*Central vs. Friendswood Quarterfinal Updates/Friendswood Escapes*

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ask Oklahoma and Texas how important head to head is....

Friendswood might have got the better in the 2nd week of the season, but now the way Cody is playing....

Congrats to Friendswood and good luck next week....

Yall need to be praying to all the Gods known to mankind (the Holy Trinity, Jesus, Alla, Buddha, Hindu)...

This one's for you Purple4Ever  --  What do Dayton and Central have in common?  They both hail to the mighty Mustangs!  Congratulations to FHS, the Champions of ALL of Region 3 -- especially the GT!

At least Dayton has a chance next week, a real good chance to win the game.  The mighty Stangs are already counted out like a fat kid in dodgeball!!  Enjoy Kyle Field   :D :D  

This one's for you Purple4Ever  --  What do Dayton and Central have in common?  They both hail to the mighty Mustangs!  Congratulations to FHS, the Champions of ALL of Region 3 -- especially the GT!

I guarantee you next weekend will be the last we hea of this guy. He will  :-X. Talk to us next weekend after the Lake make your mustangs a new one. You know I kinda feel bad for those kids that rep Frienswood on the field because of people like you. I certainly wouldn't want you as a mouth piece for anything I'm a part of.

The higher you are...

The further you fall....

I foresee a mass exodus of Mustang fans in the third quarter from Kyle Field.

One of the rich spoiled kids had daddy buy him a victory. The samething happen to Ozen a few years back.

You are pathetic and immature for that comment, all the kids played hard and left it out on the field.. and you could see all the calls on the replay board too.

The higher you are...

The further you fall....

I foresee a mass exodus of Mustang fans in the third quarter from Kyle Field.

Sorry, but we are not fair weather fans, we will be out there all game. (Ecspecially on Kyle Field)

Incredible game Jags, It was fought with intensity and great Heart by both sides. I was there. Both teams really came to play, the Defenses from both teams played great in the 2nd half. Your game plan worked to a T in the first half, but we just managed to hold two possesions to Field goals, which along with a missed extra point were the difference in the game. I understand you feel like the Refs were harsh in the 2nd half, but I saw most of those penalties myself and they were real. Were there plays missed by the Ref? of coarse there were, in both halves and on both sides of the ball. I saw the "fumble" and it was ruled correctly. It was right in front of me, Karams knee hit, and when his elbow hit the ground the ball came out. The Ref was less than 5 yards away and ruled it immediately, before the ball was even picked up by any player. It was an incredible game, we were holding our breath the entire time.

Discounting any comments by any poster from either side, I thought the game was played cleanly and without any intentional fouls. (You should see the picture, on a La Marque website, of Coach Van Meter ripping into Fitzpatrick for the dead ball foul that cost us the extra point in the first half. His veins are about to pop out of his neck!)

Do not belittle anyones effort by making excuses, Jags and Mustangs both played their butts off.

Friendswood plays Lake Travis next week, and will obviously be a decided underdog. They will need incredible games from all their kids to win, but they Earned the right to be there.

I will apologize for any stupid comments from some of our fans, but all teams have fans like that. I promise, win lose or draw I will show up here next week and give an update of the Game.

Congrats Jags on a great year, see ya here next year, if that's agreeable to y'all.

Incredible game Jags, It was fought with intensity and great Heart by both sides. I was there. Both teams really came to play, the Defenses from both teams played great in the 2nd half. Your game plan worked to a T in the first half, but we just managed to hold two possesions to Field goals, which along with a missed extra point were the difference in the game. I understand you feel like the Refs were harsh in the 2nd half, but I saw most of those penalties myself and they were real. Were there plays missed by the Ref? of coarse there were, in both halves and on both sides of the ball. I saw the "fumble" and it was ruled correctly. It was right in front of me, Karams knee hit, and when his elbow hit the ground the ball came out. The Ref was less than 5 yards away and ruled it immediately, before the ball was even picked up by any player. It was an incredible game, we were holding our breath the entire time.

Discounting any comments by any poster from either side, I thought the game was played cleanly and without any intentional fouls. (You should see the picture, on a La Marque website, of Coach Van Meter ripping into Fitzpatrick for the dead ball foul that cost us the extra point in the first half. His veins are about to pop out of his neck!)

Do not belittle anyones effort by making excuses, Jags and Mustangs both played their butts off.

Friendswood plays Lake Travis next week, and will obviously be a decided underdog. They will need incredible games from all their kids to win, but they Earned the right to be there.

I will apologize for any stupid comments from some of our fans, but all teams have fans like that. I promise, win lose or draw I will show up here next week and give an update of the Game.

Congrats Jags on a great year, see ya here next year, if that's agreeable to y'all.

Great post.  No doubt we'll be here again.  Again, good luck against LT. 

Friendswood, we look forward to meeting you next year.  Maybe you can drop Dayton off the schedule and play us in nondistrict? 

Contracts are signed at the realigment every two yrs, so FW couldn't do that. Great game Jags ditto for FW. The Jags kept is close and cashed when they were in the red zone. FW played it close but they squandered chances in the red zone if not  for that the games wouldn't have been one victory. The Jags defense was the difference in the game they slowed the Stangs down. The fumble by FW at the end of game wasn't the story, it was FW stopping the Jags in the fourth quater.

Game stats:

Fwood      Central

Total yards       334          307

First downs        15            17

Rushes/Yds    31/187      45/267

Average rush     6.03         5.93

Comp/Atts       11/21        3/11

Pass yards        147           40

Comp pct         52.38       27.27

Punts                 2             4

Punting Yards      90          139

Punting Average   45        34.75

Fumbles/Lost      1/1          1/0

Penalties-yards   5-55        8-75

Now how were the penalties so lopsided?  Unless you were sitting on the home side, you wouldn't have had a clear view of the "fumble" were the Karam was correctly ruled down immediately by the officials.  Great game Central, but it was the Fwood D that stopped you on 4 consecutive possessions in the 2nd half that sealed the win for Fwood.  I'm sure Angleton thought they were the better team last week after missing 3 xp's and taking a 1pt loss.  That's football -- quit whining Central fans.

Amen to that bro. The Jags played great. But when you lose a heartbreaker sorry excuses come up. This is the best the Beaumont area had to offer in 11 yrs besides a WOS and PNG run. Usually LM ruled and wrecked this region. And for 3 qtrs the Jags thought the dream would stay alive. I knew that FW's run defense was suspect after watching Lamarque run up 48 pts on them even though FW put 69 pts on the COOGS. The penalties were not an issue.It's a sorry excuse for losers to hold onto. The jags best game and FW's so-so game is the only reason the Stangs didn't have comfortable lead imo. Anyway congrat Jags.

Not having been there I will say this The Central Jags outperformed what the pollsters-sportswriters had them picked to finish and that is enough consulation for a 1 point loss to Friendswood.They outplayed above mosts expectations some great football and can hold their head high and say they were very good this year.Congradulations to Friendswood in their hard fought victory.

BMTsoulja1,

Only listened to the last quarter due to other projects, but Central deserved to be there, and came close to advances.

How good was the QB from Friendswood ?. Did he have a quality receivers that made him look better or was he the key to the victory with not much help?

He is an accurate QB.  What amazed me is how he avoided the rush, set up his blocks, called line autibles.  He's not the most athletic QB I've seen, but you will have hell getting to him.  Very smart kid. 

Your defense was great --- fast and very athletic.   It sounds like you're setup for a deep run next year.

As far as this game, if you don't commit the violations then the refs don't throw the flag and no, it wasn't a fumble.  Fwood fans have plenty of class.  The classless comments on this site have been from the Central side.  It's time to move on and yes we know we will have our hands full with LT.  It'll take our best effort, a lot of luck, and some divine intervention to get past LT but we'll leave it all on the field and see how it goes.

Not from where I'm sitting. People like yourself and FriendswoodFan have definitely made some rather classless comments, and you won the game! Please, dont be a sore winner. Yes, you won, and pat yourselves on the back for it.....but there is no need to gloat.

There are 2 great articles in today's Galveston County Daily News.  One is about how Stowers silly remarks fired up the FHS boys all and motivated them to take care of business.  The other is about how the adjustments made by the Mustang coaches at halftime helped to stop Central's 2nd half offense.  Thanks Coach!

Dude, you really are a classless jerk!

Most of you Central fans are about as myopic, disingenuous and hypocrtical as possible.

You spend all week on this site disrepecting and trash-talking the FHS team, attacking anyone and everyone who has a different opinion, getting more vitriolic as the week passes, acting like GT football teams are God's gift to the sport, and making sure to dare the FHS fans to make sure we get back on this site Sunday (because you are so rediculously overconfident of a win).

During the week your coach is silly enough to openly disrepect the FHS players in the local newspaper; which your fans pick up on and publish on this site.

Then, your kids go out and play a great game, but get beat (yes, they got beat). But, you can't accept it and so you have to blame the field, the refs, the FHS players parent and fans, and so on and so forth.

Then, rather than congratulate the FHS team that just beat (yes beat) your beloved Jaguars, you continue to disrepect and trash-talk the Mustangs -- sometimes using foul language. But,what you don't realize is that what you are really saying to your beloved Jaguars (and, indirectly, to your beloved Broncos) is that you're not even good enough to beat a team that we think can't hold a candle to LT! Do you really think it makes the Central boys feel better to read/hear about how lousy you think the FHS team is? Think about you sore losers!

Then, whgen the FHS fans come back on the site -- as we were dared to do -- you say we're classless? Look in the mirror.

Are we rubbing it in a bit? Yes. Do you guys deserve it? You bet!

Get over it! Go Mustangs!!!!!!

Most of you Central fans are about as myopic, disingenuous and hypocrtical as possible. 

You spend all week on this site disrepecting and trash-talking the FHS team, attacking anyone and everyone who has a different opinion, getting more vitriolic as the week passes, acting like GT football teams are God's gift to the sport, and making sure to dare the FHS fans to make sure we get back on this site Sunday (because you are so rediculously overconfident of a win). 

During the week your coach is silly enough to openly disrepect the FHS players in the local newspaper; which your fans pick up on and publish on this site. 

Then, your kids go out and play a great game, but get beat (yes, they got beat).  But, you can't accept it and so you have to blame the field, the refs, the FHS players parent and fans, and so on and so forth.

Then, rather than congratulate the FHS team that just beat (yes beat) your beloved Jaguars, you continue to disrepect and trash-talk the Mustangs -- sometimes using foul language.  But, you are too stupid to realize that what you are really saying to your beloved Jaguars (and, indirectly, to your beloved Broncos) is that you're not even good enough to beat a team that we think can't hold a candle to LT!  Do you really think it makes the Central boys feel better to read/hear about how lousy you think the FHS team is?  Think about you sore losers!

Then, whgen the FHS fans come back on the site -- as we were dared to do -- you say we're classless?  Look in the mirror. 

Are we rubbing it in a bit?  Yes.  Do you guys deserve it?  You bet!

Get over it!  Go Mustangs!!!!!!

ENJOY THE GAME NEXT WEEK!!!

If I were you I would sit in the endzone section that Lake Travis is going into (switch sides each quarter).

You should witness all dozen touchdowns that LT scores in the game!

Then, your kids go out and play a great game, but get beat (yes, they got beat).  But, you can't accept it and so you have to blame the field, the refs, the FHS players parent and fans, and so on and so forth.

Then, rather than congratulate the FHS team that just beat (yes beat) your beloved Jaguars, you continue to disrepect and trash-talk the Mustangs -- sometimes using foul language.  But,what you don't realize is that what you are really saying to your beloved Jaguars (and, indirectly, to your beloved Broncos) is that you're not even good enough to beat a team that we think can't hold a candle to LT!  Do you really think it makes the Central boys feel better to read/hear about how lousy you think the FHS team is?  Think about you sore losers!

Then, whgen the FHS fans come back on the site -- as we were dared to do -- you say we're classless?  Look in the mirror. 

Are we rubbing it in a bit?  Yes.  Do you guys deserve it?  You bet!

Get over it!  Go Mustangs!!!!!!

For example, how you have done? Do you mean to say that you have not done these things that you say the Central fans and most of the GT in general have done. You are the one that needs to look in the mirror, my friend. As you are the one who is openly gloating about the fact that your team won. A real fan with class would simply congratulate Central on a fine season, and leave it at that. But when you make some of the classless remarks that you have made, i.e., openly gloating about your win, and being disrespectful towards Jaguar fans, you open yourself up to such criticism. If you would openly like to chat about your semifinal game against LT, then we have provided another thread for you to do so. If you wish to continually pat yourself on the back and be the sore winner, then please do it on another forum. Thank you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476