HJ/Cleveland at Kountze at 7:30pm

I know some fans may be partial to current and past silsbee teams but from top to bottom and night in and night out that was the best Silsbee team of all time and in my view one of the best teams setx has ever seen.

Great compliment Spinks.  I wish there was a way of truly comparing teams over large spans of time other than just speculation.  That team was definately the deepest I can remember seeing.  Playing the starters the first 4 minutes of each quarter i believe then the next 5 the next 2 minutes and the last 3 with 2 starters the last 2 minutes.  As far as Silsbee teams that one would be hard to argue with,  but I would like to know how they would have played with the team that went to state from Silsbee in the 80's.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spinks

I know some fans may be partial to current and past silsbee teams but from top to bottom and night in and night out that was the best Silsbee team of all time and in my view one of the best teams setx has ever seen.

Great compliment Spinks.  I wish there was a way of truly comparing teams over large spans of time other than just speculation.  That team was definately the deepest I can remember seeing.  Playing the starters the first 4 minutes of each quarter i believe then the next 5 the next 2 minutes and the last 3 with 2 starters the last 2 minutes.  As far as Silsbee teams that one would be hard to argue with,  but I would like to know how they would have played with the team that went to state from Silsbee in the 80's.

It is so rare to have the combination of speed with the guards and the bigs.  Lew Arline could run up and down the court with the guards.  Their pg who was either sweet lous cousin or brother was a great leader and Thaydeus........well he was just AWESOME.  There bottom five could have started in most 4a schools in the state.

The Silsbee team from '98 playin the Silsbee team from the 80's? Uh, don't think it would be fair!  ;)

Hard to say that team was pretty good too not sure it was near as deep though had all american Darrell McArthur his brother Lloyd, Farrell Artis, Delton Harper, Wade Richardson not sure of the other starter although I had just read his name in an article.  I seem to remember some quality on the bench but not as many.  Some size and speed but still not sure about ncompeting with 98.

yep should have won state that year....

Shoulda ,coulda, didnt.... you can always tlk about wut couldve been, but in the end they didnt win it and thats all that matters...

I don't think this comment was necessary. Show some dignity, please.

ahh calm down.. it was a joke... ppl are so uptight on these things.. its the internet guys lighten up.. didnt mean to ruin your day over a comment on the computer... my bad.. hahaha

It is nice to see HJ and Silsbee conversing without argument.........however this is a HJ against Cleveland thread!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes thought of that with the last post.  But now with H-J basically having home court I didn't figure it was worth talking about.. :-X :-X :-X  I mean now ya'll will just kill em..  ;) ;)  i mean I almost wish I could be there to see it but I have to see my Tigers.

It is nice to see HJ and Silsbee conversing without argument.........however this is a HJ against Cleveland thread!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes thought of that with the last post.  But now with H-J basically having home court I didn't figure it was worth talking about.. :-X :-X :-X  I mean now ya'll will just kill em..   ;) ;)  i mean I almost wish I could be there to see it but I have to see my Tigers.

If all goes as expected, you shouldn't miss much!  ;D ;D ;D

Guest stevenash

We could always discuss some dunks

I know nothing is a given.. really just giving you a hard time. But I do feel that this game won't be as tough as some think .nn I think Cleveland will crack under the pressure at some point.

i agree.. cleveland is an good team, but there only problem is gonna be lack of experience with a 5 sophmore starting lineup... i think we will wear them down much like we did navasota

Hard to say that team was pretty good too not sure it was near as deep though had all american Darrell McArthur his brother Lloyd, Farrell Artis, Delton Harper, Wade Richardson not sure of the other starter although I had just read his name in an article.  I seem to remember some quality on the bench but not as many.  Some size and speed but still not sure about ncompeting with 98.

I think Kevin Dodd was a starter...Wade "Zap" Richardson came off the bench.

If I am wrong AAW will straighten me out. :D :D

If you guys are talking about the '83 state tourney team, the starters were Lloyd McArthur, Ferrell Artis, Delton Harper, Darrell McArthur, and Donald Jackson. Wade, Terrell McArthur, Kevin Dodd, Gary McGuire, and Wilson came off the bench.

If you guys are talking about the '83 state tourney team, the starters were Lloyd McArthur, Ferrell Artis, Delton Harper, Darrell McArthur, and Donald Jackson. Wade, Terrell McArthur, Kevin Dodd, Gary McGuire, and Wilson came off the bench.

I forgot about DJ...but then again I forgot alot of things that weekend in Austin from the head trauma. ;D ;D

The Silsbee team from '98 playin the Silsbee team from the 80's? Uh, don't think it would be fair!  ;)

[/quote The '98 team vs the '79 Team (30-3) would be a better game: David Green, Dexter Wallace, Keith Holmes, Ira Brooks, Robert Gaines, Michael Elam....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124