BH 23 Wharton 6 Final

KFDM COOP

Guest GoStangs

My statement is based on past knowledge of Wharton -- they are generally a strong team, and I expected them to put up more of a fight than what the score indicates. Coming out and playing like that against BH, who I saw and consider a very weak team, doesn't say much for the Tigers.

Guest Bridge City Card

I mean nothing bad to BH and i hope ya'll have a great season. But i was at the game scrimmage and i just didn't see any size or speed on the Hill. Every team improves and maybe you guys will as the season progresses.

I can say that the last two years I have seen BH play and no that don't have an overflow of talent and size. But, they seemed well coached and played hard. Very much a blue collar team that gets everything they have out of their athletes and they do have some that can play. You can make up a lot by having discipline and heart.

I can say that the last two years I have seen BH play and no that don't have an overflow of talent and size. But' date=' they seemed well coached and played hard. Very much a blue collar team that gets everything they have out of their athletes and they do have some that can play. You can make up a lot by having discipline and heart.[/quote']

Totally agree with that assesment. Those BH kids work as hard as anyone. Weight room and discipline win a lot of games for them.

Here is the write up of the game.

After a sluggish start, Barbers Hill got untracked and opened the season with a 23-6 victory over Wharton. The Eagles will travel to Jasper next week to take on the Bulldogs. Jasper lost to Livingston Friday night in their season opener.

For the Eagles, Todd Patton put BH on top with 11 seconds in the first quarter on a 12 yard run. In the second period, Barbers Hill recovered a fumble deep into Tiger territory and capitalized when Nick Coggin kicked his first FG of the year from 24 yards. That would be all of the scoring in the first half.

In the 3rd quarter, the Eagles recovered a Wharton fumble on the kickoff but was unable to move the ball. But after holding the Tigers, BH began a march and ended with Michael Davis making a nice catch, run and then diving into the endzone for a 22 yard touchdown pass. The PAT was no good due to a bad snap. But the Eagles weren't through for the 3rd period. Linebacker Joe Sexton grabbed a deflected pass to start Barbers Hill on their last scoring drive. BH took just 2:34 to march about 68 yards. Todd Patton once again for pay dirt this time from 2 yards out. Coggin once again connected on the PAT for a 23-0 BH lead.

In the 4th, Wharton put together a nice drive. QB Joel Ansley mixed some short passes and good runs in marching down the field. Ansley eventually throw an 8 yard pass for the TD. The Tigers went for two but Todd Patton stepped inside the receiver to bat the ball away.

The Eagle defense had a great game. Twice Wharton threatened to score but came away with nothing. In the first half, the Tigers drove to the BH 13 yard line but their drive ended when Jonathan Delgado stepped in front of an Ansley pass for an interception. Then in the fourth quarter, Wharton has a 2nd and goal at the BH 2 but failed to score. An Eagle defender stripped the ball away from the runner and Barbers Hill recovered the football in the endzone for a touchback.

Offensive stat leaders for BH were the Patton brothers. Todd rushed for 128 yards and 2 TDs. Blake passed for 109 and 1 touchdown.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83