Selling beer at high school games- whats up with that

Guest 1motime

Jody and I supported the schools and drank beer :D It was kinda funny you should have seen the people around us when we came back with beer' date=' I thought everyone was going to kill their selves trying to get up to the food stands :D[/quote']

We even bought one for Griff but he never came to collect.... :D:D

Jody and I supported the schools and drank beer :D It was kinda funny you should have seen the people around us when we came back with beer' date=' I thought everyone was going to kill their selves trying to get up to the food stands :D[/quote']

We even bought one for Griff but he never came to collect. I guess he was in Dayton learning something about real football.... :D:D

Guest 1motime

I agree it's in poor taste (should been Miller light instead of Bud hehe)[relax' date=' just a pun']. Alcohol should be omitted from any High school event. Heck, you can't even smoke anywhere on school property, you gotta go outside the gate, and alcohol is worse, so the UIL should step in and negate any sales.

With that said, i never saw anyone w/ a beer either, so it wasn't much of a prob.

BTW, do these venues have any consience at all???

3 sm drinks, 1 popcorn & 1 nachos......$27!!!!! There oughta be a law against that.

I agree that's why I went with a full belly :D

I agree that's why I went with a full belly :D

Your not the only one. The PNG fan behind me had at least 3 or 4 bottles of Burbon before he arrived. You talk about funny! He would yell "Pass the Ball....Pass the Ball" then Brenham would intercept and he would yell "What are you an Idiot" (for Passing the Ball)....... I had my very own PNG play-by-play guy who told me everything that happen on every play...........all in slirrrrrrrrrr :D:D

• 1 month later...

griff wrote:

Alcohol should never be sold at a high school game. However, Nederland, PNG, LaMarque, and Brenham surely knew that Reliant would sell beer. So, if this was to be prevented, the schools could have played the games in another stadium. This was the call of the schools involved. It's a risk schools should not take, IMO.

I agree with you griff. School events is no place for alcohol.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu