Lake Travis vs. Friendswood/UPDATES/LT ROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest TravelingBandsman

I will be the first to admit that LT is a huge favorite. And I will come eat crow if it is served, But we have to play the game to see.

I think that FW will give LT a better game than anybody gives them a chance to. Stuff happens on the field: Gilbert blows out a knee on the 2nd play; Aggie ghosts recognize a longhorn and curse him with a case of hives; who knows?

Are they human? YES. That means they can be beat. The gods of karma may strike them down after laying 70 on Killeen. Maybe many of you get your dearest wish and we lose by 40. But it comes to this: We get to try, our kids get to go on that field and lay it all on the line. I think many of you have lost sight of the fact that these are teenage boys, playing their hearts out and busting their butts. Give them the respect they deserve and applaude their efforts. Wish them luck and send them on their way. If you dont like some of our fans..Well...I dont like some of our fans either, or some of yours. Dont denigrate what these kids are doing because somebody yanks your chain.

I hear that about some fans.  Seems like that is true all over the state.  As for LT dropping off if Gilbert is injured, there won't be much of a drop off.  His sophomore backup, Michael Brewer, is probably about as good as Garrett was as a sophomore, just hasn't had the opportunity to play as much as Garrett did.  He has never lost a game and led the team to the last three touchdowns last week.  We are looking forward to coming to Kyle Field to play the Mustangs.  Lake Travis had little respect last year when the playoffs started.  You have to earn it on the field.  They earned it by knocking off the highly touted teams like Tivy, Calallen, Dayton and Highland Park.  This year their nondistrict games were against 3 5A teams and Evangel Christian from Louisiana.  Two of the other teams from their district played in the quarter finals.  The fourth was barely knocked out by Tivy who plays Dayton this weekend, so they have played some good teams this year.  Still you don't win championships by rankings or reputations.  Until the time has expired on the scoreboard and you are still down to the other team, you still have a chance.  That is why LT will not be taking Friendswood lightly this Saturday.   The Cavs are determined to repeat this year, so all I can say is "Bring your A game."   ;D

Sunrise:  Check your messages....by the way, great post!!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dissenting view...interesting.  Someone's got to beat the champ to be the champ...if Friendswood beats Lake Travis they become my pick to win it all.  To have made it this far PROVES any of the four remaining teams can win it.  I still think LT beats Friendswood in a shootout 52-38 and moves on to the championship. 

A dissenting view...interesting.  Someone's got to beat the champ to be the champ...if Friendswood beats Lake Travis they become my pick to win it all.  To have made it this far PROVES any of the four remaining teams can win it.  I still think LT beats Friendswood in a shootout 52-38 and moves on to the championship. 

Thank you, I'm tired of people calling 40 point wins, for a team to make it this far means you obviously have a talented group of kids..

Honestly Breezy I think that's in the realm of possibility.  FW could win this in a close game but won't blow LT out.  LT has the potential to drop a 40 point win.  I know y'all are tired of hearing it, I just think you'll come away from this game really impressed with LT and with the feeling that there's no shame in losing to a team this good.  IMO.

Kyle Field. Saturday Dec 13. See Ya There LT.

We get to lay it on the line and see how it works out. You are defending state champs with a perfect record. Much Respect. We get to see if we can earn a little respect along the way too. We have a few players of our own that might have a say in the end.

We will be tailgating in Aggieland. AND, we will stay for the whole game no matter what the score. See you there Cavaliers. ;D

Okay someone out there remember I said this. Longview wins the D1 state title this year. Lake Travis is a great team, but those Longview athletes are just too much.

OK, I'll remember.  But you Lobos had better focus on Guyer till after Saturday night, not LT.  Right now we are worried about getting past Friendswood.  We don't get that done, we don't see anyone in Waco next week.  I will be sitting at home crying in my beer watching college football instead of yelling for the Cavs to finish a perfect season.  :'(  Friendswood obviously has a very good team.  And if Leach is after their QB, I am confident he can sling the ball with the best of them.  That makes them dangerous.  We are all about playing this Saturday.  See ya Saturday FatDaddy.  We are looking forward to the game.  Two more days of work.  That's going to take forever.

Has anyone seen the facilities for Lake Travis, they put some college programs to shame. They have an indoor practice facility and a weight room that is state of the art. I have much respect for Lake Travis and have no doubt they are a good team, and I have no "but" here. They have to show up and play just like Friendswood does and I hope it is a good game. Stranger things have happened. Take last night for instance. Snow dropping on my home in Friendswood. Yep snowing in Houston and upper 60's in New York City. Strange things are happening.

Fact is they(Lake Travis) have so many players they will just wear you down.I thought alot of J.Karum and his QB skills until I read a article in Chron.Com where a reporter quoted the young man as saying he was gonna do his best to see that the game would be over in 1 hour so the fans could get their kids back in time for a Christmas parade thing.What does this say:Halftime takes up 30 min.alone.I do not think the Mustangs will board a bus at the half and not return to the field.Nor will Lake Travis concede after 2 quarters.If the mustangs can get to Gilbert and cause some turnovers,play flawless mistake free football and keep the cavaliers in poor field position they can pull off a upset and have a great parade with the bus in the middle.

Fact is they(Lake Travis) have so many players they will just wear you down.I thought alot of J.Karum and his QB skills until I read a article in Chron.Com where a reporter quoted the young man as saying he was gonna do his best to see that the game would be over in 1 hour so the fans could get their kids back in time for a Christmas parade thing.What does this say:Halftime takes up 30 min.alone.I do not think the Mustangs will board a bus at the half and not return to the field.Nor will Lake Travis concede after 2 quarters.If the mustangs can get to Gilbert and cause some turnovers,play flawless mistake free football and keep the cavaliers in poor field position they can pull off a upset and have a great parade with the bus in the middle.

It is called sarcasm. Give me a break and what would that comment have to do with his QB Skills. The article was about the controversy surrounding the parade in town and he made a sarcastic comment.  Get a sense of humor.

Guest LTCAVS76

I have not seen FW play, but I've seen all 28 straight wins by LT. My son is a second string OL, he is 6'-7" 320 lb, that tells you a little bit about the depth of this team.

I know that FW is well coached and that can go a long way, so I'm not gonna talk any smack. Good luck to both, should be a great game.

I have not seen FW play, but I've seen all 28 straight wins by LT. My son is a second string OL, he is 6'-7" 320 lb, that tells you a little bit about the depth of this team.

I know that FW is well coached and that can go a long way, so I'm not gonna talk any smack. Good luck to both, should be a great game.

Good gracious!!!

I'm glad I don't have to feed that kid.

Whatever the remark was suppossed to say,Lake Travis does not need any other reason to dismantle the mustangs.It is now going to be a longer day ahead for Karum.I think ya'll had a slight chance before giving the cavaliers another reason to come after Karum,and they will come just a tad bit harder now.There is a scarcastic remark that will be realistic

Good gracious!!!

I'm glad I don't have to feed that kid.

WOW!!!!  Thats a BIG kid!!!!

Has anyone seen the facilities for Lake Travis, they put some college programs to shame. They have an indoor practice facility and a weight room that is state of the art. I have much respect for Lake Travis and have no doubt they are a good team, and I have no "but" here. They have to show up and play just like Friendswood does and I hope it is a good game. Stranger things have happened. Take last night for instance. Snow dropping on my home in Friendswood. Yep snowing in Houston and upper 60's in New York City. Strange things are happening.

Look at this:

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

Would be nice to have this at ANY high school!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder