NEW GUY IN B.C.

TLB0

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't be to interesting remember these are teenagers.  The young man in question pitched against us last tuesday in the JV game.  Not sure when he will be eligable to play on the Varsity, but he is very good and should help the Cards continue the run they are on. Not sure why he relocated and it shouldn't even be brought up. Best of luck to the new player and the cards the rest of the year.

His name is Kellogg and has relocated to B.C.. He has a perfect 10 score on www.perfectgame.org which means he could be drafted out of High School. To get a 10 as a Junior is rare. Thats how good he is. He is from DeQuincy, La. Bridge City is now considered a Magnet School. ;D

Rumor is he actually came from Florida and has resided for a time in Louisiana and his Father found employment in the Golden Triangle.  He is also another D1 prospect, supposedly.  BC is a nice place to consider moving into and they take their diamond sports quite seriously.....Welcome!

As a Junior now, he too can beef up the Cardinal team next year-- for a  strong playoff statement.

What would keep him from playing right now?

Guest Silsbee88

I maybe wrong on this but I think if he is not a senior he is in eligible to play on varsity for one season.

He just has to be released by his previous school.

Best I understand, he has to be released by his previous school first, then he has to wait until the 7th calender day following the earlier of either a 3 week progress report or a six week grading report that shows he is passing in Texas.

I maybe wrong on this but I think if he is not a senior he is in eligible to play on varsity for one season.

He just has to be released by his previous school.

Best I understand, he has to be released by his previous school first, then he has to wait until the 7th calender day following the earlier of either a 3 week progress report or a six week grading report that shows he is passing in Texas.

This is correct. Silsbee had a basketball player this year that moved in from Louisiana and he had to wait. He played 3/4 of the season on JV, then when became eligible, he was moved up to varsity. He is a junior.

see what happens when you get past just $40 and a mule?...Things begin to happen...

I see a booming 3A farm system down east of us...Bobby Bouche is seriously considering coming out of semi retirement and stepping in as a coach for all the D1 prospects, since he no longer has to worry about the fooseball.  It is said one of the strongest draws for Bouche's farm system is his wife, Vickie Vallencourt, who retained her first name after having trouble spelling "Bouche".  Coach Bouche has stated that he in no way, has any affiliation with any "Redbirds" because Cardinals give him the red a....well...you know.

It is said that one of the local elementary schools has a "pre-D!" prospect, who, as a 3rd grader, knocked out his teacher, who is a dead ringer for Colonel Sanders of "KFC" fame.  The young man in question, whose name has been withheld pending contract negot.... ummmm, uuuhhhh..."job offers for his father" is said to have used a regulation size and weight wad of paper to knock the teacher out, with paper wad speed said to have reached the low 80s.  Singeing was found on the edges of the paper wad, leading some to beleive that the object may have touched the low 90s.

Other local coaches have reservations about using farm system players, citing ethical concerns?  "Are they raised in humane conditions?" asked the head coach of the local Orange Texas high school that has an "ursaite" mascot.  Other coaches, such as the head coach of the local equine representative, asked if they were house broken, since a coaches time is so taken up with classes, coaching, training, and oh yes, an attempt at a family life, that baseball player feral behavior would be difficult to break...

(INSTRUCTIONS FOR READING:  plant tongue firmly in cheek, and go look up the words "parody" and "sarcasm")   

see what happens when you get past just $40 and a mule?...Things begin to happen...

I see a booming 3A farm system down east of us...Bobby Bouche is seriously considering coming out of semi retirement and stepping in as a coach for all the D1 prospects, since he no longer has to worry about the fooseball.  It is said one of the strongest draws for Bouche's farm system is his wife, Vickie Vallencourt, who retained her first name after having trouble spelling "Bouche".  Coach Bouche has stated that he in no way, has any affiliation with any "Redbirds" because Cardinals give him the red a....well...you know.

It is said that one of the local elementary schools has a "pre-D!" prospect, who, as a 3rd grader, knocked out his teacher, who is a dead ringer for Colonel Sanders of "KFC" fame.  The young man in question, whose name has been withheld pending contract negot.... ummmm, uuuhhhh..."job offers for his father" is said to have used a regulation size and weight wad of paper to knock the teacher out, with paper wad speed said to have reached the low 80s.  Singeing was found on the edges of the paper wad, leading some to beleive that the object may have touched the low 90s.

Other local coaches have reservations about using farm system players, citing ethical concerns?  "Are they raised in humane conditions?" asked the head coach of the local Orange Texas high school that has an "ursaite" mascot.  Other coaches, such as the head coach of the local equine representative, asked if they were house broken, since a coaches time is so taken up with classes, coaching, training, and oh yes, an attempt at a family life, that baseball player feral behavior would be difficult to break...

(INSTRUCTIONS FOR READING:  plant tongue firmly in cheek, and go look up the words "parody" and "sarcasm")   

"sarcasm"...I'm not gonna believe his spit wad hit 90 unless he actually had a gun on him.  ;D

"sarcasm"...I'm not gonna believe his spit wad hit 90 unless he actually had a gun on him.  ;D

Well...actually...there was a gun on him...Deputy B. Fife was called in after the incident, and drew his "Red Ryder" service revolver, and had the kid covered...

Deputy Fife is still trying to get the jammed BB cleared after the kid threw a paper wad at him, and in a feat of precise ball placement, put the wad right in the barrel...

IMO the kid threw in the mid to lower 80"s. He is very good at placing the ball where he wants which alot of kids lack these days. He also has a nasty breaking pitch. He does not throw 90,watch Matt Hicks and you can see the difference.This kid is gonna be a great asset to Coach Landry. He should fit right in to the program with all the other hard nose dedicated ball players at BC.Good Luck!

lol...elhector1  Love the post. 

Like I said in my post I could be wrong and I was.  I was told that he has to wait said amount days and he has to get a waiver signed.  I stand corrected.  I also saw him pitched last week against the Bears and our guys were hitting off of him but they did struggle some.

Where does he play when he's not pitching  ???

there is a strong possibility that he will be working the concession stand when the Cards are at bat, taking time out only for his at bat.  in the field, he will be 1st2nd3rdSSCRFCFLF, and in an attempt to show the kinder side of BC baseball, will also coach 1st and 3rd for opposing teams..,

refer to my earlier caveats for clarification...

Where does he play when he's not pitching  ???

there is a strong possibility that he will be working the concession stand when the Cards are at bat, taking time out only for his at bat.  in the field, he will be 1st2nd3rdSSCRFCFLF, and in an attempt to show the kinder side of BC baseball, will also coach 1st and 3rd for opposing teams..,

refer to my earlier caveats for clarification...

Wow ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont