SETX Sports Fishing Tournament?

bullets13

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freshwater does have that appeal for many people whoever.......

Saltwater is much closer for most people in the Golden Triangle, it can be done from many places on the bank for people without a boat and it can be done for more than one fish.

I know the tournament will be in freshwater, I am just sayin'.................

On the other hand, I just bought me a brand new 8 wt flyrod on Saturday at Bass Pro Shop in Pearland. Looks like a great bass outfit. Y'all might be in trouble if I can find a boat to fish out of.

We had a company spring bass tournament about 20 years ago at Six Mile on Toledo (last bass tourney that I fished). I showed up with my partner and we had a couple of spinning and casting rods in the boat but we also had about half a dozen flyrods.

Naturally we got a few snickers and teehees as we pulled away in our 16 foot flatbottom aluminum boat. The snickers weren't quite to prevalent when we won the tournament. I think we weight in 9 fish (out of 10 possible) and 7 of them came off of the flyrods including our biggest.

freshwater would be better because some people dont like putting there boats in saltwater. Rayburn would be a good place to do it at because its big and theres enough room for everybody to move around. Freshwater would be great

I for 1 feel just the opposite...WW

From my opinion, if it is a setxsports.com tournament, there needs to be at least one member of the forum in the boat.

I don't see this as a big deal tournament but a gathering of a few of the posters on this forum for friendship purposes and meet our friends and antagonists. For that reason, I don't see a reason to invite members of the public at large. Maybe I'm wrong................

Anyone else?

Guest beat-em_deep

From my opinion, if it is a setxsports.com tournament, there needs to be at least one member of the forum in the boat.

I don't see this as a big deal tournament but a gathering of a few of the posters on this forum for friendship purposes and meet our friends and antagonists. For that reason, I don't see a reason to invite members of the public at large. Maybe I'm wrong................

Anyone else?

i Agree!

Guest beat-em_deep

we could have like a pro-am style a random draw team tourney where you have some boaters then some co-boaters and the night b4 the tourney you draw to see who your fishing with! this way the people that dont have a boat could fish too!

i moved from florida this year and been teaching and coaching in lumberton.  love to fish but no boat - in florida could wade the indian river (saltwater) for reds, snook and trout, and fish bass in my canoe.  where do u go to fish these parts if youre a poor boy with no boat????? 

Village creek has some bass in it if your around Lumberton......you can rent a canoe for about $35.00 for a day. I want to do that this summer. Last summer I figured out where bass hang out in a creek.....different than a lake for sure.  Your other choice would be saltwater off the bank. You can read some post on this topic and find some locations. send me a PM, I live in Lumberton and coach as well.

how do u send a pm?      i went out to village creek and fished for bass - didnt get any hits, i was using a zara puppy shiner color silver and black.  i slay the bass with that lure in florida but nothing.  whats a good artificial to use around here hippy?

how do u send a pm?      i went out to village creek and fished for bass - didnt get any hits, i was using a zara puppy shiner color silver and black.  i slay the bass with that lure in florida but nothing.  whats a good artificial to use around here hippy?

In village creek, find the cuts with cypress knees. I fished a spinner bait (white) and did well. A texas riged or wacky worm should do good as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin