Nederland's future stars

garrett

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 87CRU79

That's what I've also been told by a player from the team. He's concerned about his health and future for baseball, which is what he plans to pursue in college.

Tyler Smith performed well in the 2nd half of the CE King game. And with a productive off season, he'll be fine.

Guest 87CRU79

Maybe AJ25 was brutal in his assessment, but he does bring up a valid point. Bellow does not take hits well! Not that you want your QB taking hits, but its nice when he can dust himself off and go back to slingin!

Bellow is a great kid and I have had the privaledge of knowing him for awhile. But just from chit chats w/ players and coaches, he doesn't progress through his reads very well and can be indecisive under pressure. Most of his plays were called to one WR, and if he wasn't open, chunk it up to 21. That's not gonna work this next season when Asa is at LU. So it makes perfect sense for a kid who doesn't like contact and wants to stay healthy for baseball to make the transition to WR. Now nederland can take the necessary precautions to groom a new guy under center.

I think when all is said and done that he will still be the QB. Tyler Smith is a very capable replacement and may actually be more accurate if given the chance. It would be interesting to see Kirby at another position, but I think he'll still be the starting varsity QB.

Guest 87CRU79

WR do take hits, but not as many as a QB in a pass oriented spread offense.

Say we throw 40 times a game, that's 40 possible times he'll get layed out. A WR may only be thrown to a handful times a game, which means he may get hit around 3-5 times a game...maybe more.

He has also lost 3 offensive lineman, one of which was way overrated (that's a whole other topic). Point being, he wants to stay healthy so he can pursue a college career in baseball, so let him change positions.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• From the article:   "In some ways, the dispute over the 2000 presidential election will never end. Witness Vice President Biden's comments Wednesday about predecessor Al Gore. "This man was elected president of the United States of America," Biden said at a fundraiser that Gore also attended. "No, no, no. He was elected president of the United States of America." WOW!!  And no one was indicted for questioning the results an this election.  Amazing how times have changed.   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up @Big girl  @UT alum  @CardinalBacker  @Boyz N Da Hood         What say you?!
    • What you are failing to realize is this….. you act as if the only reason this person committed this heinous crime is because of bump stocks. My realization is that he would have done it anyway. Bump stocks did not create this crime, he did. You need to learn where that line really is. 
    • If you want bump stocks banned, you are going to need Congress.
    • This is my point, made initially.   We, as gun owners, should demand accountability from those who manufacture and sell these things.  But instead we argue "but it's our RIGHT to own them," thereby insuring that another mass killing happens in the future.  At which point in time we'll wring our hands, offer thoughts and prayers, say how it's not a gun that kills, but rather a hard heart that kills.     Gun manufacturers and sellers don't mind threats from people who were never going to buy from them anyways.  If actual gun owners were to threaten a boycott of businesses that produce/sell bump stocks, they'd disappear from the market.  But instead we take the losing side of an argument on philosophical grounds.   We don't need the feds with more regulations or congress to pass new legislation... we, as consumers control the market.  What's available, etc.   WE, as the actual customers of weapons should be using our voices to determine what is produced/sold by the gun industry.  
    • This is insane. What a waste of a football career for this young man. A sophomore and has already run away from two situations where he could compete for the job. Unfortunate, because I heard they were high on him in BH, but it's unreasonable to think a school like BH would designate a Sophomore as their starter in the Spring of his Freshman year. Pitiful. 
  • Topics