Lake Travis vs. Friendswood/UPDATES/LT ROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest TravelingBandsman

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on a great season, Friendswood.  Your guys never quit trying.  Dayton, congrats on the win.  I am glad we did not have to match up again this year.  Now, let's both take to the finale!

WHAT????...We were thrilled you guys were in DI!!  Although last year we should have given you guys a better game and played again I'm sure we would, I'm pretty sure y'all still win.  First play of the game...that bomb where the kids makes some sort of jumping backflip one handed catch (alright not quite that much).  Point is I don't think he makes that catch but 20-25% of the time...y'all were tough enough to stop...didn't need y'all catching any breaks either ;) ;).

That would have made for an interesting game and much respect for the Bronco's. Two teams the Mustangs played this season are playing for a State Title, that is pretty cool in my opinion. Here is one mustang fan rooting for the Bronco's to bring the title home to Region III. Good Luck and  hope we see you next year.

I havn't seen him play yet, but he obviously has talent to put up those stats and win Gatorade player of the year; however i watched film over him in our field house, and he didn't do much more than I have seen Jacob Karam do.. don't blow up on me, but did they even play a difficult schedule?

you've gotta watch the offense as a whole. It's a trip how people look at Gilbert and don't realize when he rolls out his running under half speed, but no one's even close to sacking him. Fellas, that means his line is blocking. And if you give him this kind of time to roll out, he kills you with presission passes.  8) 8)

:-X

Hey Dayton, didn't mean we wanted to avoid you.  Just meant you had a great team last year, as did we, and one of us did not get the chance to go to state and enjoy the experience.  Was glad we did not run into the same bottleneck again because I think this years LT team is much better than last years.  Not trying to be arrogant, just didn't think it would be right for the community as supportive as you guy's fans were to have to try to top this team two years in a row.  I just don't think your team matched up well with LT.  Good luck at state.  Congrats on the win over Tivy.

Lake Travis vs Longview next week

Well if anyone in 4A has a shot to beat Lake Travis, I would have to say Longview has the only shot.  And its not really even a great shot.  LT is definately going to give the Lobos all they can handle and more.

I've been haten to much on FW and forgot about the LT v HP game last year for the state championship.  LT was beat in that game and one dropped pass there at the end of the game cost HP the win.  It can be done.

I would have predicted that the FW offense would put up more points on the board...

Into the wind Karam wasn't having much luck, with 4 dropped passes from his top receiver. The first play in the 2nd quarter with the wind, he thew like a 60 yard touchdown pass. Also, cole fumbled after a 30 yard screen, and then fumbled once more in the rezone. It didn't seem like Fwood showed up ready to play (except 85).. that is just me though.

Edit: I gave credit to both teams in my previous post, I was just letting BMT know what i thought after watching.

any team can be beaten on any givin day. look at everman ??? ???

Yeah, that's back to back years.  They look REALLY good against lesser teams but it seems like they have trouble when they run into a team that can handle their defense and what they do.  Tough time adjusting it seems, but 14-1 is 14-1 so they did something right.  I really wanted to see them against Dayton at state just because we've heard so much about them.  Plus they line up and run it down your throat and I haven't seen that type of team beat Dayton in 2 years.  ROT, I didn't GO to the Lumberton game either...said I haven't SEEN it ;) ;).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder