Selling beer at high school games- whats up with that

Guest 1motime

Its all about the money they could care less about it being high school football thats whats wrong with the pro level now MONEY a poor man cant enjoy a pro event anymore they cant afford to go. It wouldnt matter if it was a baby pagent they would sell beer

Guest GoStangs

So long as they weren't selling to underage people, I don't see the problem. Either they sold it and people bought it, or they had it for sale and people didn't buy it. Whatever the case, their ability to sell anything is contingent on what people will purchase at a high school football game. If adults decide they want to drink beer and watch high school football at Reliant Stadium, that's their call.

So long as they weren't selling to underage people' date=' I don't see the problem. Either they sold it and people bought it, or they had it for sale and people didn't buy it. Whatever the case, their ability to sell anything is contingent on what people will purchase at a high school football game. If adults decide they want to drink beer and watch high school football at Reliant Stadium, that's their call.[/quote']

I agree with you 100%.

Alcohol should never be sold at a high school game. However, Nederland, PNG, LaMarque, and Brenham surely knew that Reliant would sell beer. So, if this was to be prevented, the schools could have played the games in another stadium. This was the call of the schools involved. It's a risk schools should not take, IMO.

Guest 1motime

Alcohol should never be sold at a high school game. However' date=' Nederland, PNG, LaMarque, and Brenham surely knew that Reliant would sell beer. So, if this was to be prevented, the schools could have played the games in another stadium. This was the call of the schools involved. It's a risk schools should not take, IMO.[/quote']

It was never sold at the ASTRODOME at high school games. And they sold beer!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree it's in poor taste (shoulda been Miller light instead of Bud hehe)[relax, just a pun]. Alcohol should be omitted from any High school event. Heck, you can't even smoke anywhere on school property, you gotta go outside the gate, and alcohol is worse, so the UIL should step in and negate any sales.

With that said, i never saw anyone w/ a beer either, so it wasn't much of a prob.

BTW, do these venues have any consience at all???

3 sm drinks, 1 popcorn & 1 nachos......$27!!!!! There oughta be a law against that.

If you don't want beer sold' date=' then don't play at an NFL stadium. And besides that, if you don't want to drink it, don't. It's all about the atmosphere when you play at places like that, have a good time, beer or no beer.[/quote']

Great statement Tuna. I like the way you think.

The taps were suddenly pulled after 1/2 time and since it was Miller Lite, not a big deal to me. I think someone finally pulled the plug.

I wished it had been available for the PNG game, would have made it easier to watch that whipping.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder