entire league.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder