Lake Travis vs. Friendswood/UPDATES/LT ROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest TravelingBandsman

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LT will still have to stop this high powered offense. I don't believe LT have athletes like Central had. With that being said, this will be a shootout with LT coming out on top.

FW - 43

LT - 56

Thanks for the respect :), someone give this guy +1 karma.

Lake Travis - 38

Friendswood - 24

LT will still have to stop this high powered offense.  I don't believe LT have athletes like Central had.  With that being said, this will be a shootout with LT coming out on top.

FW - 43

LT -  56

Thanks for the respect  :), someone give this guy +1 karma.

Lake Travis - 38

Friendswood - 24

LT puts up more than 38...FW is pretty good but just trust me...you're going to see a team like you've never seen before.  They've got a talented defense but they don't seem to concentrate on it like they do their offense.  They're going to try and shut down your best skill player and their whole goal is to make you punt once because they think they can score every time.  FW can put some points up but you'll have to play a perfect game and catch some breaks but MAYBE you can pull off the biggest upset of the year.  Having seen both teams more than once, I just have a hard time seeing FW keep up in this one.  Good luck.

Yeah, well I saw the Central vs. Friendswood game being high scoring, but it wasn't so i'm thinking to see a little of the same, but maybe not. And on that upset of the year.. how about the #1 team who lost last night? Crazy.

I didn't...this will be a high scoring game.  They average 49 and give up 15 or so.  They'd put up 40 on ATM...alright they're not that good...but I bet they'd score.

They played a tampa 2 mostly and they go to a nickel versus the spread as their base defense.  They'll go to a dime on third down.  The middle of the field will be open and they have a bit of a hard time against the run between the tackles out of the spread.  They are big, fast, and athletic and will make you sustain drives to score.  They also do a good job of making you 1 dimensional.

Just about everybody including God I think didn't give Central a chance (other than the Jags fans) to beat Friendswood but they almost did it. Central has a good squad and impressed the heck out of me with there defense.

I think the same can be said for Friendswood's chances this coming weekend with LT. They will be serious underdogs and that could be to there advantage. Maybe they could use a similar game plan that Central had in place for Friendswood. Ball Control. I think if Friendswood can run the ball and keep Gilbert off the field then they may have a chance.

Just about everybody including God I think didn't give Central a chance (other than the Jags fans) to beat Friendswood but they almost did it. Central has a good squad and impressed the heck out of me with there defense.

I think the same can be said for Friendswood's chances this coming weekend with LT. They will be serious underdogs and that could be to there advantage. Maybe they could use a similar game plan that Central had in place for Friendswood. Ball Control. I think if Friendswood can run the ball and keep Gilbert off the field then they may have a chance.

Ok, last year, I know you guys beat Dayton but last year Dayton had one of, if not the top ranked Defense's in the state going into the LT game.  Dayton's defense was just dominating teams and Dayton was even picked to win by some but I've seen FW's defense play and have seen what they have done in the playoffs.  I know, I know, any team can be beat on any given night BUT......FW is going to see what the next level is all about.

LT 56 - FW 10

They played a tampa 2 mostly and they go to a nickel versus the spread as their base defense.  They'll go to a dime on third down.  The middle of the field will be open and they have a bit of a hard time against the run between the tackles out of the spread.  They are big, fast, and athletic and will make you sustain drives to score.  They also do a good job of making you 1 dimensional.

Easy Lee Corso or Kirk Herbstreit......You sure are an expert on scouting.  You make it sound so easy.....all this nickel and dime package talk.  You should work for the Patriots so that they don't have to video other team's signals...lol.  Honestly, did you play QB in high school or in college? 

Friendswood is a good team, no doubt. But, I assure the Friendswood faithful that by the middle of the second quarter reality will have set in. After halftime you'll will be hopeful and then it starts all over again. LT is a better team than you can imagine and it will take seeing it to believe.

LT's defensive stats are deceiving and will lull you into a sense of confidence. It will be the best offense you have seen and probably the toughest defense as well.

LT by 30.

Anything can happen in high school football but for Friendswood to be in the game w/Lake Travis for 4 Qtrs.would be only if Garrett Gilbert were to have to leave the game early for some reason or be ill game day.The mustangs will need to sustain long clock eating drives and cause some mistakes by Lake Travis.Lake Travis by 14 @halftime-by 30 in the end.

Easy Lee Corso or Kirk Herbstreit......You sure are an expert on scouting.  You make it sound so easy.....all this nickel and dime package talk.  You should work for the Patriots so that they don't have to video other team's signals...lol.  Honestly, did you play QB in high school or in college? 

Most of the people on this website could have told you the same information.  Some people want to know what sort of offense and defense they're going to see before the game starts along with hoping their team scores 1 more than the other guy's. 

I will be the first to admit that LT is a huge favorite. And I will come eat crow if it is served, But we have to play the game to see.

I think that FW will give LT a better game than anybody gives them a chance to. Stuff happens on the field: Gilbert blows out a knee on the 2nd play; Aggie ghosts recognize a longhorn and curse him with a case of hives; who knows?

Are they human? YES. That means they can be beat. The gods of karma may strike them down after laying 70 on Killeen. Maybe many of you get your dearest wish and we lose by 40. But it comes to this: We get to try, our kids get to go on that field and lay it all on the line. I think many of you have lost sight of the fact that these are teenage boys, playing their hearts out and busting their butts. Give them the respect they deserve and applaude their efforts. Wish them luck and send them on their way. If you dont like some of our fans..Well...I dont like some of our fans either, or some of yours. Dont denigrate what these kids are doing because somebody yanks your chain.

That may be true but it just means that they're that much more rested.  FW, you have a great team but you're unfortunately on the wrong side of the bracket.  You probably beat 2 of the remaining 3.  Who knows, with all this talk about how good they are LT may let you down, but they're going to put it on you and if you make a mistake they'll put it on you again.  They play the game like they're playing on the X-Box. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder