Best Setx Qb since 2000?

Looking at how the scouting services are ranking Silsbee's Jeremy Johnson, one could say he is the best since 2000. He still has his senior year to go, but I don't recall any area QB since 2000 being ranked 14th nationally and 5th in the state at the QB position.

I have to agree! Dustin Long was ranked third in the state, but that was 1999. I can't remember anyone ranking as high as Johnson since 2000. And all this is before his senior season. Pretty awesome.

Rankings wise Cody Green finished the year ranked very high.

This is the hidden content, please

Rivals.com dual-threat quarterbacks 2009 (6) - national ranking

Rivals.com Texas Postseason Top 100 2009 (19) - All positions statewide

QB Rankings 2009: Best scrambler (2) - national ranking

QB Rankings 2009: Most accurate (3) - national ranking

Rushing                                Passing

Statistics           Att   Yds   Avg    TD               PA   PC    Pct    Yds      TD    Int

2006 (So.)         95    689    7.3     4                171  105  61.4   1,429   19     10

2008                 220  1,543  7.0    27               351  230  65.0   3,226   36     5

not bad for a kid who missed most of his junior year.

I have to say it...Brandon Williams was a beast at the QB position while in HS here in the SETX.  No mentioning anything he has not dun since then but he was a beast fo sho!  You saw the promise he show'd against WB his Jr season when he went 80yds the 1st play and obvisouly led the team to a district title that season too!  His Sr season was awesome as well, I believe the scoreboard at NED is still flashing after he lit them up that year!  He almost single handedly won the Vidor game after the Jags had a poor showing and Vidor played with some serious emotion along w/ the naming of the field.  He was a monster....6'5" 225lb and ran a 4.5...to bad he'd rather not play anymore...SO SAD!

I have to say it...Brandon Williams was a beast at the QB position while in HS here in the SETX.  No mentioning anything he has not dun since then but he was a beast fo sho!  You saw the promise he show'd against WB his Jr season when he went 80yds the 1st play and obvisouly led the team to a district title that season too!  His Sr season was awesome as well, I believe the scoreboard at NED is still flashing after he lit them up that year!  He almost single handedly won the Vidor game after the Jags had a poor showing and Vidor played with some serious emotion along w/ the naming of the field.  He was a monster....6'5" 225lb and ran a 4.5...to bad he'd rather not play anymore...SO SAD!

agreed that kid was pure beast....better then jeremy johnson, cody green etc and cowboy you forget he was committed to aTm

Brandon Williams was a stud but not better than Green. There are reports that Green worked out at UTs camp at WR as a Soph and was the best looking prospect at WR at any age group. Then last season he leads Dayton to a state title game.

Brandon Williams was a stud but not better than Green. There are reports that Green worked out at UTs camp at WR as a Soph and was the best looking prospect at WR at any age group. Then last season he leads Dayton to a state title game.

dude you must be crazy.....ask anyone! green is a incredible ATH but he was no bradon williams you should of seen what he did to vidor his senior year he beat vidor by himself central had some of its best years with him starting at QB

dude you must be crazy.....ask anyone! green is a incredible ATH but he was no bradon williams you should of seen what he did to vidor his senior year he beat vidor by himself central had some of its best years with him starting at QB

anyone??

Apples and Oranges as far as styles and the offenses they were a part of. Williams was more elusive as a runner, but other than that, I don't think he had a skill that stood out as being far above Green. Going by numbers I would say he wasn't even parallel, but once again... the offenses were very different. Green is the total package and was recruited as the ONLY QB in Nebraska's 2009 class. that's gotta say something about him as a QB. Williams was committed to TAMU as an athlete if I remember correctly.

anyone??

Apples and Oranges as far as styles and the offenses they were a part of. Williams was more elusive as a runner, but other than that, I don't think he had a skill that stood out as being far above Green. Going by numbers I would say he wasn't even parallel, but once again... the offenses were very different. Green is the total package and was recruited as the ONLY QB in Nebraska's 2009 class. that's gotta say something about him as a QB. Williams was committed to TAMU as an athlete if I remember correctly.

I agree. As far as those two go, Green is the better QB. His numbers and the fact that he was recruited as a QB pretty much seals it.

Guest DickVitale

Yeah he holds the record...he had a GREAT recieving corps, and Coach Louis' offense was a perfect fit too...I am not sure where he went after HS, but he was definitely a good one!

dont get me wrong cody is good but i would take brandon on my team before cody anyday

as big a jag i am, i still am not convinced brandon's anywhere close to cody when u say qb. athletically you have a serious argument. brandon was a above average high school athlete. he was in a position with the green light. size and speed beyond his compitition in this area. i wouldn't have traded him for anything. but when u say qb, that makes this topic interesting.

There really is no question here.  We are talking about QB and leading your team in that role.  Brandon was a great athlete that played the QB position as a RB.  Cody was the ultimate dual threat QB to come through SE Texas.  There is only one that has thrown for over 3000 yards and rush for over 1500 yards and account for 60 TD's.  All in the same season.

Not much discussion needed...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami