*Central vs. Friendswood Quarterfinal Updates/Friendswood Escapes*

Listened to the game and there were some quetionable calls as always in high school football.  The hat was tipped in Friendswood favor, and they came away with the "W".  Now they face an unsurmountable task in beating Lake Travis.  I agree, we should be supporting FW in this endeavor, as tough as it may be!

Come on man! You listened to the game right? What the heck does that mean? You were not there. Officials make and miss calls all year long and in this game it went both ways. But when it's a close game the losers cry the loudest. Never mind that Central couldn't get it in the end zone for six and had to settle for fg's. Never mind that they didn't have more balance in their offense. Central's offense is a crap shoot and they rolled this dice with it all yr long and they finally crapped out. If FW would have lost they could have said it was their fault for not putting the Jags away when FW fumbled without being touched on the 5 yd line and when they went on 4th and 2 in the red zone and didn't make it even though they could have tried a fg. So you see my friend all a team has to do 99.99999% is look in the mirror, there lies the blame. As a matter of fact it's been the triangle teams(WOS&PNG&Lumberton last yr) to break LAMARQUE'S chokehold  that they had on this area and most of the state since like seems forever. Maybe their Jags and others in the triangle will get over hump and win the big one. Anyway Central proved a lot doubters wrong and  I'm glad of that.

Central's Offense is legit...you tell me how many teams can make a switch w/ an offense and use the season to get better and then make a heck of a run in the playoffs!  It don't happen often! :o

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great attitude NDNwarrior - class act - tough game and the kids man up and learn what life is like!! The beauty of the sport. FW 5 penalties for 55 yards, BC 8 for 75. The call on the fumble was correct - he had control of the ball when he was down, ball came out when he was down.

Great season BC - remember - folks could come on here and see some of these comments and put several of you in the same category as Friendswoodfan - Like the comments about rich kids buying a game, wow - that was as bad as anything FWfan said.

Peace - be proud of your kids - remember is is High School football!!

I went to pick up my brother who was watching film in the Fieldhouse at Central...I went in and saw the play....FW, sorry folks but IT WAS A FUMBLE :o...he lost control of the ball and before his knees hit the turf the ball came out...he then bounced on it and it popped out...bad call...but what can u do!

[quote author=obcowboy link=topic=46579.msg481947#

I went to pick up my brother who was watching film in the Fieldhouse at Central...I went in and saw the play....FW, sorry folks but IT WAS A FUMBLE :o...he lost control of the ball and before his knees hit the turf the ball came out...he then bounced on it and it popped out...bad call...but what can u do!

WOW I

CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THE REF DID THAT TO CENTRAL AND I THINK THE SIDELINE REFS DID SEE IT AND THEY KNEW THAT IT IS WAS A FUMBLE BUT THEY RULED IT THAT HE WAS DOWN BUT IT WAS A FUMBLE! CENTRAL SHOULD BE PLAYING LAKE TRAVIS THIS SAT INSTEAD OF FRIENDSWOOD!

I'm really through with it.  We shouldn't have been in that situation.  We should have learned from the week before from the Angleton game.  We should have came out in the second half with a killer instinct and put them away, but we didn't we allowed them to hang around untill they made some good plays to take the lead. 

We'll get them back next year and we will be better.  As for now, I wish FW luck against LT...

I will try to post the video my wife took this weekend - not a fumble by the way, he had possesion when he was down.

Wrong....wrong....wrong...I know it's over but we are still posting!  I saw it and we zoomed in on it...sorry but as he was falling b4 his knees hit the ground...he lost possession of the ball.  He bounced on it as it came out and then it popped out!  No one is taking away from the fact that you won...but it was a fumble!

The game is over.  FW won.  I would just like to see how the opinions could vary so widely among all these people who"clearly" saw what happened.     ???

Very true...the game is over...Some people who say they saw it are saying that b/c no one can say otherwise!  How do you know they saw it...it was obvious on the screen at the stadium when they called the timeout the next play and Stowers went to midfield point at the screen...but again it's over and I wish FW well in their quest! ;D 

This is your post FF.  It is rude, offensive and nonfactual.  You have been defied!     :D :D

Re: Central vs Friendswood ... Predictions?

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 09:25:33 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This`will be a blowout for Friendswood!  Central has barely squeaked out two wins, and their pathetic little run -- along with their pathetic fans -- ends right here!  RIP Central!!!!!!

The point of the thread was to solicit predictions, and like dozens of other people, I offered mine.  My description of Central having squeaked out two wins was entirely accurate, and my prediction turned out to be right.  My characterization of Central's run as being pathetic was, in retrospect, wrong, and for that I do apologize to the Central players.  However, my characterization of Central's fans as being pathetic was, perhaps, the single most accuarate thing I have posted on the HS Football forum.  You guys have proved it time and time again! 

Either way, the head official ruled the ball down before either team recovered, its not like he waited to see central recover and then call it down.

And I also saw the film in our field house, he appeared down to me.

Its time to lock this one down, the last 5 pages have been the same thing over and over.

I would like to see a new thread labeled "here is the video of the fumble, draw your own conclusion"

Either way, the head official ruled the ball down before either team recovered, its not like he waited to see central recover and then call it down.

And I also saw the film in our field house, he appeared down to me.

The way you say it...seems to be some uncertianty...nun the less...it good! ;D

This is your post FF.  It is rude, offensive and nonfactual.  You have been defied!     :D :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This`will be a blowout for Friendswood!  Central has barely squeaked out two wins, and their pathetic little run -- along with their pathetic fans -- ends right here!  RIP Central!!!!!!

The point of the thread was to solicit predictions, and like dozens of other people, I offered mine.  My description of Central having squeaked out two wins was entirely accurate, and my prediction turned out to be right.  My characterization of Central's run as being pathetic was, in retrospect, wrong, and for that I do apologize to the Central players.  However, my characterization of Central's fans as being pathetic was, perhaps, the single most accuarate thing I have posted on the HS Football forum.  You guys have proved it time and time again! 

:o Well, that wasn't nice and probably not called for.

Dude.  You predicted a blow out,did you not?  How can you say that your "prediction turned out to be right"?  You were not even close. 

Pay no more attention to the FW fans, as they will surely deprive us of their presence after they get it handed to'em this weekend by LT.....and then the planets will all fall back into place, and we will once again have peace and serenity. ;D

you are so right :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Pay no more attention to the FW fans, as they will surely deprive us of their presence after they get it handed to'em this weekend by LT.....and then the planets will all fall back into place, and we will once again have peace and serenity. ;D

Just like we do not hear from you much during the regular season. We will be ready to talk basketball whenever you are! Oh - that is right Dayton and BC do not have very good bball teams. But guess what FW does - boys and girls. See we do it all. Sorry for the tone - but the attitude from some of your fans towards other schools, like FW, gets a little old. We will continue to drop in to see how you folks are doing! But from the looks of it, you do not have peace and serenity!!

Just like we do not hear from you much during the regular season. We will be ready to talk basketball whenever you are! Oh - that is right Dayton and BC do not have very good bball teams. But guess what FW does - boys and girls. See we do it all. Sorry for the tone - but the attitude from some of your fans towards other schools, like FW, gets a little old. We will continue to drop in to see how you folks are doing! But from the looks of it, you do not have peace and serenity!!

BC doesn't have a bad basketball team.

See me on the Hoops forum about Central Hoops...

[move]F A I L !   YOU LOSE![/move]  Next time you send me a PM, you better know what you're talking about.........foot in mouth!

Isnt the State championship game today?  Why are we STILL arguing about Friendswood... Neither team ffinished the job on the field... One point difference so either deserved to go... Friendswood won... The Jags had a great season... Story over!

If was really over Short...why'd u post...gotta ignore and resist the urge to get in it...see u sucked me in!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder