Lamar vs. Texas State Updates/LU FALLS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KFDM COOP

Guest coachacola

Harper was in a car accident after the third game and hurt is knee.  He missed about 6 weeks.  Dawkins was injured in the McNeese game and although he hasn't missed any games, according to newspaper reports he doesn't practice much between games.  Worrell has been injured a few times, most recently in the SFA game.  He came down hard on his tail bone and missed most of the 2nd half in that game.  Custer go injured in practice I think a few weeks ago.  I think McThay, Hall and Brown have been healthy the whole season.  Williams was in Roc's doghouse for a little bit due to attitude problems.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Injuries, no injuries, in game, out of game, who cares!!!!!!!!

They likely over achieved last season and now expectations are high.  We are not recruiting great players or even really good players and our coaching is not that great either.  Something needs to be changed.  I am not saying that Roc needs to go, but something has to change.  We are not even competing in the SLC right now.  The knock on Deane was that he recruited players that would graduate and were some what competitive and that was not good enough.  Now we are recruiting the same type of players and would bet they are not graduating like in the years past. 

Players who left prior to graduation:

Davis

Daniels

Barrow

I am sure that there are others as well.

I said all of that to say this:

LU WAS JUST AS COMPETITIVE 7 YEARS AGO UNDER DEANE AND GIOVANNE AS THEY ARE NOW AND KIDS WERE GRADUATING!!!!!!!!  Now kids are dropping out of school!!!!!  RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Here is my thoughts on your post lazeek... Yes maybe we over achieved last year.. but that over achievement was more than Deane or Giovanni achieved in their tenure...

Roc has done a decent job of bringing in some decent talent.... I hope that it continues to turn around... He has drawn in bigger crowds than any other coach that we have had...

I agree the talent is better.......no question!!!!  However the results are no different!!  Results are what people want......the fan could careless if players graduate or not.  My thing is if we are no better than we were 7 years ago then the university is at a stand still and not progressing.  At least players graduate back then!!!

BTW....although it was Deane's first season....they did win the conference and make it to the NCAA!!!!!! 

Results are what people want......the fan could careless if players graduate or not.  My thing is if we are no better than we were 7 years ago then the university is at a stand still and not progressing.  At least players graduate back then!!!

If your players do not graduate - your APR will not allow you into the postseason, which from what a little birdie told me - was the goal of your program. Got to find the balance somewhere.

Oh boy...Mike Deane?

Horrid season their first year and got hot at the right time. After that, which should have been his golden years, they were a bust and he's sucked at Wagner ever since. Neither program has room to talk.

All I was saying is that the program is not better now than it was then!!!!!!

Okay, now that I see several of you are beginning to see what I've been saying all along about LU, lets get back to talking about them ;D

Oh yeah, you guys watch whats going to happen after the season.  When you have a losing season, the basketball staff have to talk about how their players are graduating.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed