SETX Sports Fishing Tournament?

bullets13

There's been some talk about having a setxsports meet and greet, but what do you guys think about a fishing tournament?  i think it would be pretty cool.  we could either make it a saltwater tourney, or go up around the lakes area and have a bass tourney.  a modest entry fee would cover any costs incurred to put it on.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that saltwater might be easier to put on and attemd for most people. I think that a majority of our regular posters are more local to the Golden Triangle and in easy driving distance of saltwater. A trip to the lakes would be a lot more driving time for most people. I like either but the saltwater would seem to be easier to arrange.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im all for it...fresh and saltwater...freshwater would do well at Rayburn...

I'd like to make it a big event eventually...with our reach it could happen

If there was prizes or money involved, it would be fairly easy to be a big event. Not so much to start but if you start getting enough entries, sponsers start coming in.

Im all for it...fresh and saltwater...freshwater would do well at Rayburn...

I'd like to make it a big event eventually...with our reach it could happen

If there was prizes or money involved, it would be fairly easy to be a big event. Not so much to start but if you start getting enough entries, sponsers start coming in.

I'm in fresh or salt.  There are several areas local that support both fresh and salt. Need to decide approximately when......spawning season is getting close.......and I'm all over that at the lakes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest beat-em_deep

Lake Sam Rayburn ..tournament outta the Walter Umphrey Pavaillion/ Public boat ramp =)

all i have is a Ranger 520 =)

so freshwater all the way!!! make it a 2 man team tourney 5 fish limit

• 2 weeks later...

I have fished enough of them I am sure I could figure it out.  If I could get some help I would be happy to get this going. The first thing is to is advertise this in the forum and get some commitments.  Then we could figure out an entry fee and prizes.  I bet with some help we could get some local companies to sponsor some giveaways.....

Guest beat-em_deep

okay 83Alumni is great at organizing tournaments yall should PM him ... if any1 on here has ever fished the Triple "S" Bass tournaments he is the one who puts them on!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin