12:03pm Stephen F. Austin vs. UT-San Antonio (ESPN2) SFA WINS!!!

Guest DickVitale

Its still the SOUTHLAND conference... ::) I would not go THAT far, but they will nonetheless have a shot....a LONGSHOT, but a shot...The Southland should have to play in the play-in game in Dayton!! :D

Guest coachacola

The SLC has been competitive in the NCAAs as a 14 or 15 seed.  Here's the recent history:

Last year UTA pulled the upset of SFA and with a 185 pomeroy rating and 16 seed lost to Memphis by 24.

in 2007, TAMU-CC had a 124 pomeroy rating and lost to Wisconsin by 13 as a 15 seed.  TAMU-CC actually led most of that game and Wisconsin had to rally to beat the Islanders.

Northwestern State upset Iowa in 2006 as a 14 seed and a 105 pomeroy rating, then lost by 13 in th 2nd round.

In 2005, SELA was a 15 seed and lost by 13 to Oklahoma State.

This year SFA has a 95 pomeroy rating so they should get at least a 15 seed, probably a 14 seed.  The SLC is definitely a lot better than the teams in the play-in game, and are only a LONGSHOT as a 16 seed.

Went to the game and it was FUN. ;D

How big was the crowd? Didn't seem too big of one on TV, that's the thing that eats me up. Lamar would pack that place if we made the championship game.

Went to the game and it was FUN. ;D

How big was the crowd? Didn't seem too big of one on TV, that's the thing that eats me up. Lamar would pack that place if we made the championship game.

2571 is what was listed on the box. Was asking today and someone told me that last year to be held in Katy. Yea was looking in the program and Lamar has won the title what three times?

Its still the SOUTHLAND conference... ::) I would not go THAT far, but they will nonetheless have a shot....a LONGSHOT, but a shot...The Southland should have to play in the play-in game in Dayton!! :D

You must not follow much college hoops - the SLC has vastly improved as a conference as is acknowledged in the conference's RPI. We are definitely not the SWAC (who is an annual participant in the play-in game) nor one of the other typical play-in participants...

Guest coachacola

He probably believes the JUCO champ from the league LSC-PA plays in would get a higher seed than the SLC champ does if they were allowed to participate in the NCAA tourney.

Guest DickVitale

Yep. Navarro and Paris would beat LU by 40!!!!  ;).....Blinn, Trinity Valley, Lon Morris and Tyler would beat em by 20!!! ;)....Heck those teams could all make the SLC tourney, too!  :D SLC is a J-O-K-E!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    malir
    Newest Member
    malir