*Dayton vs. Sulphur Springs State Championship Predictions/2pm Alamodome!!*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey what do you think dayton is going to do about the passing game s.s. is going to deliver.!.!. I mean the broncos will shut that run down but who do you guys think they will have to use to pressure that qb. Every time that number 4 is in he makes things happen hopefully the coaches will use him to that advantage. Not taking anything from the starting front but that guy is pure speed when he's on the line. Does anyone know if any colleges are looking at him? ???

Rangersfan 87'

well of course they'll use Jace, but they'll also be using my homeboy Shane McQueen (greased lighting) and Ryan Young our outstanding runningback, just no that if Dayton focuses on blocking our passing game, we'll run it in the in-zone, and vice/versa. They'll have the best chance having a well rounded defensive setup, i probably shouldn't be giving pointers to the enemy so ill shut up now lol

Oh and from what I know Jace has been looking at Baylor i think

And a little something, Our star QB Tyrick Rollison needs to work on his grades before he should think about a DI school, the reason he couldn't play Basketball is because he failed.

And SS is the visitor again to answer that other guys question, we've amazingly been visitors 6 times in a row

Hmmmm ???

well of course they'll use Jace, but they'll also be using my homeboy Shane McQueen (greased lighting) and Ryan Young our outstanding runningback, just no that if Dayton focuses on blocking our passing game, we'll run it in the in-zone, and vice/versa. They'll have the best chance having a well rounded defensive setup, i probably shouldn't be giving pointers to the enemy so ill shut up now lol

And a little something, Our star QB Tyrick Rollison needs to work on his grades before he should think about a DI school, the reason he couldn't play Basketball is because he failed.

And SS is the visitor again to answer that other guys question, we've amazingly been visitors 6 times in a row

No man, #4 is one of Dayton's back-up D-Lineman that gets after the QB.  From the sounds of it...they'll be plenty of sub 4.5's on the field Saturday.  Anyone actually have any info on 40 times from the home team?  Got Cody and AJ because they're all over the prep sites.  2,10,15 all have wheels and well does anyone run faster than 6?  35 aint slow by any means either...not a burner but man that kid is a football player...football speed is what he's got.  5 looks like he's got sub 4.6 wheels along with 20.  

If Defense truly wins championships, chew on this for a moment.

Last 10 weeks Dayton has not given up over 28 pts in a single game.

Last 10 weeks SS has given up over 30 pts. 5 times.. Once they gave up 59 in one week.

Just food for thought.

SS usually on has the ball for an average of 15 min a game,scoring drive lasts around 2 min, thus the defense is on the field most of the time. SS doesn't know how to make a time comsuming drive, they just score quick. Just food for thought.

No man, #4 is one of Dayton's back-up D-Lineman that gets after the QB.  From the sounds of it...they'll be plenty of sub 4.5's on the field Saturday.  Anyone actually have any info on 40 times from the home team?  Got Cody and AJ because they're all over the prep sites.  2,10,15 all have wheels and well does anyone run faster than 6?  35 aint slow by any means either...not a burner but man that kid is a football player...football speed is what he's got.  5 looks like he's got sub 4.6 wheels along with 20.  

For SS #7 Rollison runs a low 4.6, #1 McQueen, #4 Young and #5 Hall all run in the 4.4's. They said they clocked #4 at a 4.39, but I don't know if I believe it or not unless it was done electronically.

If Defense truly wins championships, chew on this for a moment.

Last 10 weeks Dayton has not given up over 28 pts in a single game.

Last 10 weeks SS has given up over 30 pts. 5 times.. Once they gave up 59 in one week.

Just food for thought.

[/quote

Everman the #2 team in state bragged last week about their defense also and they actually had impressive numbers. Points allowed averaged around 12 per game the most they had given up in one game was 25 all season and that was in the playoffs. Then bam! 47 just like that. Keep feeding that thought.

Hopefully the spirit of Sam Houston will invade Broncoland as he loved this area of Texas and bring good tidings to the Alamo    dome. :D :D :D

Not to get into a historical lesson here, but Sam Houston decided to go nowhere near the Alamo and hauled butt in the direction where all of us Daytonites call or called home. He kind of stayed away from there, LOL!

For SS #7 Rollison runs a low 4.6, #1 McQueen, #4 Young and #5 Hall all run in the 4.4's. They said they clocked #4 at a 4.39, but I don't know if I believe it or not unless it was done electronically.

We always get to hear about how slow our kids are from everywhere...yet I have no clue what anyone's 40 time is.  Somehow we were able to run with Brenham who suppossedly had 8 guys at 4.4....funny I didn't see much speed from them at 35-7 in the second quarter.

"Finally, the coach wanted to clear up once and for all why the Broncos are playing in the Alamodome.

Let’s clear this up now,†said Stewart. “You had four teams last week that had to settle on a sight. My choice, if it came down to playing Sulphur Springs was SFA (Stephen F. Austin in Nacogdoches). Sulphur Springs did not want to play at SFA. So, Sulphur Springs decided they wanted to flip home and home – them in Texas Stadium and us somewhere in Houston. Well, we couldn’t find a neutral sight. Most of the schools have closed their stadiums down and were too lazy to do anything about it, so we couldn’t find one. It came down to the fact that Sulphur Springs wanted to be inside. The only school that would have really benefitted from playing in the Alamodome was Kerrville Tivy, but it was the only place all four schools, Dayton, Tivy, Everman and Sulphur Springs could agree on.â€

The coach explained why he was holding out for SFA. It was a truly neutral site between Dayton and Sulphur Springs and close enough to each they could drive up and play the same day.

“I was also trying to look out for our community,†stated Stewart. I really want them to get to the game, but some things are just out of my control and we all could decide on San Antonio, so that’s where we’re going to be.â€

No matter who they play or where they play, it’s for the State Championship and for the Dayton Broncos it’s a first."

Get real huh? I bet u $10 my broncos get em in a hell of a lot closer game than ten points :)

This will be a knockdown drag out fight and whoever wants it more is going to walk away. BOTH teams are going to have to play mistake free football I respect SS no doubt beating everman earned that, but I believe that aj cody and the rest of the broncos will be just tooo much for SS I say broncos by 2 or 3 pts.

Ever met a 13-1 team that didn't think they had a chance?  Please, they're a good team but so are we.  

"Intelligent and refined" is what they say their board is all about.  Somehow "Intelligent and Refined" means our team is better than yours because you haven't played anybody and we've played in the toughest district in the state.  Ladies and gentlemen, let's not kid ourselves here...one thing I KNOW because I live there is that East Texas (whether south or north) is far from "Intelligent and Refined."  

Wait, maybe it is true...I hear Ralph Lauren is planning to move all of his design operations to Longview to "be in touch with the more civil side of humanity."  Word is that Harvard is opening an Executive MBA program because of the "glut of intelligence" from Texarkana to Lufkin.  I guess I stand corrected...

Please, venture outside of your hole before making a ridiculous statement like that..."Intelligent and Refined"... Anyone in Beaumont/PNG/Nederland/Newton/Kirbyville/Orange/LCM etc... want to be known as intelligent and refined??  Country boys...I can see that...rodeo tough guys...yep..."Intelligent and Refined."  Uh no...

SS is claiming to be intellegent and refined? I saw an article on their QB and he was sporting his tattoo's. Nothing against tat's, I have some myself. I have been to SS and I actually saw a bull that escaped from their rodeo arena, running the streets. Then I saw about 10 cowboys on horses chasing it through downtown. Is that intellegent and refined? I also know that 2 of the cowboys chasing the bull were from Dayton and one was from Hardin. I just happened to be a witness.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder