We need to have a "Meet the Poster" dinner!

Guest rykerx144

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest band of brothers

you guys are defeating the whole purpose of blogging....to remain anonymous, so I guess everyone is going to change their screen name. knowing everyone is taking the fun out of what this site is meant for! instead of insulting each other and having fun, you guys want to put a face with a name and then pretty soon hanging out on the weekends, I'm sorry guys, lame idea. you might as well have web cams now! ???

you guys are defeating the whole purpose of blogging....to remain anonymous, so I guess everyone is going to change their screen name. knowing everyone is taking the fun out of what this site is meant for! instead of insulting each other and having fun, you guys want to put a face with a name and then pretty soon hanging out on the weekends, I'm sorry guys, lame idea. you might as well have web cams now! ???

I take it you will not be there ?

I think I can speak for the owner in that this site was not created just for people to throw insults and remain anonomous. That's what has led to the demise of our competitor sites.

This site is far more than that. If you can't realize that, you're here for the wrong reasons.

LAME IDEA, NOW YOU CAN ALL HAVE WEB CAMS AND HANG OUT ON THE WEEKENDS ???

:o :o  HECK NO !!!  on the webcam.  My ex-wife put a webcam on our computer...that's why she is my EX !!!

(Can't wait to hear Bullets and Buc's comments to THAT!!)

Only kidding guys.  I just wanted to interject some funny before this thread turns into a cyber-fistfight  ;D

Guest setxgal

This isn't forum Posters Anonymous....we have screen names so that we CAN be anonymous, but we don't have to be....and after posting for a while, it becomes somewhat like an extended family, so why not get a chance to put a face with a name....if one chooses!

but I try not to say anything on here that I wouldn't tell someone to their face, so it will not change my defending of my arguments or condoning someone else good points, etc.

I like the idea...if you're a chickenbleep and want to remain unknown...don't come.  I just happen to want to meet ROT since I've been yappin' in his ear for a good while now.  Most of us are on this site to support our towns and our teams and to talk a little junk along the way.  The thing we have in common is we like High School Football...this isn't AA.  We'll be in a public place to so I'm sure everyone will be civil...but don't worry we can still talk junk to each other's faces as well :P!

The whole point of forums is not to remain anonymous although that is a benefit to some. If a member doesn't want to meet other members then great. There are others out there that would like to meet their nemesis or maybe a like minded poster. For them, that is great also. People aren't stupid for falling in either category.

Different strokes for different folks.

That's chickenbleep IMO but do whatever you want.  ROT better not come screenameless...and save me a seat.

Any idea where we're going to have this?  I'll be more than happy to help organize it.  Someone put me on the "Meet the Posters Dinner Committee."  I do live and work in Houston so give me a little advance warning.

I like the idea...if you're a chickenbleep and want to remain unknown...don't come.  I just happen to want to meet ROT since I've been yappin' in his ear for a good while now.  Most of us are on this site to support our towns and our teams and to talk a little junk along the way.  The thing we have in common is we like High School Football...this isn't AA.  We'll be in a public place to so I'm sure everyone will be civil...but don't worry we can still talk junk to each other's faces as well :P!

Well said

Ok ryker, where is it going to be?  I am ready!  The whole point of going and having your screen name on your shirt doesn't give away who you really are.  Introduce yourself as your screen name...I've done it on more than one occasion and people refer to me as Lefty99 when I see them.

Guest rykerx144

i have a call in to the manager at the catfish restaurant in silsbee,  they was out a few days and Im trying to get the meeting room scheduled.  If any one has any other ideals let me know,  so far Ive heard the schooner and that is it? 

won't there be a lot of laughing and carring on at this function if some of the arguementive posters turn out to be related to each other?There are 255 families w/My last name reg.in the marriage lic.dept.in Hardin Co.And my 5 times GGF was one of the 1st settlers to call Honey Island home as I have his will dated 1826.1 of 7 families reg.by the US Census 1860 for Lib.& Hardin Co.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami