Coldspring 58, WO-S 45 - F

KFDM COOP

Guest stevenash

It's hard for you 21-3A guys to imagine lowly District 22 knocking one of your guys off, isn't it...?   ;D

Hmmm -  Lets see about this.  2006- West Orange Stark in Final Four In Austin  2007- Hardin Jefferson in Final Four In Austin  2008- Silsbee in Final Four in Austin

Wouldn't you say that it is reasonable to conclude that this is a pretty good basketball district or is that many consecutive state appearances by a district commonplace?

I'll most likely get flamed for this post, but oh well...  I'm not disputing the success that 21-3A has had, nor am I saying that the district is not a powerhouse at the top.  It's just that some of us from outside the Golden Triangle get tired of some of the posters on this board who are more interested in running down everyone else for not being in 21 and who seem not to get the fact that there are other folks out there in the world who also play good basketball.

That just makes it all that much sweeter when someone from 22-3A does beat someone from 21-3A.  Am I going to go on a big rant about how great 22-3A is just because Coldspring beat WO-S and Cleveland beat Silsbee earlier this year?  No, of course not.  The body of evidence over the past several seasons shows that 21 has pretty much dominated 22.  But I am going to enjoy that at least for now, there's no thread on here about 21-3A sweeping 22-3A out of the playoffs.  Could that still happen next week, with the possibility of Cleveland-HJ and Coldspring-Silsbee matchups?  Sure it could.

Either way, congrats Coldspring on the big win last night.  Liberty, you guys gave it your all last night, too.  (There were some concerned looks on the faces of the Hawk Hecklers at halftime.)

Now let's see how much of a hornet's nest I've stirred up...  ;)

Ulrich,

please show me where there are threads saying that 21 is the best district.  One person said they were surprised that WOS lost and the inference is that the top 3 teams in 21 are very battle tested so they were surprised that they lost in the playoffs.  That doesn't mean that people think 21 is the "end all be all".  Those that know, were not surprised by the outcome last night.  Coldspring always has great athletes and competes very hard. 

You are really bothered because there are a lot of fans on here from 21 that support their teams?  Given the location and origination of this board why would you?  This board primarily serves the districts of the Beaumont area.  Not saying that there is not talk about other districts or shouldn't be but, c'mon.  Fans are fans and they are going to support their teams. 

You must remember, we are not all coaches. ;)

I'll most likely get flamed for this post, but oh well...  I'm not disputing the success that 21-3A has had, nor am I saying that the district is not a powerhouse at the top.  It's just that some of us from outside the Golden Triangle get tired of some of the posters on this board who are more interested in running down everyone else for not being in 21 and who seem not to get the fact that there are other folks out there in the world who also play good basketball.

That just makes it all that much sweeter when someone from 22-3A does beat someone from 21-3A.  Am I going to go on a big rant about how great 22-3A is just because Coldspring beat WO-S and Cleveland beat Silsbee earlier this year?  No, of course not.  The body of evidence over the past several seasons shows that 21 has pretty much dominated 22.  But I am going to enjoy that at least for now, there's no thread on here about 21-3A sweeping 22-3A out of the playoffs.  Could that still happen next week, with the possibility of Cleveland-HJ and Coldspring-Silsbee matchups?  Sure it could.

Either way, congrats Coldspring on the big win last night.  Liberty, you guys gave it your all last night, too.  (There were some concerned looks on the faces of the Hawk Hecklers at halftime.)

Now let's see how much of a hornet's nest I've stirred up...   ;)

Kudos to you Ulrich

Guest stevenash

Now let's see how much of a hornet's nest I've stirred up...   ;)

Don't worry about getting flamed.  Am sort of lonely out here.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder