*Central vs. Friendswood Quarterfinal Updates/Friendswood Escapes*

That would be where you sat during the FW/Dayton game, right?

Just a minute dude...you're the same guy that posted threads about JK being the only real QB around and various other posts disrespecting all the other teams around here.  Then you get out here and call Central fans hypocrits?  Get over yourself man and don't be surprised when everyone roots against your team.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you Central fans are about as myopic, disingenuous and hypocrtical as possible. 

You spend all week on this site disrepecting and trash-talking the FHS team, attacking anyone and everyone who has a different opinion, getting more vitriolic as the week passes, acting like GT football teams are God's gift to the sport, and making sure to dare the FHS fans to make sure we get back on this site Sunday (because you are so rediculously overconfident of a win). 

During the week your coach is silly enough to openly disrepect the FHS players in the local newspaper; which your fans pick up on and publish on this site. 

Then, your kids go out and play a great game, but get beat (yes, they got beat).  But, you can't accept it and so you have to blame the field, the refs, the FHS players parent and fans, and so on and so forth.

Then, rather than congratulate the FHS team that just beat (yes beat) your beloved Jaguars, you continue to disrepect and trash-talk the Mustangs -- sometimes using foul language.  But,what you don't realize is that what you are really saying to your beloved Jaguars (and, indirectly, to your beloved Broncos) is that you're not even good enough to beat a team that we think can't hold a candle to LT!  Do you really think it makes the Central boys feel better to read/hear about how lousy you think the FHS team is?  Think about you sore losers!

Then, whgen the FHS fans come back on the site -- as we were dared to do -- you say we're classless?  Look in the mirror. 

Are we rubbing it in a bit?  Yes.  Do you guys deserve it?  You bet!

Get over it!  Go Mustangs!!!!!!

If you haven't noticed, this is a setx site. So, setx fans come on this site to pep up their respective teams. It's one thing to tell me your teams going to beat mine, but another to get angry b/c I feel my team has a better chance than your Houston media gave them. You get mad cause setx fans don't agree and you call us pathetic. That's a direct insult. And why because we disagree. And also, the game proved us right. Your team didn't win by 12 or nine as Dave Campbell predicted or as lopsided as you thought. But you know, it's good to know that there are classy people in friendswood. You kinda had me thinking,"is this how friendswood fans are." I know because of classier friendswood poster, your kind is just a vast few. Congrats on the victory Friendswood

FrindswoodFan,

I didn't play football, I don't watch football, I don't even LIKE football, I went to a high school that hasn't made the playoffs in football in YEARS, but is you didn't notice we are from SETX we will support OUR SETX teams no matter what...If you don't like the way we talk, act, joke whatever I suggest you find a forum for Friendwood Fans ONLY, your comments were read and now it's over you need to stop fighting a losing battle us SE TEXANS stick together.

Also I remember your COCKY attitude on the volleyball forum about how Friendswood would win state...you never let us know how that crow tasted  :)

Congrats Central from Orangefield on an amazing season, and CONGRATS FRIENDSWOOD ON THE WIN!

::)

it's just his nature.  he makes the same types of disrespectful comments in the soccer forum as well.  he'll come on here and gloat about his team winning, or a SETX losing, then blame everyone for making excuses, and then feign offense when others attack his posts and character.  don't worry about it, he won't be on here next week after LT beats them by 40.  until then, don't waste your time trying to reason with him.

I hope Friendswood wins State, then Central will know they got beat by the best!   ::) ::)

You know, normally you automatically wish the team that beat you well. That's normally natural for me. But man this guy will turn a entire region against his team. He does so much damage to his team. He make it easy for you to not wish them well that's 4sho.

I hope they will have to play the refs like we did.

Couldn't be prouder of Central.  Yall had an excellent run in my opinion were the better team tonight.  Yall have nothing to be ashamed of.  Friendswood will get there a**** handed to them next week vs. Lake Travis.

The game should have been settled on the field between kids and coaches, not by refs favoring a certain team for whatever reason.

One of the rich spoiled kids had daddy buy him a victory. The samething happen to Ozen a few years back.

All of you are just disrespecting Central and Friendswood by putting it on the refs, why don't any of you point out the disrespect Central fans are throwing out there?

I don't get why most GT fans are getting so upset with a couple of fans from FW for gloating over a win.  There are fans from several local teams who do way more gloating over a win than these two have (and I'm not excluding Ned fans in this group).  Yes, I was pulling hard for Central and hoping they would move on to the next round but unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.  No matter how you slice it, the Jags had a great season, a most impressive post-season, and the backing & support of pretty much all of Southeast Texas.  Congrats again on an outstanding run!! 

And congrats to FW on the hard-fought victory. 

As for next week, maybe LT will beat FW and maybe they won't.  Like Bobcat05 said, we should all be hoping that FW wins state, despite some the comments made here.  I am just hoping for a good, clean game by both teams with no injuries to either side.  Best of luck guys.

I don't get why most GT fans are getting so upset with a couple of fans from FW for gloating over a win.  There are fans from several local teams who do way more gloating over a win than these two have (and I'm not excluding Ned fans in this group).  Yes, I was pulling hard for Central and hoping they would move on to the next round but unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.  No matter how you slice it, the Jags had a great season, a most impressive post-season, and the backing & support of pretty much all of Southeast Texas.  Congrats again on an outstanding run!! 

And congrats to FW on the hard-fought victory. 

As for next week, maybe LT will beat FW and maybe they won't.  Like Bobcat05 said, we should all be hoping that FW wins state, despite some the comments made here.  I am just hoping for a good, clean game by both teams with no injuries to either side.  Best of luck guys.

I for one seriously underestimated the Jaguars defense and to be honest the Friendswood defense as well. It was a great game by two very good teams. Regardless of who won, I would have pulled for the Region III champ to do well. I currently live in Friendswood but spent most of my life in the Golden Triangle and understand the commradity there is in SETX and the pride you feel when your area teams do well. I have to tip my hat to the Jags and wish them well next season.

Listened to the game and there were some quetionable calls as always in high school football.  The hat was tipped in Friendswood favor, and they came away with the "W".  Now they face an unsurmountable task in beating Lake Travis.  I agree, we should be supporting FW in this endeavor, as tough as it may be!

The game was tough and hard fought on both parts...it sucks, but FW moves on...the refs sucked but they'll ref another game...and I saw some folks screaming at the coaches trying to blame the game on them and that pissed me off! >:(  All and all, I'm mad football is over...but we live to play another day!...hurry spring ball...please! ;)

Listened to the game and there were some quetionable calls as always in high school football.  The hat was tipped in Friendswood favor, and they came away with the "W".  Now they face an unsurmountable task in beating Lake Travis.  I agree, we should be supporting FW in this endeavor, as tough as it may be!

Come on man! You listened to the game right? What the heck does that mean? You were not there. Officials make and miss calls all year long and in this game it went both ways. But when it's a close game the losers cry the loudest. Never mind that Central couldn't get it in the end zone for six and had to settle for fg's. Never mind that they didn't have more balance in their offense. Central's offense is a crap shoot and they rolled this dice with it all yr long and they finally crapped out. If FW would have lost they could have said it was their fault for not putting the Jags away when FW fumbled without being touched on the 5 yd line and when they went on 4th and 2 in the red zone and didn't make it even though they could have tried a fg. So you see my friend all a team has to do 99.99999% is look in the mirror, there lies the blame. As a matter of fact it's been the triangle teams(WOS&PNG&Lumberton last yr) to break LAMARQUE'S chokehold  that they had on this area and most of the state since like seems forever. Maybe their Jags and others in the triangle will get over hump and win the big one. Anyway Central proved a lot doubters wrong and  I'm glad of that.

Great attitude NDNwarrior - class act - tough game and the kids man up and learn what life is like!! The beauty of the sport. FW 5 penalties for 55 yards, BC 8 for 75. The call on the fumble was correct - he had control of the ball when he was down, ball came out when he was down.

Great season BC - remember - folks could come on here and see some of these comments and put several of you in the same category as Friendswoodfan - Like the comments about rich kids buying a game, wow - that was as bad as anything FWfan said.

Peace - be proud of your kids - remember is is High School football!!

This is your post FF.  It is rude, offensive and nonfactual.  You have been defied!    :D :D

Re: Central vs Friendswood ... Predictions?

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 09:25:33 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This`will be a blowout for Friendswood!  Central has barely squeaked out two wins, and their pathetic little run -- along with their pathetic fans -- ends right here!  RIP Central!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
    • Come on dude, don’t take anything away from the kids on the field. If you want to talk uncharacteristic, we made what 3 or 4 errors in game one. Y’all had 2 EARNED runs.  Defense is normally our strong suit. Your ace didn’t strike out a single one of our kids. Like I said also, you did not out hit us in game 1. Hell you barley out hit us in game 2. We had all the uncharacteristic walks. Josh pitched a hell of a game is what made that game what it was.
  • Topics