Game 2 (LAST TUE) *Silsbee vs. HJ Updates...HJ Wins!!!!!!!!!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice

the few silsbee fans on here so far have been classy... i guess tomorrow will tell the tale.  CONGRATS HAWKS!

I'm still grieving.  I'll try to post when I collect myself. :'(

Congrats HJ! Yayy for excuses from Silsbee fans! Because we all know they are coming. BTW HJ fans please don't get the big head yet! its still district

No excuses here...HJ made the plays and the Tigers did not.

Good to see someone like this. I applaud you Tiger Dad.

Congrats HJ! Yayy for excuses from Silsbee fans! Because we all know they are coming. BTW HJ fans please don't get the big head yet! its still district

This rivalry is good for SE TX...Like I said in a earlier post.

This is what HS Basketball is all about.

Me too! thank you from all of us Tiger Dad.  ;D  ;D If they were all like that....

Congrats on a great game Hawks.  I am of the young guys hitting some shots and FT's late in the game when the tide could have turned.  HJ wanted it more tonight and they took it.  Silsbee was red hot from downtown and that is what kept it close when HJ looked as if they would pull away taking a 7 point lead early in the 4th  and then taking a 6 point lead late in the 4th.  Silsbee just kept banging in the long ball.  They must have hit 10-12 of them tonight!!!!  I saw nothing but class from a MOST of the Silsbee players after the game.  You guys fought hard tonight.  Prentice not being there was a big difference for the Hawks.  The real difference was attacking the basket and not settling for jump shots.  Also making a higher percentage of FT than they have made lately.  Congrats on being District Champs for the 24th time!!!!!!

Guest tigersvoice

Congrats on a great game Hawks.  I am of the young guys hitting some shots and FT's late in the game when the tide could have turned.  HJ wanted it more tonight and they took it.  Silsbee was red hot from downtown and that is what kept it close when HJ looked as if they would pull away taking a 7 point lead early in the 4th  and then taking a 6 point lead late in the 4th.  Silsbee just kept banging in the long ball.  They must have hit 10-12 of them tonight!!!!  I saw nothing but class from a MOST of the Silsbee players after the game.  You guys fought hard tonight.  Prentice not being there was a big difference for the Hawks.  The real difference was attacking the basket and not settling for jump shots.  Also making a higher percentage of FT than they have made lately.  Congrats on being District Champs for the 24th time!!!!!!

Whoa!  I believe that is a co-championship.  Watch it, Lazeek. ::)

Guest stevenash

I will grant you that a Silsbee player missing had a significant impact.  At the same time, I will also say that this was offset substantially by the  Silsbee point guard going 5 for 6 from NBA three point range and the fact that the HJ point guard was out of school today with the flu and had to be spelled regularly due to his inability to breathe.  Can't blame the refs because they were the same three that did the last game.  Congratulations to Shannon Robinson on an outstanding performance.  At the same time, I also must say that one particular player for the home team was spouting trash at the fastest and most consistent pace possible and did so even when his opponent had his back to him going down the court.  He made a special point of catching up and getting his face about 3 inches from his opponents face and continued his tirade.   That was all pretty impressive until he missed 3 of 4 crucial free throws in the closing minutes.  I noticed the "conversations" dwindled substantially at that point.  There is probably a lesson to be learned in this instance.

this was an incredible game... great job HJ you guys made the adjustment from game 1 and found a way to win thats the way its supposed to be... silsbee played thier hearts out but you cant win them all... play off time now.... if we give the same effort tonight from both teams i predict another regional final showdown... wouldnt that be somethin??

I totally agree with you Tiger Dad, I love games that are that good, we all knew we were in for a surprise when you see the JV teams play and they look as good as some of he Varsity teams that I have seenthis year. Great Rivalry, two great teams both sides with passionate fans, it just doesn't get any better than that.

I will grant you that a Silsbee player missing had a significant impact.  At the same time, I will also say that this was offset substantially by the  Silsbee point guard going 5 for 6 from NBA three point range and the fact that the HJ point guard was out of school today with the flu and had to be spelled regularly due to his inability to breathe.  Can't blame the refs because they were the same three that did the last game.  Congratulations to Shannon Robinson on an outstanding performance.  At the same time, I also must say that one particular player for the home team was spouting trash at the fastest and most consistent pace possible and did so even when his opponent had his back to him going down the court.  He made a special point of catching up and getting his face about 3 inches from his opponents face and continued his tirade.   That was all pretty impressive until he missed 3 of 4 crucial free throws in the closing minutes.  I noticed the "conversations" dwindled substantially at that point.  There is probably a lesson to be learned in this instance.

Yeah, make the free's.

Lazeek says it all. I totally agree with your outlook of this game. Congrats HJ and Coach Sutherland, job well done.

Guest tigersvoice

I totally agree with you Tiger Dad, I love games that are that good, we all knew we were in for a surprise when you see the JV teams play and they look as good as some of he Varsity teams that I have seenthis year. Great Rivalry, two great teams both sides with passionate fans, it just doesn't get any better than that.

Very good, Pappabear.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed